HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Hey, I made a pipe today! (With some help)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
smokinbriar

Registration date : 2011-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Hey, I made a pipe today! (With some help)   Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:12 pm

Looking good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BuckeyeBoy34

Registration date : 2012-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Hey, I made a pipe today! (With some help)   Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:50 pm

Thats a good looking sitter. Are you done with it? Sounds like you had a good time working on it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Hey, I made a pipe today! (With some help)   Sun May 13, 2012 12:19 pm

Well, the Los Angeles Pipe Maker's Guild had it's first official meeting yesterday, so I had a chance to start another pipe. This time, the briar kit I was preparing to shape was cut more conventionally, so I had a wider variety of styles to choose from. I decided to try to make a copy of a Castello that I really like, so I traced the outline of the pipe onto the block. Frank (sorringowl) did the cutting on the band saw, then it was on to the shaping wheel!
After the block was rounded, out came the files, and the thing started to look like a pipe. It's still far from finished, as it still needs to shed quite a bit of wood, but overall, I was very happy with the progress. And more than anything, it was a great way to spend the day.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Hey, I made a pipe today! (With some help)   Sun May 13, 2012 12:45 pm

That one looks to have some real possibility's Razz Keep us posted on it's progress !!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dshpipes

Registration date : 2011-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Hey, I made a pipe today! (With some help)   Sun May 13, 2012 2:22 pm

Lookin' good, Harlock! I like the shape you've got going. Keep us posted!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dshpipes.com
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Hey, I made a pipe today! (With some help)   Sun May 13, 2012 2:33 pm

Nice craftsmanship Chris! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Hey, I made a pipe today! (With some help)   Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:23 pm

Did some more work on the pipes at Frank's (sorringowl) workshop yesterday. The Los Angeles Pipe Makers Guild is still just the two of us, and we haven't finished our pipes yet, but we're getting pretty close.. Here are my two pipes: my first, the barrel poker, which has lost a lot of it's barrel-ishness, and the latest, which is the Castello inpired bent billiard. I did quite a bit of sanding and filing yesterday, working on the symmetry of the shank/bowl junction and slimming down the pipe considerably. Sand paper awaits...

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Hey, I made a pipe today! (With some help)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2