HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Any tips on how to smoke a MacArthur?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dillon

Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Any tips on how to smoke a MacArthur?   Wed May 11, 2011 3:46 am

Today I bought a bent MacArthur at a B&M and was wondering if anyone here has experience with MacArthurs and can tell me a little about, ah, how to smoke it? I'm really curious about how I can best pack, relight, and tamp it and clean out the dottle. Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shootist51

Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Any tips on how to smoke a MacArthur?   Wed May 11, 2011 7:48 am

I'm not too familiar with this pipe, but after looking it up on the MM web site, it looks like all you really need would be some 10" pipe cleaners, like those used for cleaning churchwardens and you'd be set.
As far as a tamper, a suitable length of dowel in the proper diameter would fit the bill nicely.

The actual smoking would not very from normal procedure.

Good Luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dillon

Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Any tips on how to smoke a MacArthur?   Wed May 11, 2011 11:10 pm

I don't think I have a dowel available per se, but I have flat-ended pens I could use, and a fully extended Czech tool will reach all the way to the bottom. I guess there really isn't an easy lighting solution for them--I'll just have to work on my rhythm and keeping a light.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dnemets

Registration date : 2011-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Any tips on how to smoke a MacArthur?   Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:00 pm

I had been running into some issues as well with mine as well... right up until the stem broke. Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Any tips on how to smoke a MacArthur?
Page 1 of 1