HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Suprise and Dr. Grabow

Go down 
AuthorMessage
momus

Registration date : 2010-12-12

PostSubject: Suprise and Dr. Grabow   Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:00 am

Well I just finished discussing my broken stem on my Sav Tortuga on djf1's post and it got me thinking about the dimensions. Took out a Grabow Grand Duke (only the grandest!) and took off the stem and realized it fits into the Sav very very well. I love that little billiard (although it is a pain to clean...stupid air-hole isn't centered---but it smokes easy peezy) and so I'm pretty pumped I found an easy fix.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
djf1

Registration date : 2011-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Suprise and Dr. Grabow   Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:24 am

LOL... I'm glad I was able to help! Consequently I have a very loose stem on my only Sav which I have smoked so much and still like it, so I may try your trick from another pipe!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.sandmanhotels.ca
momus

Registration date : 2010-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Suprise and Dr. Grabow   Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:30 am

Yes, thank you for the post! Now I just need to get some extra Grabow stems...its not like those new ones were built to last. And with the Sav I gotta take it apart every smoke cuz of the air-hole alignment so I can run a cleaner through it--just a matter of time before that cheap thing breaks. Heck, when I bought the Sav it had a different Sav stem on it then the one it was supposed to. I went to the Dr. Grabow site but no info about buying replacement stems. They gotta sell them somewhere....
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Suprise and Dr. Grabow
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: Pipe Techniques-
Jump to: