HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Do you remember Sunday night when you were a kid?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bub

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Do you remember Sunday night when you were a kid?   Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:13 pm

I remember watching Ed Sullivan
Now I watch this
http://www.wimp.com/divingsharks/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Metropolmodern

Registration date : 2011-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Do you remember Sunday night when you were a kid?   Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:11 am

I remember being panicked on Sunday night because I hadn't done my homework yet... study
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/metropolismodern
Carlos
Admin

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Do you remember Sunday night when you were a kid?   Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:28 am

The Wonderful World of Disney. When I got older it was Masterpiece Theater.

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eric

Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Do you remember Sunday night when you were a kid?   Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:36 am

Carlos wrote:
The Wonderful World of Disney.

+1 I remember looking forward to that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bub

PostSubject: Re: Do you remember Sunday night when you were a kid?   Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:53 pm

Lets not forget Steve
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Do you remember Sunday night when you were a kid?   Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:29 pm

Mom and dad would pull the sofa bed out and we'd all sit together and watch Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom, in black and white, and the world was a pleasant place to be.

Natch

Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Do you remember Sunday night when you were a kid?   Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:49 pm

Puff Daddy wrote:
Mom and dad would pull the sofa bed out and we'd all sit together and watch Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom, in black and white, and the world was a pleasant place to be.

Yes! I loved it as Marlin Perkins would make great statements to the audience such as, "and we'll stay here in the safety of the helicopters as Jim wrestles that 35 foot giant anaconda to the ground to show us how different the markings are from the 21 foot python he has in his other hand". Poor Jim always got the shit jobs!

Natch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Do you remember Sunday night when you were a kid?   Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:14 pm

Wild Kingdom was on early as I recall. Why don't they rerun some of those episodes? Sure beat some of the crap they have on there now.

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bub

PostSubject: Re: Do you remember Sunday night when you were a kid?   Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:26 pm

Back by popular demand

I am happy to report that Marlin Pekins lived to the age of 81 years of age.
His death was attributed to cancer, and no animals were involved
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marlin_Perkins
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LL

Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Do you remember Sunday night when you were a kid?   Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:11 pm

Natch wrote:

Yes! I loved it as Marlin Perkins would make great statements to the audience such as, "and we'll stay here in the safety of the helicopters as Jim wrestles that 35 foot giant anaconda to the ground to show us how different the markings are from the 21 foot python he has in his other hand". Poor Jim always got the shit jobs!

Not always. Marlin was a true snake badass, and handled the worst of the worst routinely. Was bitten a number of times and kept at it anyway, including by a Gaboon Viper (a placid species that doesn't bite humans often, but when it does they remember it well):

Quote :

In humans, a Bitis gabonica bite causes rapid and conspicuous swelling, intense pain, severe shock and local blistering. Other symptoms include uncoordinated movements, defecation, urination, swelling of the tongue and eyelids, convulsions and unconsciousness. Blistering, bruising and necrosis may be extensive. There may be sudden hypotension, heart damage and dyspnoea. The blood may become incoagulable with internal bleeding that may lead to haematuria and haematemesis. Local tissue damage may require surgical excision and possibly amputation. Healing may be slow and fatalities are not uncommon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bub

PostSubject: Re: Do you remember Sunday night when you were a kid?   Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:34 pm

Marlin meets the Gabbon viper
http://www.wimp.com/doesnot/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LL

Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Do you remember Sunday night when you were a kid?   Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:42 pm

Bub wrote:
Marlin meets the Gabbon viper
http://www.wimp.com/doesnot/

I once had a toughguy cat, and a 10 week old Airedale puppy. The dog was welcomed the same way upon their initial introduction.

Big mistake. The 10 week old puppy ate his Purina and was soon a 65 pound bundle of steel cables with a long memory, while the toughguy cat remained tough but didn't grow.

One evening the cat's Ninja Assassin sneak attack---he loved to bolt out from under and behind the furniture to administer his explosive FaceFlail to the dog, then depart with equal speed---went south when his avenues of retreat were unexpectedly unavailable, and the doggie caught his furry ass.

The rest, as they say, was over in the blink of an eye.

Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Do you remember Sunday night when you were a kid?   Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:50 pm

This one came on either before or after Wild Kingdom, I canīt remember, but Iīd watch them both most Sundays.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gospelman

Registration date : 2007-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Do you remember Sunday night when you were a kid?   Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:07 am

I remember watching Bonanza on Sunday nights, also Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color, Car 54 Where Are You, and occasionally Ed Sullivan.

I remember one Sunday night...I was 10...my dad wanted to check out the Sullivan show. He was no rock and roll fan, but he said he wanted to check out a group of singers he had heard was going to be on there.

The group of singers was The Beatles...and, not to be overly dramatic, but my life changed that night.

Mike
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Do you remember Sunday night when you were a kid?   Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:21 am

I always knew the weekend was coming to an end when "At the Movies" with Siskel and Ebert came on. In younger years, "Wild Kingdom" was pretty hard to beat. My cat had to endure a lot of "safari" adventures with me chasing her around on a toy Winnebago that I had, which was my substitute for Marlin's ever present Land Rover.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LIPIPE

Location : Setauket,Long Island and upstate Granville, New York
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Do you remember Sunday night when you were a kid?   Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:54 am

I'm remembering Metropol's post...."Holey shit, I did not do my weekend homework" and the pressure is on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mark
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Do you remember Sunday night when you were a kid?   Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:42 pm

,,,,,you guys had televisions????

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bub

PostSubject: Re: Do you remember Sunday night when you were a kid?   Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:18 pm

We had lots of TVs.
The store would let you take them home for a free trail and my father always like a deal.
In one week and out the next.
I remember watching a St Louis Cardinal baseball game and seeing Stan Musial (#6) on a 12 inch black and white screen.
TV programs weren't on 24/7.
We had these
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tin man
Foiled Again

PostSubject: Re: Do you remember Sunday night when you were a kid?   Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:53 pm

Puff Daddy wrote:

Don't forget the vanilla wafer banana pudding!

cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StatHaldol

Registration date : 2011-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Do you remember Sunday night when you were a kid?   Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:38 pm

A great walk down memory lane! I remember watching Ed Sullivan with my parents. There was always some guy spinning plates on a bunch of sticks...it seems like the same music was playing in the background!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bub

PostSubject: Re: Do you remember Sunday night when you were a kid?   Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:37 pm

If you remember Ed then you remember Xavier Cugat and Abbe Lane
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Do you remember Sunday night when you were a kid?   Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:20 am

tin man wrote:
Don't forget the vanilla wafer banana pudding!

cheers
Oh man, that brings back memories Laughing It's funny how really bad food can be the greatest thing ever when you don't know any better Laughing Mom tried though, and it was the 60's. If it came in a box it must be better! Suspect

Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Do you remember Sunday night when you were a kid?   Sat May 07, 2011 7:51 pm

As a kid Sunday nights meant Disney's "Wonderful World of Color", followed by "Bonanza" (one of my late Paps' faves), and we had a color TV in the mid 60s - what a novelty!! Also remember the pre-color seasons of "Bonanza", as well as the B&W "Walt Disney Presents" before "Wonderful World of Color" came out.

After the color broadcasts, it was back to B&W. From there it was "What's My Line", and "Candid Camera". "Candid Camera" came on at 9PM iirc and that was my bedtime, so normally didn't get to see that show until I got a bit older. Always remember my folks laughing as they watched it while I was in bed trying to get to sleep!

Also remember watching Ed Sullivan in B&W and of course the legendary show featuring the Beatles.

OK so I'm an old fart!

cyclops
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com Online
WaydeG

Registration date : 2011-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Do you remember Sunday night when you were a kid?   Sun May 15, 2011 12:13 pm

ShellBriar wrote:
Carlos wrote:
The Wonderful World of Disney.

+1 I remember looking forward to that.

Wow. Rush of memories. We did chili dogs, B&M baked beans (in the little brown jar) on a metal TV tray in front of our Silvertone (Sears) TV. Either Disney or MoO. Still have nightmares as I was the remote.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Do you remember Sunday night when you were a kid?   Sun May 15, 2011 2:47 pm

Not Sunday programming specifically but totally reminds me of my childhood....

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Do you remember Sunday night when you were a kid?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: