HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Wingenroth's PA Shop - A+++

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Wingenroth's PA Shop - A+++   Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:18 pm

I saw Wingenroth's shop in Lebanon PA mentioned on another thread and stopped by today for a visit. Wow, this place is the perfect pipe shop. The owner, Mel, is fantastic and made me feel like an old friend. He has a ton of new and estate pipes. I see my upcoming 50th birthday pipe coming from his shop.
The selection of tins is the best I've seen and I didn't even get to look at his blends, the tins were so overwhelming. Mel encouraged me to try some of his open tins, which was great, as I am not very experienced in tins. A customer even gave me some Frog Morton to take home (forgot which!). I brought home some Solani "Burley Flake" and CAO "Cherrybomb" at his recommendation. The Cherry Bomb gets tried in my Pete Killarney this evening and I'm saving the Solani for my meerschaum which is enroute. I really like the C&D Burley he had for sampling but was out of stock.
Mel also gave me a tour of his personal pipe collection, which was over 100 pipes. I was able to hold and examine some makes that my budget would not currently allow.
I'll definitely stop by here on a regular basis. In all, a great visit, I highly recommend this shop if you are in PA.
Here's his tin selection, from his Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1123899076684&set=o.270258541253&type=1&theater
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Airborne

Registration date : 2011-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Wingenroth's PA Shop - A+++   Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:37 pm

Thanks for the heads-up, Riff Raff. I'm driving from Montreal to Minneapolis in a few days. I can take 81 south to Lebanon and then drive west from there. Not too far out of the way. Seeing a good pipe shop is worth the extra drive time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Wingenroth's PA Shop - A+++   Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:33 pm

Airborne wrote:
Thanks for the heads-up, Riff Raff. I'm driving from Montreal to Minneapolis in a few days. I can take 81 south to Lebanon and then drive west from there. Not too far out of the way. Seeing a good pipe shop is worth the extra drive time.
Take some cash - he had some nice looking Dunhill billiard estate pipes in the $50-$70 range. In fact most of his estates were right around $50. JM Boswell is about an hour down I-81 South, if you are in that neck of the woods (Chambersburg PA). It's also worthy of a stop.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frost

Registration date : 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Wingenroth's PA Shop - A+++   Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:08 pm

Very nice! Haven't heard of this one before...thanks for the heads up. Looks to be about an hour and a half away from me, but the selection of tobacco would certainly make it worth the drive. I'll have to try to schedule a trip soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Wingenroth's PA Shop - A+++
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1