HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

I am a new member and I am formally checking in.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Headmint

Registration date : 2011-05-17

PostSubject: I am a new member and I am formally checking in.   Tue May 17, 2011 4:16 pm

Hello there.

Often when I search for information related to a tobacco, a discussion or two will pop up from Brothers of Briar. Today, I decided to join.

I've been smoking a pipe for, oh, maybe 4 or 5 years. I switched over to pipes after a brief stint in the ridiculous world of cigars. I am also a long-time user of Swedish snus, which is perfect for those non-smoking situations. Such situations are, of course, multiplying exponentially these days.

I write for a living and used to be a chef. I've also managed a gas station. I'm a tea snob and drink a lot of beer and listen to punk rock and classical music and shave my head bald once a week. I'm married and have one child, a son who is about to turn 18.

I chose Headmint as my username because I thought it sounded funny. My real name's Mike.

Currently finishing up a morning bowl of Peretti's 333.

Nice to meet you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://early-onset-of-night.tumblr.com
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: I am a new member and I am formally checking in.   Tue May 17, 2011 5:09 pm

Hey man, welcome! You wouldnīt happen to be snussing "General" would you? Thatīs a popular Svesk snus. I remember my cousins sent me some of that a long time ago.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RealtorFrank

Registration date : 2010-11-22

PostSubject: Re: I am a new member and I am formally checking in.   Tue May 17, 2011 5:21 pm

Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.franksellsnashville.com/
DocRx

Registration date : 2010-12-25

PostSubject: Re: I am a new member and I am formally checking in.   Tue May 17, 2011 6:22 pm

Welcome Mike!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flytyer

Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: I am a new member and I am formally checking in.   Tue May 17, 2011 9:36 pm

Welcome to BoB Mike.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: I am a new member and I am formally checking in.   Wed May 18, 2011 2:26 am

Welcome! The "ridiculous world of cigars", I like that!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Headmint

Registration date : 2011-05-17

PostSubject: Re: I am a new member and I am formally checking in.   Wed May 18, 2011 2:44 am

Thanks for the welcome, guys.

@MisterE: Indeed! General is one of my favorites. Also enjoy Ettan and Grov....Gotlandssnus for those weird moods.

@Harlock999: Cigars are terribly overpriced, in my opinion. Ridiculously so Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://early-onset-of-night.tumblr.com
StatHaldol

Registration date : 2011-04-22

PostSubject: Re: I am a new member and I am formally checking in.   Wed May 18, 2011 2:53 am

Hi Mike! Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ol'Dawg

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: I am a new member and I am formally checking in.   Wed May 18, 2011 4:45 am

Howdy and welcome to BoB!

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buddy Springman

Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: I am a new member and I am formally checking in.   Wed May 18, 2011 9:53 am

Welcome to the group. Come back often!

Unfortunately, the only snus I have access to are those made in the U.S. - not even close. Crying or Very sad

Buddy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: I am a new member and I am formally checking in.   Wed May 18, 2011 1:27 pm

Headmint wrote:
Thanks for the welcome, guys.

@MisterE: Indeed! General is one of my favorites. Also enjoy Ettan and Grov....Gotlandssnus for those weird moods.

@Harlock999: Cigars are terribly overpriced, in my opinion. Ridiculously so Smile

We are in total agreement!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: I am a new member and I am formally checking in.   Wed May 18, 2011 10:19 pm

Greetings Mike from another new member. BoB is a great place to hang out.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
dbreazeale

Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: I am a new member and I am formally checking in.   Thu May 19, 2011 1:11 am

Hello and Welcome!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hobie1dog

Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: I am a new member and I am formally checking in.   Thu May 19, 2011 1:27 pm

Welcome Mike, and thanks for the great introduction. I wish everyone did such an informative first post.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
latakiahaze

Registration date : 2011-04-23

PostSubject: Re: I am a new member and I am formally checking in.   Fri May 20, 2011 8:46 am

Welcome! General snus white portion is fantastic stuff, but unfortunately they've stopped shipping it to the UK as from a few weeks ago. I am bereft as have been snussing (?) for many years Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sand18f

Registration date : 2011-01-18

PostSubject: Re: I am a new member and I am formally checking in.   Wed May 25, 2011 2:31 am

Welcome to the BoB. I agree about the cigars. I broke that habit several years ago. I have about two hundred of 'em turning to dust. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile

I am a new member and I am formally checking in.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1