HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My humble Peterson collection

Go down 
AuthorMessage
nosenhoj

nosenhoj

Registration date : 2011-01-06

My humble Peterson collection Empty
PostSubject: My humble Peterson collection   My humble Peterson collection EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 3:54 pm

These Photos were taken weeks ago. There are three Peets missing. I'll post them later.

"There's a storry behind every bowl"

My humble Peterson collection 2011_021[img][/img][img][/img]
Back to top Go down
forsooth

forsooth

Registration date : 2011-01-12

PostSubject: Re: My humble Peterson collection   My humble Peterson collection EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 4:18 pm

Wow! Beautiful collection of Petersons! Nothing humble about that!! My humble Peterson collection 710492
Back to top Go down
nosenhoj

nosenhoj

PostSubject: My humble Peterson collection   My humble Peterson collection EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 6:11 pm

Thanks forsooth, for your kind remarks.
I enjoy them all.

"There's a story behind every bowl"
Back to top Go down
MisterE
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: My humble Peterson collection   My humble Peterson collection EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 6:16 pm

I love the military bit straights! What model is it? #106? I cant remember...
Back to top Go down
Muddler

Muddler

Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: My humble Peterson collection   My humble Peterson collection EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 6:30 pm

See you're a fan of the Sherlock Holmes pipes. Very nice collection of Petes you have.
Back to top Go down
nosenhoj

nosenhoj

PostSubject: My humble Peterson collection   My humble Peterson collection EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 7:50 pm

Yes Mr. E.
The large military is a 106 K&P Dublin. The smaller one is a 101 K&P Dublin I date them at around 1950.

Back to top Go down
Gumball

Gumball

Registration date : 2011-04-27

PostSubject: Re: My humble Peterson collection   My humble Peterson collection EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 1:59 am

Nice collection you have there, and glad to hear that they are enjoyed for their smoking as well as aesthetic quality.
Back to top Go down
Harlock999

Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: My humble Peterson collection   My humble Peterson collection EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 9:05 am

I don't own any Peterson's, but I can always appreciate a nice collection, and that is a nice collection! Thanks for the photo.
Back to top Go down
StatHaldol

StatHaldol

Registration date : 2011-04-21

PostSubject: Re: My humble Peterson collection   My humble Peterson collection EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 2:37 am

Thanks for posting, wonderful collection! I love my Peterson.
Back to top Go down
cigarstorejay

cigarstorejay

Registration date : 2011-04-02

PostSubject: Re: My humble Peterson collection   My humble Peterson collection EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 8:50 pm

I have one and I enjoy it regularly.

Most excellent collection.

Nice rack, too!

(I'm sorry, just had to be done )
Back to top Go down
dshpipes

dshpipes

Registration date : 2011-03-06

PostSubject: Re: My humble Peterson collection   My humble Peterson collection EmptySun May 01, 2011 11:50 am

That is one good lookin' Pete collection.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dshpipes.com
tallan

Registration date : 2011-05-10

PostSubject: P-Lip?   My humble Peterson collection EmptyTue May 10, 2011 5:32 pm

As someone else said, there's nothing humble about that collection; a bunch of beauties! I just got my first Peterson a few days ago, one of the least expensive models, and it's a good smoker although I have to take it apart to get a pipe cleaner through to the bowl.

I have a question: what are the advantages / disadvantages, theoretical and actual, of the P-lip? Mine doesn't have that...
Back to top Go down
RealtorFrank

RealtorFrank

Registration date : 2010-11-21

PostSubject: Re: My humble Peterson collection   My humble Peterson collection EmptyTue May 10, 2011 6:53 pm

Wow, I am jealous, I have been trying to track down the Sherlock Holmes collection! You have some beautiful Petersons there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.franksellsnashville.com/
nosenhoj

nosenhoj

PostSubject: My humble Peterson collection   My humble Peterson collection EmptyTue May 10, 2011 8:42 pm

Tallan; the theory behing the P-lip, is by placing the hole in the bit on top, the stream of smoke is directed away from the tongue towards the roof of the mouth, therebuy avoiding tongue bite. Works for me.

Back to top Go down
tallan

Registration date : 2011-05-10

PostSubject: Re: My humble Peterson collection   My humble Peterson collection EmptyWed May 11, 2011 12:09 am

nosenhoj wrote:
Tallan; the theory behing the P-lip, is by placing the hole in the bit on top, the stream of smoke is directed away from the tongue towards the roof of the mouth, therebuy avoiding tongue bite. Works for me.

Sounds interesting; thanks! I guess my next Peterson will be a P-lip so I can give it a try...
Back to top Go down
sand18f

sand18f

Registration date : 2011-01-17

PostSubject: Re: My humble Peterson collection   My humble Peterson collection EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 6:16 am

Peterson's are my favorite smokers by far. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
PipeLeisure

PipeLeisure

Registration date : 2011-08-28

PostSubject: Re: My humble Peterson collection   My humble Peterson collection EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 7:33 pm

WOW thats a nice Peterson collection you have there, I love the Peterson pipe rack as well.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PipeLeisure?feature=mhee
plumbernater

plumbernater

Registration date : 2011-02-26

PostSubject: Re: My humble Peterson collection   My humble Peterson collection EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 7:57 pm

I have a few but no where near as many as you. I smoke and enjoy all of mine as well. I really admire your collection. how long did it take you to get all those.
Back to top Go down

My humble Peterson collection
Page 1 of 1