HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
 

 BOLO: Pipe Stolen at Chicago Show

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Doc Manhattan

Doc Manhattan

Age : 41
Location : Land of Steady Habits
Registration date : 2008-05-26

BOLO: Pipe Stolen at Chicago Show Empty
PostSubject: BOLO: Pipe Stolen at Chicago Show   BOLO: Pipe Stolen at Chicago Show EmptyFri May 20, 2011 10:36 pm

Saw this over on A Passion for Pipes and thought a rebroadcast was in order:
http://www.apassionforpipes.com/neills-blog/2011/5/20/help-track-down-a-stolen-pipe.html

The short version: J. Alan pipe, stamped with #540 11 and maker's mark, stolen at Chicago show. Sandblast freehand (acorn-ish bowl), butterscotch tan color (which could be changed before attempt to resell.)

Keep an eye out, won't you?
Back to top Go down
http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
MisterE
Moderator
MisterE

Location : Mexico City
Registration date : 2009-08-24

BOLO: Pipe Stolen at Chicago Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOLO: Pipe Stolen at Chicago Show   BOLO: Pipe Stolen at Chicago Show EmptyFri May 20, 2011 11:08 pm

Man, that´s low. Suspect

I can´t imagine a pipe acquired in such a manner could bring much pleasure to the "new owner".
Back to top Go down
onabullit

onabullit

Age : 38
Location : Austin TX
Registration date : 2010-11-20

BOLO: Pipe Stolen at Chicago Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOLO: Pipe Stolen at Chicago Show   BOLO: Pipe Stolen at Chicago Show EmptySat May 21, 2011 12:48 am

I wouldn't think pipe smokers would be the type for that kind of brazen jack move. I'm going to go out on a limb and say maybe the dude just lost/misplaced it. I know after I have a couple bowls and a few scotches in me I tend to be more lackadaisical about the security of my belongings, especially among those considered friends. I would think that anybody who has the time, money, and interest to attend the Chicago show is probably not the type to swipe an easily identifiable pipe. May that pipe give every tobacco pure Fart stench upon lighting, searing tongue bite, and burn to a charcoal black

On any note if you see a guy smoking this pipe, tamp him to death
Back to top Go down
Doc Manhattan

Doc Manhattan

Age : 41
Location : Land of Steady Habits
Registration date : 2008-05-26

BOLO: Pipe Stolen at Chicago Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOLO: Pipe Stolen at Chicago Show   BOLO: Pipe Stolen at Chicago Show EmptySun May 22, 2011 2:04 pm

Happy end to this incident: one of the owner's friends had accidentally put the pipe in his own bag when leaving the smoking tent. An honest mistake; the integrity the Brotherhood of pipe smokers (and the hotel staff) remains intact.

It's safe and will be returned. Good news.
Back to top Go down
http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
Hermit

Hermit

Age : 67
Location : Ascension Parish
Registration date : 2008-04-22

BOLO: Pipe Stolen at Chicago Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOLO: Pipe Stolen at Chicago Show   BOLO: Pipe Stolen at Chicago Show EmptySun May 22, 2011 2:41 pm

Doc Manhattan wrote:
Happy end to this incident: one of the owner's friends had accidentally put the pipe in his own bag when leaving the smoking tent. An honest mistake; the integrity the Brotherhood of pipe smokers (and the hotel staff) remains intact.

It's safe and will be returned. Good news.


Shit...now you tell me.
I already waterboarded three guys.
Back to top Go down
Doc Manhattan

Doc Manhattan

Age : 41
Location : Land of Steady Habits
Registration date : 2008-05-26

BOLO: Pipe Stolen at Chicago Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOLO: Pipe Stolen at Chicago Show   BOLO: Pipe Stolen at Chicago Show EmptySun May 22, 2011 2:49 pm

Hermit wrote:
Shit...now you tell me.
I already waterboarded three guys.
lol!
Hermit: half Jack Howell, half Jack Bauer.
Back to top Go down
http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
daveinlax

daveinlax

Location : Wisconsin
Registration date : 2007-12-28

BOLO: Pipe Stolen at Chicago Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOLO: Pipe Stolen at Chicago Show   BOLO: Pipe Stolen at Chicago Show EmptySun May 22, 2011 5:50 pm

Good News! The pipe was found! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Harlock999

Harlock999

Location : Los Angeles
Registration date : 2010-10-22

BOLO: Pipe Stolen at Chicago Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOLO: Pipe Stolen at Chicago Show   BOLO: Pipe Stolen at Chicago Show EmptyMon May 23, 2011 12:11 am

Good, now they can call off the Tamper Alert!

I know, it's really stretching it... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
jhuggett
BoB's Pioneer & Founding Father
jhuggett

Age : 48
Location : Olympia, WA
Registration date : 2007-12-09

BOLO: Pipe Stolen at Chicago Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOLO: Pipe Stolen at Chicago Show   BOLO: Pipe Stolen at Chicago Show EmptyMon May 23, 2011 1:28 pm

lol! Now that was funny Hermit!

_________________
Jason
Back to top Go down
http://www.brothersofbriar.com
Boxerbuddy

Boxerbuddy

Location : Boston, Massachusetts
Registration date : 2011-10-06

BOLO: Pipe Stolen at Chicago Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOLO: Pipe Stolen at Chicago Show   BOLO: Pipe Stolen at Chicago Show EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 1:35 am

onabullit wrote:
I wouldn't think pipe smokers would be the type for that kind of brazen jack move. I'm going to go out on a limb and say maybe the dude just lost/misplaced it. I know after I have a couple bowls and a few scotches in me I tend to be more lackadaisical about the security of my belongings, especially among those considered friends. I would think that anybody who has the time, money, and interest to attend the Chicago show is probably not the type to swipe an easily identifiable pipe. May that pipe give every tobacco pure Fart stench upon lighting, searing tongue bite, and burn to a charcoal black

On any note if you see a guy smoking this pipe, tamp him to death

yeah I know this is old but I laughed out loud at the fart thing and tamping someone to death.
Back to top Go down
 
BOLO: Pipe Stolen at Chicago Show
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» [20120122] Xiao Zhu at STAGE shop in Ximen at CNY

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: Community In Action-
Jump to: