New Additions...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jacko

jacko

Registration date : 2010-07-20

New Additions... Empty
PostSubject: New Additions...   New Additions... EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 1:23 pm

Three new additions added this week. I'm a big fan of Jacono pipes, the few I have have been wonderfully crafted.

Jacono Knight
New Additions... Pipes2011002sm
New Additions... Pipes2011003sm

Kevin Arthur
New Additions... Pipes2011004sm
New Additions... Pipes2011005sm

Ardor Meteora
New Additions... Pipes2011006sm
New Additions... Pipes2011007sm
Back to top Go down
http://www.torontopipeclub.ca/
Schacht

Schacht

Registration date : 2011-06-16

New Additions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Additions...   New Additions... EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 1:44 pm

I like all three pipes, but the Tonino Jacono is special: great fninish and shape on a very nice bowl. It´s not often, that I find Jaconos pipes that plain and beautiful.

Congratulations and kind regards
Thilo
Back to top Go down
http://www.thiloschacht.de/Schachttoene_Studiobilder/index.html
Tim_Haggerty

Tim_Haggerty

Registration date : 2010-06-11

New Additions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Additions...   New Additions... EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 1:59 pm

I'd agree, that Jacono is a beauty.
Back to top Go down
Airborne

Registration date : 2011-07-06

New Additions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Additions...   New Additions... EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 2:27 pm

Beautiful pipes. I'm a big fan of Italian pipes and these certainly are gems. Never had a Kevin Arthur, but you can see the craftmanship in this piece of briar.

Congratulations and happy smoking!
Back to top Go down
Harlock999

Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

New Additions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Additions...   New Additions... EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 12:30 am

Yes, to the Jacono!
It does have kind of a Castello vibe to it...
Back to top Go down
s.ireland

Registration date : 2010-08-14

New Additions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Additions...   New Additions... EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 2:32 am

All three of those are beauties but that Kevin Arthur really got my attention. Lovely and graceful. Is that olivewood on the stem??
Back to top Go down
msmith1956

msmith1956

Registration date : 2011-06-10

New Additions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Additions...   New Additions... EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 7:24 pm

Very nice, I also really like the Jacono!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/w4mms
sstodvictory

sstodvictory

Registration date : 2009-12-05

New Additions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Additions...   New Additions... EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 10:46 pm

Love the Ardor Meteora. I can imagine smoking that while listening to "Pictures at an Exhibition", because that's what it reminds me of.

Steve
Back to top Go down
Schacht

Schacht

Registration date : 2011-06-16

New Additions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Additions...   New Additions... EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 5:00 am

sstodvictory wrote:
[…] I can imagine smoking that while listening to "Pictures at an Exhibition", because that's what it reminds me of. […]

Great suggestion, Steve - and yes, this looks like a pipe, I would smoke on a vernissage for example. The longer I look at this piece, the more I like it.

Kind regards
Thilo
Back to top Go down
http://www.thiloschacht.de/Schachttoene_Studiobilder/index.html
jacko

jacko

Registration date : 2010-07-20

New Additions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Additions...   New Additions... EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 10:27 am

The Ardor was a steal on eBay @ $150. The auction was trending low and I knew it could be had for sub $175. The Meteora is my favorite finish from Ardor's and there is something to be said about the finish on the simplicity of the Canadian shape. I like Ardor but I find most of their stuff over the top.

I'm very happy with the Kevin Arthur pipe. Excellent smoking, beautiful finish. I will definitely look to buy another one of his in the future. I really enjoy the uncoated bowls.

One of my first few eBay pipes was an estate Jacono which sat at the back of my pipe rack for a few years for no reason other than being a straight pot and I was going through a bent phase. When I was overhauling my collection I took a careful look at the pipe and smoked a few bowls and was blown away with the level of craftsmanship so I had to find another to see if the one I owned was a fluke and I'm happy to report that it wasn't. Its easy to tell they have been make by the hands of a perfectionist.
Back to top Go down
http://www.torontopipeclub.ca/
Dottleman

Dottleman

Registration date : 2011-08-07

New Additions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Additions...   New Additions... EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 11:53 pm

I am unfamiliar with Jacono pipes, but your example is truly beautiful. Many happy smokes!
Back to top Go down
PipeLeisure

PipeLeisure

Registration date : 2011-08-28

New Additions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Additions...   New Additions... EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 5:08 pm

I love them all but lean more towards the Jacono Knight, how long is it? almost looks like a nose warmer.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PipeLeisure?feature=mhee
docwatson

docwatson

Registration date : 2008-03-21

New Additions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Additions...   New Additions... EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 9:56 am

Great pipe selection. The more I collect the more I have gravitated towards the old classical shapes. The Ardor is reminiscent of a Castello 33 shape and is really nice. The sandblast finish on the Kevin Arthur pipe and the design looks super. Congrats on some fine choices.
Back to top Go down
Boulder

Boulder

Registration date : 2011-08-29

New Additions... Empty
PostSubject: New Additions...   New Additions... EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 11:49 am

Very Nice. I luv the Ardor Meteora best.
Back to top Go down

New Additions...
Page 1 of 1