HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Your first pipe: what, when and where?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
gospelman

Registration date : 2007-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Your first pipe: what, when and where?   Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:39 am

After thinking about it for a long time, back in the mid 70's I ventured into the Clock and Pipe Gallery in West Town Mall and bought a no-name basket pipe. I didn't know anything about tobacco, so the clerk put me on some Captain Black (white pouch).

I still have the pipe, it's in regular rotation, and is a fine smoker. I haven't spent time with the Captain in some time, however.

Mike
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eric

Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Your first pipe: what, when and where?   Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:40 pm

Very first pipe was purchased at 17 years of age. A Dr. Grabow Billiard. Socially speaking, pipe smoking just didn't work, for me, at that age.

The first pipe I really stuck with was a Stanwell Colonial Bent Egg (185). Still have it, and its still one of the best 'in the hand' feel pipes that I have. Probably the best birdseye grain pipe I own.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LV9

Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Your first pipe: what, when and where?   Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:48 am

Summer of 2005 in the Edwards store located in Tampa a house bent brandy and the blend was house blend call Sweet Vanilla.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Your first pipe: what, when and where?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2