Bulldog Pics

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Harlock999

Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

Bulldog Pics - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulldog Pics   Bulldog Pics - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 12:44 pm

Dutch wrote:
I believe he did carve some of the Bjarne high grades. Take a look at this link-

http://pipedia.org/index.php?title=Bjarne

Cool, thanks!
I didn't know that... cheers
Back to top Go down
Harlock999

Harlock999

PostSubject: Re: Bulldog Pics   Bulldog Pics - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 12:54 pm

Bulldog Pics - Page 6 1rosie11

Last edited by Harlock999 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dutch

Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Bulldog Pics   Bulldog Pics - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 1:09 pm

That is certainly a sweet deal Harlock! I love the cutty shapes, and I have never seen a bulldog done in the forward canted manner.

Very cool indeed! Cool
Back to top Go down
Schacht

Schacht

Registration date : 2011-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Bulldog Pics   Bulldog Pics - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 1:32 pm

Harlock999 wrote:
I just got this little French made forward canted bulldog with a clear stem for $4.99! […]
That is so cool, one of the most interesting cheap pipes I´ve ever seen.
I don´t know - that Castello in the background either valorizes your french bulldog, but it´s also possible that it steals the show a little bit.

Anyway - congrats and thanks for showing the beautiful pic.

Kind regards
Thilo
Back to top Go down
http://www.thiloschacht.de/Schachttoene_Studiobilder/index.html
Harlock999

Harlock999

PostSubject: Re: Bulldog Pics   Bulldog Pics - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 2:00 pm

Thanks Dutch and Thilo!
I like the fact that the $225 Italian pipe really smokes no better than a pipe that cost less than the amount I spend daily on snacks at work!
Two completely different beasts of course, and the Castello is definitely a more versatile tool, but still, le petite bulldog was a very pleasant find.

Thanks again, gentlemen!
Cheers,
Chris.
Back to top Go down
deepbass9

deepbass9

Registration date : 2011-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Bulldog Pics   Bulldog Pics - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 2:44 am

I said it before, I'll say it again: Man, you got some sweet doggies of a different breed there!
Back to top Go down
s.ireland

Registration date : 2010-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Bulldog Pics   Bulldog Pics - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 3:35 am

That's a great $5 pipe! And I'm with Thilo, the Castello 55 in the back is stealing the limelight!
Back to top Go down
Harlock999

Harlock999

PostSubject: Re: Bulldog Pics   Bulldog Pics - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 4:13 am

s.ireland wrote:
That's a great $5 pipe! And I'm with Thilo, the Castello 55 in the back is stealing the limelight!

Well, that's what 55's do! They just can't help it... Cool
Back to top Go down
dshpipes

dshpipes

Registration date : 2011-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Bulldog Pics   Bulldog Pics - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 4:43 pm

Dutch wrote:
I believe he did carve some of the Bjarne high grades. Take a look at this link-

http://pipedia.org/index.php?title=Bjarne

I'd still ask Tonni about this, Harlock. They had the high grades' grading incorrect, which means there could be other errors. I fixed the grading. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.dshpipes.com
mark
Admin
mark

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Bulldog Pics   Bulldog Pics - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 5:12 pm

Sharp pipe for $5,,,the clear stem sets it off,,,really can't remember seeing a forward canted dog before.

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
Back to top Go down
Harlock999

Harlock999

PostSubject: Re: Bulldog Pics   Bulldog Pics - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 10:49 pm

Bulldog Pics - Page 6 22bull12

Last edited by Harlock999 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Schacht

Schacht

Registration date : 2011-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Bulldog Pics   Bulldog Pics - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 5:05 am

This pipes lacks the traditional geometry so consequent, it´s a pleasure. The asymmetric shapes some russian pipe makers show nowadays are exeptionally impressive. (This is off topic - but have you noticed Boris Starkovs work?

Have a nice sunday and thanks for showing this,
Thilo
Back to top Go down
http://www.thiloschacht.de/Schachttoene_Studiobilder/index.html
Harlock999

Harlock999

PostSubject: Re: Bulldog Pics   Bulldog Pics - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 11:04 am

Schacht wrote:
This pipes lacks the traditional geometry so consequent, it´s a pleasure. The asymmetric shapes some russian pipe makers show nowadays are exeptionally impressive. (This is off topic - but have you noticed Boris Starkovs work?

Have a nice sunday and thanks for showing this,
Thilo

Hi Thilo,
Wow, I had never heard of Starkov, but that's not surprising, as there seems to be more and more talented Russian and eastern European carvers everyday. That curved pipe is amazing! These guys are really expanding the boundaries of pipe craft at a remarkable rate. I've also seen an asymmetric pipe by Cornelius Manz that was really beautiful as well.
I love looking at these things...

Cheers,
Chris.
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Bulldog Pics   Bulldog Pics - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 12:29 pm

I, too, have noticed the Ruskies have been making some very strange off-center pipes lately, from an example like above where it's pleasantly "out of whack" to really abstract. I appreciate them all. Cool
Back to top Go down
dshpipes

dshpipes

Registration date : 2011-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Bulldog Pics   Bulldog Pics - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 2:28 pm

Harlock999 wrote:
mark wrote:
Sharp pipe for $5,,,the clear stem sets it off,,,really can't remember seeing a forward canted dog before.

Here's a forward canted rhodesian/bulldog of a different stripe:

Bulldog Pics - Page 6 Grechu11
It's a Grechukhin, and it's not mine...

Can I just say that Grechukhin has made his way to the top of my list of "pipe makers that I'd like to own work from?" 'Cause he has. And that, sir, is one fine Grachukhin.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dshpipes.com
Harlock999

Harlock999

PostSubject: Re: Bulldog Pics   Bulldog Pics - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 6:20 pm

Bulldog Pics - Page 6 11bull22

Last edited by Harlock999 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
monbla256

monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Bulldog Pics   Bulldog Pics - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 7:20 pm

Harlock,
I just went thru this whole thread and have to say you have some of the NICEST and most UNUSUAL Bulldogs I've seen ! I don't have any made by the folks you do and none of mine are as contemporary as yours! I have a total of 31 in my bunch, but all are standard, traditional shaped and sized Bulls/Rohdes but nothing along the lines of what you have !! Congrats on one of the NICEST collections of a style I've had the pleasure of seeing !! Razz
Back to top Go down
Harlock999

Harlock999

PostSubject: Re: Bulldog Pics   Bulldog Pics - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 7:28 pm

monbla256 wrote:
Harlock,
I just went thru this whole thread and have to say you have some of the NICEST and most UNUSUAL Bulldogs I've seen ! I don't have any made by the folks you do and none of mine are as contemporary as yours! I have a total of 31 in my bunch, but all are standard, traditional shaped and sized Bulls/Rohdes but nothing along the lines of what you have !! Congrats on one of the NICEST collections of a style I've had the pleasure of seeing !! Razz

Thank you sir!
It's been a lot of fun collecting, and smoking these bulldogs. It's a "shape" that really lends itself to interpretation in a variety of styles.
I appreciate your appreciation!
Back to top Go down
ginince

ginince

Registration date : 2012-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Bulldog Pics   Bulldog Pics - Page 6 EmptySat May 12, 2012 4:28 am

is it made by kai or viggo?
Back to top Go down
Dutch

Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Bulldog Pics   Bulldog Pics - Page 6 EmptySat May 12, 2012 4:34 am

The Luciano is another gorgeous addition Chris! Very cool my man! Cool
Back to top Go down
Harlock999

Harlock999

PostSubject: Re: Bulldog Pics   Bulldog Pics - Page 6 EmptySat May 12, 2012 11:44 am

ginince wrote:
is it made by kai or viggo?

The first pipe in this thread is a Kai Nielsen. I like his style, but I think Kurt Balleby makes the nicest Danish bulldogs.
Back to top Go down
Harlock999

Harlock999

PostSubject: Re: Bulldog Pics   Bulldog Pics - Page 6 EmptySat May 12, 2012 11:48 am

Dutch wrote:
The Luciano is another gorgeous addition Chris! Very cool my man! Cool

Thanks Dutch, I appreciate it!
The Luciano is a neat little pipe, and with all that grain, it's fun to look at while smoking.
Back to top Go down
Harlock999

Harlock999

PostSubject: Re: Bulldog Pics   Bulldog Pics - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 1:36 am

Bulldog Pics - Page 6 11bull23

Last edited by Harlock999 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Puff Daddy
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Bulldog Pics   Bulldog Pics - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 7:08 am

Well played sir! Smile

number_seven

Registration date : 2012-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Bulldog Pics   Bulldog Pics - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 11:04 am

I'm not really a fan of bulldogs, but those squat straight ones are really catching my eye. Especially the first one. Wow.
Back to top Go down
http://www.neurasthenia.us

Bulldog Pics
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next