HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Mike Brissett Pipes at TAPS Pipe Show in Raleigh, NC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Mike Brissett Pipes at TAPS Pipe Show in Raleigh, NC   Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:26 pm

With Mike's permission I am letting everyone know that Mike Brissett's pipes will be featured at this year's TAPS Annual Pipe and Cigar Expo in Raleigh, NC. It is fast approaching this Saturday April 19th at the NC State Fairgrounds.

I know that there are several regulars here on the BoB that are planning to attend and if you would like to see a nice selection of our own Pipemaker's work up close and personal now is the chance.

Mike has sent me a nice selection of his pipes for sale at the show with some of them never before seen that he has been working on just for the show. They will be sold at Mike's regular retail price. This is strickly a not for profit endeaver for me in order to give folks down south here a look and opportunity to acquire some of Mike's fine pipes. I am sure that Mike will appreciate the support. IMHO Mike crafts some of the finest pieces available at a very reasonable price!

I will have a table at the show featuring Mike's pipes as well as some other fine mid-high range estate pipes.

My table will also be the official John Middleton Walnut sampling table. Stop by and load up a bowl of the tobacco that truly satisfies and find out what all the hoopla is about! Laughing Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Laughing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
Slow Puffs
Resident Sportscaster

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Mike Brissett Pipes at TAPS Pipe Show in Raleigh, NC   Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:57 pm

Good show Mark,

Now i gotta get him to send some to Canada.

Very Happy Paul
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jhuggett
BoB's Pioneer & Founding Father

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Mike Brissett Pipes at TAPS Pipe Show in Raleigh, NC   Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:39 pm

That's a cool deal.

"Freedom, Security, Convenience: Choose Two"
"For me, I will take freedom over security and I will take security over convenience." ~ Dan Geer
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brothersofbriar.com
bronxbill

Registration date : 2007-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Mike Brissett Pipes at TAPS Pipe Show in Raleigh, NC   Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:43 pm

Guess I'm going to finally get to try the "famous" Walnut. I know Leroy will be proud. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: Mike Brissett Pipes at TAPS Pipe Show in Raleigh, NC   Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:09 pm

Good lord, Mr Brissett will be out of business for sure if people start associating his high quality affordable pipes with that wretched recycled toilet paper called Walnut.

Mike get an injunction while you can!!!!!!!
It will probably ghost and ruin those pipes just being on the same table with an open can of that abomination!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke

PostSubject: Re: Mike Brissett Pipes at TAPS Pipe Show in Raleigh, NC   Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:42 pm

A little pre-show teaser of the Brissetts that will be offered at the upcoming TAPS Show.

Phenomenal 360 straight grain with some of the tightest and prettiest birds eye that I have ever seen. Mike wouldn't admit it, but this is a very high grade pipe and the photos don't do squat for it. You have got to see this baby in person!

When you hold this most beautiful freehand visions of Hobbits and Elves begin to come to mind, is the only way that I can describe it. Incredible high grade freehand!
Back to top Go down
pipemaker

Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Mike Brissett Pipes at TAPS Pipe Show in Raleigh, NC   Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:58 pm

Mark,

You missed your calling. You should have gotten into marketing.

P.B.
I thought about what you said, but if these pipes can survive an encounter with Walnut, just think how well they will smoke with real tobacco.

Mike
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://my.execpc.com/~maddog92/Pipes2/pipes.html
Justpipes
The Duke

PostSubject: Re: Mike Brissett Pipes at TAPS Pipe Show in Raleigh, NC   Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:04 pm

pipemaker wrote:
Mark,

You missed your calling. You should have gotten into marketing.

P.B.
I thought about what you said, but if these pipes can survive an encounter with Walnut, just think how well they will smoke with real tobacco.

Mike

I'm work'n it Mike!!!

Once I get a few people walking around smoking the free samples of Walnut they will be fighting over your pipes!!!!! I already have a few guys in the club begging! Laughing Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Laughing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: Mike Brissett Pipes at TAPS Pipe Show in Raleigh, NC   Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:33 pm

Brilliant Plan JP....
Trick them into totally destroying their pipes with a 'gift' of Walnut. Then they will have to buy the Brissetts to smoke anything else that day.
Simply devious.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikem
The Coordinator

Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Mike Brissett Pipes at TAPS Pipe Show in Raleigh, NC   Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:49 pm

As always Mike, great looking pipes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke

PostSubject: Re: Mike Brissett Pipes at TAPS Pipe Show in Raleigh, NC   Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:30 am

Come on out to the State Fairgrounds in Raleigh, NC for an opportunity to acquire a fine Brissett pipe! I will be there from 7:00 AM until...........

Don't miss your chance!
Back to top Go down

Mike Brissett Pipes at TAPS Pipe Show in Raleigh, NC
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1