HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Perfect Friday

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MartinH

Registration date : 2011-01-04

PostSubject: Perfect Friday   Sun May 01, 2011 9:30 am

I wanted to share my one-hour slice of heaven with you. This past Friday, after a pretty stressful week, I decided to bring my pipe to work. Something I've only ever done once. My usual MO is to work through lunch, and try and go home a little early, but instead I took advantage of the 80 degree weather and walked to a neighboring park. I work at a local college, and we have some nice greenways near us. At any rate, once I passed the playing children, I found a gazebo, lit up and listened to some of my favorite opera arias. I love opera. Used to sing it for almost 20 years, now I just screetch at home. Smile LOL

With my trusty iPad in tow, I spent time enjoying a great bowl of Squadron Leader, in my cheapy, throw away pipe, listened to music, and intermittendly worked on some creative writing.

I simply cannot explain how that one, single hour, made my day and put me in a great mood. I found myself at the perfect intersection of beautiful weather, a nice breeze, enjoying good music and one of the best smoking experiences to date.

I have to be honest, I've had actual better smokes, in terms of heat and bite of the baccy, but the over all experience was sheer heaven.

I hope that all of you will get to have a day like this, especially at work.

Thank the universe for the good things in life, love, family, good food, good friends, beautiful days, and a lit pipe full of the good ol' leaf.

Sorry, guys. I had to share.

Martin
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.pipereviews.org

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Friday   Sun May 01, 2011 10:28 am

Amen ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Muddler

Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Friday   Sun May 01, 2011 10:36 am

Great post.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Natch

Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Friday   Sun May 01, 2011 11:52 am

You hit on my love as well. Love classical music (played horn for 13 years and almost made it my profession) but also love opera. I'm heading north for 10 days of canoeing and packing on Isle Royal N.P. and my Mp3 if filled with mostly classical music.

Natch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Friday   Sun May 01, 2011 12:00 pm

Natch wrote:
You hit on my love as well. Love classical music (played horn for 13 years and almost made it my profession) but also love opera. I'm heading north for 10 days of canoeing and packing on Isle Royal N.P. and my Mp3 if filled with mostly classical music.

Natch

Wow Natch, I had no idea you were a horn player!! Do you ever get it out these days?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Natch

Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Friday   Sun May 01, 2011 12:51 pm

Last time I got it out (well over a decade ago), oiled up the valves, brought it up to my lips, took a deep breath, and immediately my fingers recalled the Allegro from Mozart 3rd Horn Concerto. Unfortunately, someone had stuffed a miniature cow inside the bell and it sounded like she had just had her udder caught in a wood chipper! affraid

I shed a tear remembering what I once could do, put it away, and had several Manhattans to clear my mind of the horrible sound I had just created.

Natch
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Perfect Friday
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1