HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My only Savinelli…

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Schacht

Schacht

Registration date : 2011-06-16

My only Savinelli… Empty
PostSubject: My only Savinelli…   My only Savinelli… EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 6:28 am

…until now, is this Punto Oro wich has been a gift, and therefor I am of course completely non-critical.
What do you think about it?

My only Savinelli… _SCH2602_web

Back to top Go down
http://www.thiloschacht.de/Schachttoene_Studiobilder/index.html
clueless

Registration date : 2009-04-01

My only Savinelli… Empty
PostSubject: Re: My only Savinelli…   My only Savinelli… EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 6:37 am

Classy!
Back to top Go down
Harlock999

Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

My only Savinelli… Empty
PostSubject: Re: My only Savinelli…   My only Savinelli… EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 8:45 am

More than anything, it seems to fit very nicely into your collection, as if the person who gave it to you understands your taste in pipes. Looks like a classic.
Back to top Go down
Airborne

Registration date : 2011-07-06

My only Savinelli… Empty
PostSubject: Re: My only Savinelli…   My only Savinelli… EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 8:47 am

I like the shape and the sabbiata. It looks like the kind of pipe I would buy. I just bought my first Savinelli recently and it smokes like a dream!

Happy smoking!
Back to top Go down
hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Registration date : 2010-06-21

My only Savinelli… Empty
PostSubject: Re: My only Savinelli…   My only Savinelli… EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 9:35 am

Yep, he took the words out of my mouth....Classy looking, love the stem....I want it...please put me in your Will. Laughing
Back to top Go down
NeroWolfe

NeroWolfe

Registration date : 2009-07-29

My only Savinelli… Empty
PostSubject: Re: My only Savinelli…   My only Savinelli… EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 10:06 am

Looks perfect for a Flake tobacco! Smallish but taller bowl....Enjoy, my friend!!!
Back to top Go down
Schacht

Schacht

My only Savinelli… Empty
PostSubject: Re: My only Savinelli…   My only Savinelli… EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 11:08 am

Thank you all for your kind comments, dear brothers!

Yes, I was a little surprised how empathetic the pipe-smoking-colleague that gave this to me, anticipated perfectly well what I like on a pipe. It was a quy who saw some of my pipe-photography on a small German pipe-smokers-community and asked a few questions about photography in general - obviously he´s a very generous and grateful person and now I´m the lucky owner of this nice italian pipe. It looks like a good smoker and I gave it to Nils Thomsen who´s so friendly to clean the pipe (the ebonite stem needs also a little work too) and as soon as I get it back, I´m going to break it in.

Funny, Nero Wolfe, that you´re mentioning flakes. Jacek (jar) told lately that he uses FVF to break his pipes in, and I proposed to try that on this Punto Oro.

Now, after I saw Harlock´s inspiring photography in weldtchr´s Savinelli Non Pareil 9408 thread, I suppose this one is my first, but definitely not the last Savinelli.

Back to top Go down
Buckshot

Buckshot

Registration date : 2011-07-17

My only Savinelli… Empty
PostSubject: Re: My only Savinelli…   My only Savinelli… EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 11:35 am

Very nice looking...I like it a lot. Congratulations!
Back to top Go down
Hendu3270

Hendu3270

Location : Pearland, Texas (if it's wintertime I'm most likely in the marsh chasing ducks with a pipe in my mouth)
Registration date : 2009-05-14

My only Savinelli… Empty
PostSubject: Re: My only Savinelli…   My only Savinelli… EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 12:09 pm

beautiful pipe. It would definitely get smoked in my house. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
http://www.hendrickwoodcreations.com
sstodvictory

sstodvictory

Registration date : 2009-12-05

My only Savinelli… Empty
PostSubject: Re: My only Savinelli…   My only Savinelli… EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 1:54 pm

Nice looking pipe. I recently sold a Punto Oro on Ebay, a smooth Dublin having that same type of shank and stem, in similar smoked condition. It went for $43.

Steve
Back to top Go down
msmith1956

msmith1956

Registration date : 2011-06-10

My only Savinelli… Empty
PostSubject: Re: My only Savinelli…   My only Savinelli… EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 5:49 pm

Very nice...classy looking! I've always said it's hard to go wrong with a Savinelli!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/w4mms
docwatson

docwatson

Registration date : 2008-03-21

My only Savinelli… Empty
PostSubject: Re: My only Savinelli…   My only Savinelli… EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 6:53 pm

You are in for a treat. Punto Oro= great briar, superb craftsmanship, excellent smoking properties.
Back to top Go down
Schacht

Schacht

My only Savinelli… Empty
PostSubject: Re: My only Savinelli…   My only Savinelli… EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 1:26 pm

Thanks a lot brothers! Isn´t it amazing how popular Savinelli actually is? Most of us got one, they are what some people call "reasonably priced" and most of the smokers I ever asked are perfectly convinced that their Savinelli pipes are great smoking machines. I´ll get mine back next thursday and since I read all your friendly comments, I am really looking forward to smoke it.

Kind regards
Thilo

Back to top Go down
ruta2

Registration date : 2010-11-25

My only Savinelli… Empty
PostSubject: Re: My only Savinelli…   My only Savinelli… EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 6:07 pm

I'm a BIG fan of Savinelli pipes... I own quite a few and they're all (as I noted in a previous post somewhere) "brilliant smokers." That said, the one you have is a beauty.

Enjoy!

Last edited by ruta2 on Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MisterE
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

My only Savinelli… Empty
PostSubject: Re: My only Savinelli…   My only Savinelli… EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 8:34 pm

Nice! I like the gentle curve of the stem, but its not so severe as to detract from the billiard line. Great photo too!
Back to top Go down
faccia

faccia

Registration date : 2011-01-29

My only Savinelli… Empty
PostSubject: Re: My only Savinelli…   My only Savinelli… EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 9:50 pm

nice pipe. i only have one Sav pipe
Back to top Go down
C.Elliot

C.Elliot

Registration date : 2011-10-13

My only Savinelli… Empty
PostSubject: Re: My only Savinelli…   My only Savinelli… EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 9:40 pm

A fine piece of craftsmanship. Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Boulder

Boulder

Registration date : 2011-08-29

My only Savinelli… Empty
PostSubject: Re: My only Savinelli…   My only Savinelli… EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 7:14 pm

Nice gift.
Back to top Go down
frogjunk

frogjunk

Registration date : 2011-11-07

My only Savinelli… Empty
PostSubject: Re: My only Savinelli…   My only Savinelli… EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 6:13 am

My first pipe was a Savinelli Lolita. I love that little guy and smoke it regularly.
Back to top Go down
Richard Hester
Author of "My Love My Pipe"
Richard Hester

Registration date : 2009-08-12

My only Savinelli… Empty
PostSubject: Re: My only Savinelli…   My only Savinelli… EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 2:16 pm

Good looking pipe I have a few savinelli's love them all great smokers
Best Regards
Richard
Back to top Go down
http://charlesrhesterjr@aol.com.com
PipeLeisure

PipeLeisure

Registration date : 2011-08-28

My only Savinelli… Empty
PostSubject: Re: My only Savinelli…   My only Savinelli… EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 6:07 pm

Very nice, I love the inlay, flows seamlessly into the shank.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PipeLeisure?feature=mhee
DrT999

DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

My only Savinelli… Empty
PostSubject: Re: My only Savinelli…   My only Savinelli… EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 9:37 pm

I agree with the others -- I don't care for fully straight stems. I like the slight curve as well as the overall shape & style
Back to top Go down
http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999

My only Savinelli…
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Photo Gallery-
Jump to: