HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Share
 

 Castello

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Airborne



Registration date : 2011-07-06

Castello Empty
PostSubject: Castello   Castello EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 5:29 pm

=


Last edited by Airborne on Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Buckshot

Buckshot

Age : 72
Location : Southeast Michigan
Registration date : 2011-07-17

Castello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castello   Castello EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 5:42 pm

That is one gorgeous pipe, John. (Nice photo composition, too.)
Back to top Go down
faccia

faccia

Age : 40
Location : Newtown Pa
Registration date : 2011-01-29

Castello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castello   Castello EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 9:48 pm

Great looking pipe. Good smoking
Back to top Go down
Doc Manhattan

Doc Manhattan

Age : 40
Location : Land of Steady Habits
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Castello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castello   Castello EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 10:04 pm

A beautiful pipe in (to my eyes) a very Italian shape!

(The first vowel in 'Castello' would be rhyme with "bah," like Scrooge or a sheep says.)
Back to top Go down
http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
Schacht

Schacht

Age : 49
Location : Berlin. Germany
Registration date : 2011-06-16

Castello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castello   Castello EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 2:23 am

Wonderful - I like this pipe very much! The flow and the harmonic correlation between grain and shape is really worth seeing.

Thanks for showing this and kind regards
Thilo

P.S.: I´m unsure if phonetics are international, but I think so. As far as I see it´s pronounced [kasˈtɛllo], this website offers the opportunity to hear the term spoken by italian natives.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thiloschacht.de/Schachttoene_Studiobilder/index.html
Zeno Marx

Zeno Marx

Registration date : 2010-06-26

Castello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castello   Castello EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 4:08 am

I really like the #55 shape. Take breaking it in very slowly, particularly the bottom of the bowl. I've seen several Castellos with very bottom of the bowl burnout (always the straight shape #s). I suspect they carve thinner bottoms than many. Just a hunch. Too many for it to always be the fault of the smokers.

and a good read, including eye candy:
http://glpease.com/Pipes/Collection/castello.html
Back to top Go down
Guy



Location : New York City
Registration date : 2011-06-07

Castello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castello   Castello EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 8:25 am

Unique shape nice grain, I would think like most large pipe makers Sardinian and Corsican briar.
Back to top Go down
Airborne



Registration date : 2011-07-06

Castello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castello   Castello EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 12:55 pm

Buckshot wrote:
That is one gorgeous pipe, John. (Nice photo composition, too.)

Thanks, David. Appreciate the comment.

Have a great weekend.
Back to top Go down
Airborne



Registration date : 2011-07-06

Castello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castello   Castello EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 12:56 pm

=


Last edited by Airborne on Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Airborne



Registration date : 2011-07-06

Castello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castello   Castello EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 12:58 pm

Doc Manhattan wrote:
A beautiful pipe in (to my eyes) a very Italian shape!

(The first vowel in 'Castello' would be rhyme with "bah," like Scrooge or a sheep says.)

Thanks much. Yes, I thought that was the correct pronunciation, but I thought I read somewhere that it was pronounced in a not too obvious way. My mistake.
Back to top Go down
Airborne



Registration date : 2011-07-06

Castello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castello   Castello EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 12:59 pm

Schacht wrote:
Wonderful - I like this pipe very much! The flow and the harmonic correlation between grain and shape is really worth seeing.

Thanks for showing this and kind regards
Thilo

P.S.: I´m unsure if phonetics are international, but I think so. As far as I see it´s pronounced [kasˈtɛllo], this website offers the opportunity to hear the term spoken by italian natives.


Thank you, sir, and have a wonderful weekend!
Back to top Go down
Airborne



Registration date : 2011-07-06

Castello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castello   Castello EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 1:01 pm

Zeno Marx wrote:
I really like the #55 shape. Take breaking it in very slowly, particularly the bottom of the bowl. I've seen several Castellos with very bottom of the bowl burnout (always the straight shape #s). I suspect they carve thinner bottoms than many. Just a hunch. Too many for it to always be the fault of the smokers.

and a good read, including eye candy:
http://glpease.com/Pipes/Collection/castello.html

Thanks for the advice, Zeno and for the link. It was very interesting reading. Have a great weekend.
Back to top Go down
Airborne



Registration date : 2011-07-06

Castello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castello   Castello EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 1:02 pm

Guy wrote:
Unique shape nice grain, I would think like most large pipe makers Sardinian and Corsican briar.

Yes, that's what I thought too about the briar. But this is the hardest pipe I've ever had! Smoking great though.
Back to top Go down
djf1

djf1

Age : 51
Location : Burlington Ontario
Registration date : 2011-03-16

Castello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castello   Castello EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 5:31 pm

LOVE Castello's! Wish I had more money for more Smile All 3 of mine are great smokers indeed... must be the air in Cantu!

Wonderful shape and pipe John!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sandmanhotels.ca
 
Castello
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Photo Gallery-
Jump to: