HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Hello from Cincinnati (soon to be Tampa)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
swingerofbirches

Registration date : 2011-05-11

PostSubject: Hello from Cincinnati (soon to be Tampa)   Wed May 11, 2011 8:58 am

Hello ...
I found my way here via Neill's blog, apassionforpipes.
Thanks to my grandpa I have a long running romance with pipes although I've only ever smoked a pipe once (and it was recently). I currently enjoy smoking cigars but am looking forward to digging around and learning more about the world of pipes.

It seems that this is the point where I'd give you gents a sense of what I like to smoke, what my favorite pipe is, etc ... but seeing as I define the term "green" I can't really do that. Smile
Not really sure what else to say ... other then that I currently live in Cincinnati but will be relocating to Tampa at the end of June (only mentioned to explain the thread title).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Cincinnati (soon to be Tampa)   Wed May 11, 2011 9:26 am

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shootist51

Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Cincinnati (soon to be Tampa)   Wed May 11, 2011 9:31 am

Welcome, pull up a stump and set a spell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ol'Dawg

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Cincinnati (soon to be Tampa)   Wed May 11, 2011 1:22 pm

Howdy and welcome to BoB!

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Metropolmodern

Registration date : 2011-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Cincinnati (soon to be Tampa)   Thu May 12, 2011 11:49 am

Welcome to BoB! You've come to the right place. Have you started a pipe & tobacco collection yet? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/metropolismodern
swingerofbirches

Registration date : 2011-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Cincinnati (soon to be Tampa)   Thu May 12, 2011 11:54 am

Not really ... I have one pipe (a wooden Lucienne) which was given to me a few months back by a friend for my 30th birthday. And the only little pouch of tobacco I have is a generic Black Cavendish.

I'm going to meet some fellow cigar smokers this weeknd for our bi-weekly herf but was thinking of stopping by a particular B&M (more like a pipe shop with a small humidor) and picking up a tin of Dunhill 965 as my first "pipe purchase".
I'd also thought of picking up a cob while I was in there just so I could smoke a full bowl or two of the 965 without having to worry about breaking the pipe in.

I'm open to any and all suggestions regarding which would be the best tobaccos to start out with ... Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Cincinnati (soon to be Tampa)   Thu May 12, 2011 12:37 pm

Hey, welcome! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
itsKot

Registration date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Cincinnati (soon to be Tampa)   Thu May 12, 2011 2:10 pm

Welcome aboard! I'd certainly pick up a cob or two if I was you and just start poking around to find out what you like, before long you'll find yourself in love with a pipe or tobacco. And that's just the beginning...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RealtorFrank

Registration date : 2010-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Cincinnati (soon to be Tampa)   Thu May 12, 2011 10:37 pm

Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.franksellsnashville.com/

Hello from Cincinnati (soon to be Tampa)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1