HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

My almost famous video on wimp.com

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Natch

Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: My almost famous video on wimp.com   Fri May 27, 2011 6:10 pm

I reffed this high school soccer game earlier this month and we had the weirdest play I've ever been involved with. I was the near-side line ref, (AR2 in ref lingo) so I'm just out of the frame near the end-line. After the goal, the center ref looked at me with that look of "what the hell just happened and was it legal?" and I looked back with my best "damned if I know!" look. The home coach just about exploded and thought it was illegal, the far-side line ref, AR1, had been told by the visiting coach to "watch this trick play", so it was obviously planned.

http://www.wimp.com/misdirectiongoal/

If you don't know soccer rules, there are phrases about "trickery" and "unsportsmanlike", but the staged collision was not by the player taking the direct kick and the player he passed to was on sides (just barely, but it's my job to watch that). Notice how well timed the collision is, not just a fake bump, but a real collision that had everyone fooled. Well, at least the opposing team and the reffs!

By the by, I centered the girls game just before this one, and those girls went on to take State last week, (my daughters old team).

Natch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: My almost famous video on wimp.com   Fri May 27, 2011 6:23 pm

Thatīs pretty cool. I donīt know if you could do something like that in FIFA but it is pretty innovative!

I watched it before I read the rest of your post so I athough it was real too....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: My almost famous video on wimp.com   Fri May 27, 2011 8:55 pm

Not something they can use very often.

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: My almost famous video on wimp.com   Fri May 27, 2011 9:52 pm

MisterE wrote:
Thatīs pretty cool. I donīt know if you could do something like that in FIFA but it is pretty innovative!

I watched it before I read the rest of your post so I athough it was real too....

Anything goes in FIFA, as long as there is plenty of under the table money involved!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Natch

PostSubject: Re: My almost famous video on wimp.com   Fri May 27, 2011 10:03 pm

We, like most/all high schools in the U.S., use USSF rules. Quite similar to FIFA, but geared for student's and school concerns. Differences are minor, except for how physically rough they are allowed to become.

Natch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: My almost famous video on wimp.com   Fri May 27, 2011 11:31 pm

Harlock999 wrote:
MisterE wrote:

Anything goes in FIFA, as long as there is plenty of under the table money involved!

Is FIFA a corrupt organization? I donīt follow futbol closely but it wouldnīt surprise me. Soccer is BIG business worldwide. I know the Mexican League is about as honest as the Narco trade...

I played soccer all the way through HS, but never became a fan of watching it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

PostSubject: Re: My almost famous video on wimp.com   Sat May 28, 2011 8:21 am

MisterE wrote:
Harlock999 wrote:

Is FIFA a corrupt organization? I donīt follow futbol closely but it wouldnīt surprise me. Soccer is BIG business worldwide. I know the Mexican League is about as honest as the Narco trade...

I played soccer all the way through HS, but never became a fan of watching it.

Well, there is an unfolding bribery scandal concerning the awarding of the 2022 World Cup to Qatar, a country that barely even recognizes soccer, as well as investigations into the current FIFA boss, and his rival for the position. There is talk that UEFA, the governing body of European pro soccer, may take steps against releasing it's players for international FIFA matches in the future, citing FIFA's complete lack of integrity as a chief reason. The powers that be in club soccer have always grudgingly given into FIFA's demands, which puts their HIGHLY compensated players at risk for injuries, playing in mostly meaningless "friendly" international matches. Actually, the list of problems at FIFA is quite long, not unlike the complaints against the International Olympic Committee.

Sorry to jack this thread...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doc Manhattan

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: My almost famous video on wimp.com   Sat May 28, 2011 8:32 am

FIFA is Divine-Right-if-Kings corrupt... they don't even have to make any effort to cover it up or be subtle. They have the property everyone wants a piece of. Just because there's only one pimp in the entire world doesn't mean it ain't prostitution.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
Harlock999

PostSubject: Re: My almost famous video on wimp.com   Sat May 28, 2011 9:18 am

Doc Manhattan wrote:
FIFA is Divine-Right-if-Kings corrupt... they don't even have to make any effort to cover it up or be subtle. They have the property everyone wants a piece of. Just because there's only one pimp in the entire world doesn't mean it ain't prostitution.

So true!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mark
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: My almost famous video on wimp.com   Sat May 28, 2011 11:44 am

Well anyway Natch, it must be kind of cool to be involved in a controversial play which may be the topic of conversation for years to come,,,, Very Happy

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Natch

PostSubject: Re: My almost famous video on wimp.com   Sat May 28, 2011 8:31 pm

Yes, that giving the Cup to Qatar was a shock to everyone except the few, very well appointed Qatar government officials in the crowd. They have a myriad of problems they need to resolve. They make the International Olympic Committee look honest!

Fortunately, for club play from U8 rec. up through U19 classic, and high school, FIFA is pretty much a non-entity.

Natch
Back to top Go down
View user profile

My almost famous video on wimp.com
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1