HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

This is a fascinating story on so many levels

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bub

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: This is a fascinating story on so many levels   Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:00 pm

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/19/us/19questions.html?ref=todayspaper
-what hatred does to someone.
-not really knowing someone who you think is an enemy.
-what people without medical insurance have to endure.
-forgiving someone who severely injures you and drastically changes your life.
I am sure there are more
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frost

Registration date : 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: This is a fascinating story on so many levels   Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:56 pm

Very fascinating story. Almost unfathomable from every angle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Preacher

Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: This is a fascinating story on so many levels   Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:18 pm

One of the things that folks need to start doing if defining "enemy". An entire race or culture should never be held accountable for the actions a a few folks. When I was in the Navy (basic training), there as a guy in my boot camp company that had something against me and rest of the African-Americans in the company. I once had a chance to sit down and ask him what the problem was. He told me that he didn't like N----rs. A little probing and I found out that his father had been killed by a drunk driver who was African-American, so he hated all of us. He developed a hatred for an entire race of people based on the irresponsible actions of one. The real enemies on Sept.11 were the terrorist and their support structure, not every Muslim in the world. I'm a black man and have had my share of problems from white people, but I would never decided to hate all white people based on the actions of a few.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: This is a fascinating story on so many levels   Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:17 am

Another angle, a very stupid man who used a national tragedy as an excuse to kill people based on how they look is about to die, and it's the only justified death in this whole story.

Airborne

Registration date : 2011-07-06

PostSubject: Re: This is a fascinating story on so many levels   Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:40 pm

Puff Daddy wrote:
Another angle, a very stupid man who used a national tragedy as an excuse to kill people based on how they look is about to die, and it's the only justified death in this whole story.

Ditto.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

This is a fascinating story on so many levels
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: