HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Share
 

 Noske Pot

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Schacht

Schacht

Age : 49
Location : Berlin. Germany
Registration date : 2011-06-16

Noske Pot Empty
PostSubject: Noske Pot   Noske Pot EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 4:37 am

This is one of my favourite Smokers. Unless it´s a smaller pipe (only 28 grams), it stays cool and has a very nice flavour. It was my first Noske-Pipe, a surprise to me at the time.

Noske Pot _SCH1753_web


Noske Pot _SCH1752_web


Noske Pot _SCH1755_web


Noske Pot _SCH1754_web


Noske Pot _SCH1757_web

Nontheless Noske always refused to apply any gradings to his pipes, some know-it-all-pipe-trader subsequently stamped a "D" into the stem. Not that it bothers me at all, but Noske seemed to be pretty angry about it, when he saw that last pic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thiloschacht.de/Schachttoene_Studiobilder/index.html
Harlock999

Harlock999

Location : Los Angeles
Registration date : 2010-10-22

Noske Pot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noske Pot   Noske Pot EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 9:05 am

These photos are beautiful! The lighting is perfect (and the pipe is very nice too!). I have not heard of this carver.
Welcome, and thank you for posting!
Back to top Go down
hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Age : 63
Registration date : 2010-06-21

Noske Pot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noske Pot   Noske Pot EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 9:41 am

Great photos...thanks
Back to top Go down
klbxmiller

klbxmiller

Age : 39
Location : Indiana
Registration date : 2011-05-24

Noske Pot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noske Pot   Noske Pot EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 2:32 pm

Awesome pipe... i love the grain and the shape, it's got nice clean lines and simple.... 2 Thumbs up!!!
Back to top Go down
Schacht

Schacht

Age : 49
Location : Berlin. Germany
Registration date : 2011-06-16

Noske Pot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noske Pot   Noske Pot EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 5:50 am

Thanks a lot for the kind comments. I´m really happy when someone likes the photos.

Of Course- by taking a look at some of the pipes shown in here, I assumed there must be some people who do appreciate the essential shapes, and quality in craftsmanship.

Thats really marvelous to me, because here, where I live, those simple qualities aren´t appreciated that much at the time. Many freehand-carvers are trying to gain the attention of an audience, that seems to focus on making an outstanding bargain instead of quality, by creating sometimes almost ridiculous ornaments on shapes, that I find implausible.

So, thanks as well for showing all your Billards, Pokers, Bulldogs and so on - watching them is really a pleasure to me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thiloschacht.de/Schachttoene_Studiobilder/index.html
Harlock999

Harlock999

Location : Los Angeles
Registration date : 2010-10-22

Noske Pot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noske Pot   Noske Pot EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 10:17 am

Schacht wrote:
Thanks a lot for the kind comments. I´m really happy when someone likes the photos.

Of Course- by taking a look at some of the pipes shown in here, I assumed there must be some people who do appreciate the essential shapes, and quality in craftsmanship.

Thats really marvelous to me, because here, where I live, those simple qualities aren´t appreciated that much at the time. Many freehand-carvers are trying to gain the attention of an audience, that seems to focus on making an outstanding bargain instead of quality, by creating sometimes almost ridiculous ornaments on shapes, that I find implausible.

So, thanks as well for showing all your Billards, Pokers, Bulldogs and so on - watching them is really a pleasure to me.

I agree with you completely!
To me, a perfectly executed bulldog or billiard is much more satisfying than an outlandish "art" pipe. While I believe those artistic creations can certainly be impressive and definitely have their place in the pipe world, I tend to compare them with some of the unique designs that can often be seen at fashion shows. Clothing that looks unwearable and pipes that seem unsmokable seem to share something in common, at least for me. That they are showcases for an artist's talent is undeniable, but I'm much happier looking at pieces that represent extremely well crafted simplicity. Luckily for us, it's a big world, and we can all find our own happiness. Wearing my Levi's jeans and Adidas, and smoking a nice pipe make me happy!
Back to top Go down
Schacht

Schacht

Age : 49
Location : Berlin. Germany
Registration date : 2011-06-16

Noske Pot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noske Pot   Noske Pot EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 11:01 am

Yes, Harlock999,

that´s all about style and good taste. Otherwise there are some carvers who combine an unique style, and plausible innovations. Some got it - and others are still trying.

