HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Addition - Two Estate Caminetto Business

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jacko

jacko

Registration date : 2010-07-20

New Addition - Two Estate Caminetto Business Empty
PostSubject: New Addition - Two Estate Caminetto Business   New Addition - Two Estate Caminetto Business EmptyTue May 24, 2011 3:02 pm

Hi Folks

Wanted to post two of my latest additions. From my limited understanding of Caminetto Gold 'stache' is they go back to the '70s from the Ascorti/Radice era. Considering the vintage both pipes are in excellent condition. I'm guessing not most folks cup of tea but interesting non the less.

New Addition - Two Estate Caminetto Business Pipes2011011
Back to top Go down
http://www.torontopipeclub.ca/
docwatson

docwatson

Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: New Addition - Two Estate Caminetto Business   New Addition - Two Estate Caminetto Business EmptyTue May 24, 2011 4:59 pm

You guessed wrong, my friend. Caminetto pipes are some of the finest smoking pipes ever made, especially the older ones that you are fortunate to own. Sweet smoking, dry, and collectible also. Enjoy them to the fullest. congrats on a fine choice.
cheers
Doc
Back to top Go down
Puff Daddy
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: New Addition - Two Estate Caminetto Business   New Addition - Two Estate Caminetto Business EmptyTue May 24, 2011 6:54 pm

Nabbing one of those still ranks high on my wish list. Plenty of guys still interested. Very Happy

Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: New Addition - Two Estate Caminetto Business   New Addition - Two Estate Caminetto Business EmptyTue May 24, 2011 9:23 pm

Cool, thanks for posting!
Back to top Go down
LL

LL

Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: New Addition - Two Estate Caminetto Business   New Addition - Two Estate Caminetto Business EmptyTue May 24, 2011 9:30 pm

Ah... 70's-era Caminettos. Quirky styling, funky stems, and sublime wood. Some of the lightest, driest-smoking briar ever sold (and no one knows quite how they did it).

Enjoy! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Confidence Cohen

Confidence Cohen

Registration date : 2008-09-18

PostSubject: Re: New Addition - Two Estate Caminetto Business   New Addition - Two Estate Caminetto Business EmptyWed May 25, 2011 9:42 am

I have an antique store that has about 4-5 of these for about 70-100 bucks a piece. 1970's. Could use some cleaning, but are they worth it? The owner of the store LOVES THEM.
Back to top Go down
docwatson

docwatson

Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: New Addition - Two Estate Caminetto Business   New Addition - Two Estate Caminetto Business EmptyWed May 25, 2011 7:53 pm

You must be near Athens, and Charles Stewart's antique shop!!!
He happens to be a very knowledgeable and astute collector. He's a wealth of knowledge and won't steer you wrong. I see him at most big pipe shows and the going price for older Cams is exactly the price you mentioned.
Doc
Back to top Go down
jacko

jacko

Registration date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: Re: New Addition - Two Estate Caminetto Business   New Addition - Two Estate Caminetto Business EmptyThu May 26, 2011 10:20 am

I picked mine up for about $120 ech fully cleaned and restored so I would think $70 - $100 sounds about right. I’m fortunate in that I prefer rusticated and sandblast over a straight grain. Although I can appreciate seeing a nicely finished grain, there is just something about a rusticated or blasted pipe and the skill required to make it flow that I admire. The darker finished pipe on the right of the picture is a very curious panel design and the contrast with the ivory stem makes it quite striking.
Back to top Go down
http://www.torontopipeclub.ca/
Harlock999

Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: New Addition - Two Estate Caminetto Business   New Addition - Two Estate Caminetto Business EmptySat May 28, 2011 9:46 am

Estate Caminetto on EBAY...
http://cgi.ebay.com/Caminetto-Business-Early-Tobacco-Italian-Estate-Pipe-/260790624959?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb85522bf
Back to top Go down
dshpipes

dshpipes

Registration date : 2011-03-06

PostSubject: Re: New Addition - Two Estate Caminetto Business   New Addition - Two Estate Caminetto Business EmptySat May 28, 2011 4:55 pm

I have an old Caminetto Business from the late '70s that I obtained unsmoked. Now it's a broken in beauty and ranks up there with my other high ends. Those '70s Caminettos are definitely great smokers. Good buy!
Back to top Go down
http://www.dshpipes.com
Zeno Marx

Zeno Marx

Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: New Addition - Two Estate Caminetto Business   New Addition - Two Estate Caminetto Business EmptySat May 28, 2011 5:54 pm

The shape on the right is one of my favorites. Both are sharp pipes. Guaranteed pleasure.
Back to top Go down

New Addition - Two Estate Caminetto Business
Page 1 of 1