HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Tuscaloosa tornado -- any BoB'ers affected?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LL

Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Tuscaloosa tornado -- any BoB'ers affected?   Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:52 pm

It was a bad one. Really bad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCbx7crVSG0
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gospelman

Registration date : 2007-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Tuscaloosa tornado -- any BoB'ers affected?   Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:00 am

Man, what a night! My prayers are with the families of those who were killed or injured. As of this morning, the death toll is over 170, with 128 people killed in Alabama alone.

Here in East Tennessee, there are reports of at least 8 deaths. We had a lot of rain, wind, and hail, and I think three confirmed tornado touchdowns. Lots of property damage.

Marble sized hail at my house. My 21 year old pickup truck, which lives in the driveway, didn't sustain any damage.

Mike
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ua_piper

Registration date : 2009-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Tuscaloosa tornado -- any BoB'ers affected?   Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:59 pm

A large portion of my mothers family as well as both my brother and sister are all in the Tuscaloosa area. Our house, where my brother and sister live, (students @ UofA), was hit in the first round a few weeks ago. My grandparents house was directly in the path of devastation yesterday, by some miracle the structure is still standing, but the house is a total loss. Thankfully they are ok and my brother was able to get to them yesterday and get them and their valuables out of the house. They had lived in that house for the last 60 years.

Unfortunately I'm already getting reports of looting happening in the rougher parts of Tuscaloosa, and my grandparents house was near some of those areas. Hopefully this is isolated and does not turn into a repeat of New Orleans/Katrina.

Thankfully all of my family and friends seem to have made it out ok, but we are far from knowing what the true death toll will be. Many of my friends barely missed being in the path and it is unbelievable just how close some of them came to be gone. Several friends came out of there safe spot to find the rest of their house/apartment missing. I can only hope that in the days to come God and the community can come together to bring order back to the area and help all of the people of Tuscaloosa and the rest of the areas affected.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sand18f

Registration date : 2011-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Tuscaloosa tornado -- any BoB'ers affected?   Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:47 am

Here in extreme NE Alabama, there's several deaths in the small mountian communities that the news media never go to.
My wife and I evacuated to Ft. Cambell, KY via the back roads. No fuel available...no electricity. TVA reactors had to shutdown. May be up by next Tuesday or Wed. Their trying to get power to Huntsville, Redstone Arsenal, NASA first...I don't think that it will be up by then...to many main transmission lines and towers down...miles and miles of towers and lines down that's not even mentioned by the news media. What happens when a class 5 hits a nuclear facility????????

Still a lot of missing folks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Tuscaloosa tornado -- any BoB'ers affected?   Mon May 02, 2011 4:06 am

Been without internet and cable since last Wed. and some folks won't have power till middle of the week I heard. Tried to go to Walmart a few minutes ago and they are still shut down. :^/
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Tuscaloosa tornado -- any BoB'ers affected?
Page 1 of 1