Unfortunately for me, the usual closefistedness here in Germany has created an inconvenient situation for some of us. Several great companies and famous carvers deliver their best pieces for instance to the Netherlands, UK, France, Italy, Russia (of course), and first of all the US. Possibly that´s why it´s not that easy to get a really nice Dunhill, or one of the truly spectacular Castellos at the local Pipe-Store*. It took me about one year to find the last Dunhill I bought - but it was worth the trouble and I´m really happy with it.

*But I must say, over all there are more pipes on the market than ever, most of them mediocre quality and many carvers are moaning about the situation behind closed doors.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thiloschacht.de/Schachttoene_Studiobilder/index.html
Harlock999

Harlock999

Location : Los Angeles
Registration date : 2010-10-22

Noske Pot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noske Pot   Noske Pot EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 11:25 am

Schacht wrote:
Yes, Harlock999,

that´s all about style and good taste. Otherwise there are some carvers who combine an unique style, and plausible innovations. Some got it - and others are still trying.

Unfortunately for me, the usual closefistedness here in Germany has created an inconvenient situation for some of us. Several great companies and famous carvers deliver their best pieces for instance to the Netherlands, UK, France, Italy, Russia (of course), and first of all the US. Possibly that´s why it´s not that easy to get a really nice Dunhill, or one of the truly spectacular Castellos at the local Pipe-Store*. It took me about one year to find the last Dunhill I bought - but it was worth the trouble and I´m really happy with it.

*But I must say, over all there are more pipes on the market than ever, most of them mediocre quality and many carvers are moaning about the situation behind closed doors.

You may have to add China to the list soon, as I've heard that that is a fast growing market, and some carvers are already directing their products over there. If Castellos are not readily available in Germany, to me, it sounds like a very good excuse to take a holiday in Italy... Cool
Back to top Go down
Schacht

Schacht

Age : 49
Location : Berlin. Germany
Registration date : 2011-06-16

Noske Pot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noske Pot   Noske Pot EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 12:08 pm

Absolutely right. It´s a littel more than 600 Miles to the Lake Como from here. It´s a shame that I didn´t visit Cantù so far…
Back to top Go down
http://www.thiloschacht.de/Schachttoene_Studiobilder/index.html
Harlock999

Harlock999

Location : Los Angeles
Registration date : 2010-10-22

Noske Pot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noske Pot   Noske Pot EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 12:10 pm

Schacht wrote:
Absolutely right. It´s a littel more than 600 Miles to the Lake Como from here. It´s a shame that I didn´t visit Cantù so far…

I would stop in Bozen for a nice meal and some rest in the mountains!
Back to top Go down
Schacht

Schacht

Age : 49
Location : Berlin. Germany
Registration date : 2011-06-16

Noske Pot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noske Pot   Noske Pot EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 12:49 pm

Absolutely! This would be literally a gourmet tour - Bozen and than a nice turn to visit Udine (great gammon, unbelievable Tokaji-wine), Brescia (got some friends there) and I´m sure my wife wants to visit Milano (everyone can imagine, what a woman wants in Milano).
It will be a decision, that has to be quite carfully considered, if she get´s to Milano before or after we visited Cantù.

Thanks, thanks, thanks - for your reasonable excitation. I really think I´ll find a couple of days to make that little trip this autumn.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thiloschacht.de/Schachttoene_Studiobilder/index.html
Harlock999

Harlock999

Location : Los Angeles
Registration date : 2010-10-22

Noske Pot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noske Pot   Noske Pot EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 12:05 am

Schacht wrote:
Absolutely! This would be literally a gourmet tour - Bozen and than a nice turn to visit Udine (great gammon, unbelievable Tokaji-wine), Brescia (got some friends there) and I´m sure my wife wants to visit Milano (everyone can imagine, what a woman wants in Milano).
It will be a decision, that has to be quite carfully considered, if she get´s to Milano before or after we visited Cantù.

Thanks, thanks, thanks - for your reasonable excitation. I really think I´ll find a couple of days to make that little trip this autumn.

That's making me hungry just thinking about it! Sounds like it would be an excellent trip, you'll just need extra Euros for Milano. This is off the subject, but one of my most fondly remembered meals was in Germany on a cold, rainy day. I was traveling with a band of questionable integrity, and I was feeling a little miserable, and we stopped for food at a roadside restaurant. Wet with rain, everything on the menu looked good, but I ordered a bowl of goulash, and it was the heartiest, most satisfying thing I could have had at that moment. Spicy and hot, it really lifted my spirits!
Back to top Go down
Schacht

Schacht

Age : 49
Location : Berlin. Germany
Registration date : 2011-06-16

Noske Pot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noske Pot   Noske Pot EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 8:54 am

Harlock999 wrote:
[…] I was traveling with a band of questionable integrity, and I was feeling a little miserable […]
Let me guess - you´re a musician too? BoB really seems to be a great place. Apparently we´re sharing some professional experiences. I (originally studied drums and percussion) stopped touring and quitted working with Bands overall about a decade ago. Life is considerably easier since I´m working as a composer.

And while I remember all the disasters travelling with a band can provoke, the "taking-my-wife-to-milano-situation" seems to be such a picnic - goodness, she´s got her own credit card and compared to a group of musicians, every woman in the world appears to be rational.

Today, I love practically all my colleagues, and if something should get difficult - smoking some Night Cap helps a lot.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thiloschacht.de/Schachttoene_Studiobilder/index.html
Harlock999

Harlock999

Location : Los Angeles
Registration date : 2010-10-22

Noske Pot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noske Pot   Noske Pot EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 11:39 am

Yes, I play guitar, although back then, I was primarily a bassist. I did a few tours of Europe, and even made it to Greece and Israel before deciding that that life was not for me. I still play, but infrequently. In fact, I'm off to rehearsal in a couple hours. If I can convince my band mates to join my fledgling pipe club, I can combine both of my hobbies!
Back to top Go down
MisterE
Moderator
MisterE

Location : Mexico City
Registration date : 2009-08-24

Noske Pot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noske Pot   Noske Pot EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 11:48 am

Most of my colleagues are non smokers so I´m outside on breaks. Seems like we have a growing group of piping musicians here!

cheers
Back to top Go down
Harlock999

Harlock999

Location : Los Angeles
Registration date : 2010-10-22

Noske Pot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noske Pot   Noske Pot EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 11:49 am

MisterE wrote:
Most of my colleagues are non smokers so I´m outside on breaks. Seems like we have a growing group of piping musicians here!

cheers

Need to get a jam session going! cheers
Back to top Go down
Schacht

Schacht

Age : 49
Location : Berlin. Germany
Registration date : 2011-06-16

Noske Pot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noske Pot   Noske Pot EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 11:58 am

MisterE wrote:
Most of my colleagues are non smokers […]
Same here - everybody is so heathy, it´s scaring me.
Harlock999 wrote:
Need to get a jam session going! […]
I hope to hear you guys playing. Are there some recordings you´d like to share? Maybe, we all should present something in the Music-Hall.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thiloschacht.de/Schachttoene_Studiobilder/index.html
Airborne



Registration date : 2011-07-06

Noske Pot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noske Pot   Noske Pot EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 10:37 am

Yes, a very beautiful pipe. One of my favorite standard shapes as well.
Back to top Go down
 
Noske Pot
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Photo Gallery-
Jump to: