HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Black Blasted Billiard

Go down 
AuthorMessage
laherb

laherb

Registration date : 2010-01-28

Black Blasted Billiard Empty
PostSubject: Black Blasted Billiard   Black Blasted Billiard EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 6:36 pm

Here's a pipe I finished up recently for a customer.

Black Blasted Billiard IMG_3003[img]Black Blasted Billiard IMG_2996[/img]

Abe
Back to top Go down
sstodvictory

sstodvictory

Registration date : 2009-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Black Blasted Billiard   Black Blasted Billiard EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 7:37 pm

Very appealing. Thanks for showing it.

Steve
Back to top Go down
forsooth

forsooth

Registration date : 2011-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Black Blasted Billiard   Black Blasted Billiard EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 8:45 pm

Nice sandblast. Looks like it would feel great to hold. Very nice job on the stem, as well.
Back to top Go down
riff raff

riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Black Blasted Billiard   Black Blasted Billiard EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 9:16 am

Wow, that is a terrific looking pipe.
Tell us about your business, and where are you located in WV?
Back to top Go down
Harlock999

Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Black Blasted Billiard   Black Blasted Billiard EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 10:05 am

Very nice, that stem looks beautiful and comfortable.
Nice pics too.
Back to top Go down
tNd

Registration date : 2011-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Black Blasted Billiard   Black Blasted Billiard EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 3:52 pm

very nice baby.... Smile
congratulations...
Back to top Go down
http://tnd-pipes.com/
PipeLeisure

PipeLeisure

Registration date : 2011-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Black Blasted Billiard   Black Blasted Billiard EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 9:11 pm

It's a beautiful pipe indeed, the stem fits that pipe perfectly.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PipeLeisure?feature=mhee
laherb

laherb

PostSubject: Re: Black Blasted Billiard   Black Blasted Billiard EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 10:15 pm

Thanks guys.

riff raff wrote:

I make pipes in my spare time. I started in 2009, took off from pipe making for six month in the spring of 2010 to thru-hike the Appalachian Trail. That gave me alot of time to think about pipes. Since then I spend all my free time making pipes and learning about them, that is when the woods aren't calling me. I don't have a website at the moment, I'm hoping to maybe have one up sometime this winter, I post most of my pipes for sale on this forum. Selling a pipe here and there helps pay for the hobby..... I live in Hampshire County, it's in the eastern panhandle.

Abe
Back to top Go down
Tim_Haggerty

Tim_Haggerty

Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Black Blasted Billiard   Black Blasted Billiard EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 12:12 am

Great pipe. Be nice to get big bowl from you, shoot me a PM if you have any time.
Back to top Go down
Zeno Marx

Zeno Marx

Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Black Blasted Billiard   Black Blasted Billiard EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 2:27 am

What's an estimate price on a similar pipe to this? What would the wait time be? That's a really sharp, classic billiard. It's more difficult to recognize exceptional lines in such classic shapes. Even the good ones get lumped into a general sense of quality, but then you see something like your pipe here and are moved to acknowledge that even the common can be extraordinary. I mean...of course, we know this, but I find it easy to take for granted. I need that occasional jostling to keep perspective.
Back to top Go down
Schacht

Schacht

Registration date : 2011-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Black Blasted Billiard   Black Blasted Billiard EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 5:25 am

Zeno Marx wrote:
[…] That's a really sharp, classic billiard. It's more difficult to recognize exceptional lines in such classic shapes. Even the good ones get lumped into a general sense of quality, but then you see something like your pipe here and are moved to acknowledge that even the common can be extraordinary. […]
I totally agree.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thiloschacht.de/Schachttoene_Studiobilder/index.html
riff raff

riff raff

PostSubject: Re: Black Blasted Billiard   Black Blasted Billiard EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 7:25 am

Thanks Abe, keep us posted. You chose the right spot to live since you enjoy the woods! I'm just down the road in Hagerstown, MD. I'll keep an eye out for your pipes.

laherb wrote:
Thanks guys.

riff raff wrote:

I make pipes in my spare time. I started in 2009, took off from pipe making for six month in the spring of 2010 to thru-hike the Appalachian Trail. That gave me alot of time to think about pipes. Since then I spend all my free time making pipes and learning about them, that is when the woods aren't calling me. I don't have a website at the moment, I'm hoping to maybe have one up sometime this winter, I post most of my pipes for sale on this forum. Selling a pipe here and there helps pay for the hobby..... I live in Hampshire County, it's in the eastern panhandle.

Abe
Back to top Go down
i.keenum

i.keenum

Registration date : 2011-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Black Blasted Billiard   Black Blasted Billiard EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 7:59 am

straight billiards have been my favorite shapes from the get go and that is just amazing looking forward to see you go big. In all reality that is better than any dunhill i've seen.
Back to top Go down
http://ian.keenum@gmail.com
tg lorenz

tg lorenz

Registration date : 2011-07-29

PostSubject: Blasted Billiard !   Black Blasted Billiard EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 1:35 pm

Well I am the lucky one who commissioned the beautiful pipe. And I can tell you the feel in hand and its proportions are better than some of my estate Dunhill and Castillo pipes. The precise drilling of the airway allowed for me to only light the pipe once, a true craftsman. Abe was kind enough to create this pipe to my specifications including the long tapered Cumberland stem that is so comfortable. This is one Pipe maker to keep your eye on as I'm sure we will see more of his pipes surfacing on this site. Thanks again Abe!!!!
Back to top Go down
PipeLeisure

PipeLeisure

Registration date : 2011-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Black Blasted Billiard   Black Blasted Billiard EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 5:14 pm

The first pipe that got me started in this crazy hobby was a Kaywoodie straight Billiard...I still have the pipe and it still holds a very special place in my heart...I will post a pic later on
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PipeLeisure?feature=mhee
riff raff

riff raff

PostSubject: Re: Black Blasted Billiard   Black Blasted Billiard EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 6:50 pm

tg lorenz wrote:
Well I am the lucky one who commissioned the beautiful pipe. And I can tell you the feel in hand and its proportions are better than some of my estate Dunhill and Castillo pipes. The precise drilling of the airway allowed for me to only light the pipe once, a true craftsman. Abe was kind enough to create this pipe to my specifications including the long tapered Cumberland stem that is so comfortable. This is one Pipe maker to keep your eye on as I'm sure we will see more of his pipes surfacing on this site. Thanks again Abe!!!!

Abe sure has a good eye and talent, nice commision! Thanks for the feedback on the pipe, I'll definitely be watching Abe's creations.
Back to top Go down
laherb

laherb

PostSubject: Re: Black Blasted Billiard   Black Blasted Billiard EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 10:24 pm

Tim_Haggerty wrote:
Great pipe. Be nice to get big bowl from you, shoot me a PM if you have any time.

PM sent.

Abe
Back to top Go down
laherb

laherb

PostSubject: Re: Black Blasted Billiard   Black Blasted Billiard EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 10:34 pm

Zeno Marx wrote:
What's an estimate price on a similar pipe to this? What would the wait time be? That's a really sharp, classic billiard. It's more difficult to recognize exceptional lines in such classic shapes. Even the good ones get lumped into a general sense of quality, but then you see something like your pipe here and are moved to acknowledge that even the common can be extraordinary. I mean...of course, we know this, but I find it easy to take for granted. I need that occasional jostling to keep perspective.

Thanks for the kind words. The price for a pipe similar to that one, is around $150. The wait time can vary, given how much spare time I have for pipe making. I would say a couple weeks give or take.

Abe
Back to top Go down
laherb

laherb

PostSubject: Re: Black Blasted Billiard   Black Blasted Billiard EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 10:39 pm

tg lorenz wrote:

Thanks Tom, I'm glad that you are pleased with the pipe. I tend to make smaller pipes, so making this pipe was a nice challenge for me.

Abe
Back to top Go down

Black Blasted Billiard
Page 1 of 1