HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Other Pipe Forums

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
TreverT

Registration date : 2008-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Other Pipe Forums   Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:13 pm

forsooth wrote:
I like BOB because it allows a bit of controversy or disagreement on appropriate subjects...I don't mean vitriolic arguing, but friendly, though firm, exchanges about subjects that affect a lot of us.

Controversy and disagreements are no problem. It's the people that go psycho about some issue that I don't get. The "ONE TRUE WAY" types get very dull, very fast.

Also, everyone who doesn't share my tobacco preferences is a savage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.talbertpipes.com/
flytyer

Registration date : 2009-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Other Pipe Forums   Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:35 pm

Im a one forum type of guy I guess , this one seems the most comfortable. I like it because opinions are allowed..and a alot of busting and jabbing goes on, but I also think the advice and opinions given are honest. Watching and participateing here seems more like a real life conversation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Other Pipe Forums   Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:35 pm

I am a member at many. I post on a few. This one is more home than others. I keep every board separate. I do not talk about other boards usually, unless there is something that is of interest to all. Having time to visit all of them is tough.

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Other Pipe Forums   Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:16 pm

flytyer wrote:
Im a one forum type of guy I guess , this one seems the most comfortable. I like it because opinions are allowed..and a alot of busting and jabbing goes on, but I also think the advice and opinions given are honest. Watching and participateing here seems more like a real life conversation.

This.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com Online
Thomas Tkach

Registration date : 2010-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Other Pipe Forums   Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:24 pm

I started out over there, and learned a whole lot--there is a lot of information for a new smoker, but I think this is better for more of a veteran. Pipes.org was more of a how-to forum, where BoB seems more like a few guys enjoying their love of pipes together.

I also post and watch on YouTube a bit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/tkachta1
gospelman

Registration date : 2007-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Other Pipe Forums   Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:47 am

I've been a member of this board since it started up, right after the demise of the old KnoxCigar board. I'm also a member of Christianpipesmokers.com, but I haven't posted there in a while.

While I don't get the chance to post as often as I should, I do check this board out daily. I love the comraderie and really appreciate the knowledge of the collective membership here. BoB is definitely my favorite pipe related forum.

To me, this place is the real deal.

Mike
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PipeLeisure

Registration date : 2011-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Other Pipe Forums   Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:12 am

gospelman wrote:
I've been a member of this board since it started up, right after the demise of the old KnoxCigar board. I'm also a member of Christianpipesmokers.com, but I haven't posted there in a while.

While I don't get the chance to post as often as I should, I do check this board out daily. I love the comraderie and really appreciate the knowledge of the collective membership here. BoB is definitely my favorite pipe related forum.

To me, this place is the real deal.

Mike

Hay Mike, I was also a member of the KnoxCigar board. That was a nice group, lots of great people.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PipeLeisure?feature=mhee
gospelman

PostSubject: Re: Other Pipe Forums   Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:08 pm

I think a lot of guys from the Knox board came here. It was the first pipe-related internet forum I ever checked out. I learned so much from the brethren there, and continue to do so here.

Mike
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PipeLeisure

Registration date : 2011-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Other Pipe Forums   Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:08 pm

gospelman wrote:
I think a lot of guys from the Knox board came here. It was the first pipe-related internet forum I ever checked out. I learned so much from the brethren there, and continue to do so here.

Mike
Mike do you remember any of these user names? I'm trying to find some old peeps from the older boards--->CHKSBAK5, Meerorbriar, Yarnspinner, BigJP, ContentedPiper?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PipeLeisure?feature=mhee
DoverPipes

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Other Pipe Forums   Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:14 pm

MisterE wrote:
puros_bran wrote:
I don't post in pipe forums.

LOL

Eric, "Stay away from the Kraken"!!!!
I mean it. You know what happened last time.............. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Other Pipe Forums   Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:29 pm

I found BoB last winter, and over time have ceased posting on other boards. It's hard to beat this one with it's diversity in topics, as well as members. Plus, BoB is really user friendly! Kudo's to the guys who spent so much of their personal time making it such! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gospelman

PostSubject: Re: Other Pipe Forums   Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:26 am

PipeLeisure wrote:
gospelman wrote:

Mike
Mike do you remember any of these user names? I'm trying to find some old peeps from the older boards--->CHKSBAK5, Meerorbriar, Yarnspinner, BigJP, ContentedPiper?

All those you mentioned, plus SailormanJack, Regor, Vito, Dottleman, and several who are currently on this board.

I also remember right toward the end some jackass who called himself "woim" joined up...seemed all he was interested in was getting everyone jacked up.

Mike
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Other Pipe Forums   Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:23 am

DoverPipes wrote:
MisterE wrote:
puros_bran wrote:
I don't post in pipe forums.

LOL

Eric, "Stay away from the Kraken"!!!!
I mean it. You know what happened last time.............. Razz

affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vito

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Other Pipe Forums   Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:52 pm

gospelman wrote:
...All those you mentioned, plus SailormanJack, Regor, Vito, Dottleman, and several who are currently on this board.
Hi Mike:

Long time no see, amigo! Yeah...the Knox board was special. I hesitate to name names for fear of leaving someone out, but I'd be sorely remiss if I didn't mention Thomas James (TJ) and Pipetongue (Ken)óboth men of huge heart, and both of whom I greatly miss.

In addition to those already mentioned, other names from the KCC family that spring to mind (in no particular order) are LatakiaLover, David Elkins, f.ferrill (Tony), jimturner, cdstuart, Ol'Dawg, Warwick, alfredo_buscatti, Yak (aka Denikin), Carlos, olebriar, Dock J. Perry, eggman89, shellgame, tslots, Maynard, morleysson, Rad Davis, gatewheel, jeepernick, Tom Clemons, glpease, Muleskinner, JohnR, Mahaffy, Slow Puffs...and of course pb (The Artist Formerly Known as puros_bran), Puff Daddy, Jason, Mikem...the list goes on, and my humblest apologies to anyone I've omitted. They say memory is the second thing to go, you know. (I can't remember what the first thing is...)

Anyhow, thanks to Jason, that spirit had a place to migrate to (here!) when the KCC BB started going south for lack of maintenance.

A pipe forum is just like any other BB. If the folks who are there provide the right chemistry, there's a kind of synergy that forms a strange attractor, and people get pulled into it. As long as it stays positive, it thrives.

Ultimately, good will is the glue that holds it together. I've never seen a forum whose members cared only about themselves that was any good. There will always be folks like that in any open forum, but eventually they disappear. If enough folks keep the spirit of mutual respect and enjoyment of each others company alive, the forum becomes a place where kindred spirits are always welcome.

I don't post here anywhere near as much as I once did, but I do check in every now and then. It's great to see that some of the veteran brethren are still around. I salute all of the BoB brethrenóboth old guard and vibrant new bloodówho keep the fraternal spirit alive and well here.

jocolor
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.vitotuxedo.com/VitoSpace/Home/=index.html
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Other Pipe Forums   Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:01 pm

Actually I need to revisit this, as I (re) joined my local pipe smokers group, the SPC (Seattle Pipe Club). And they do have a website and forums, although it can be a little slow there. Guess I need to stir thing up a bit! LOL!

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude wrote:
flytyer wrote:

This.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com Online
gospelman

PostSubject: Re: Other Pipe Forums   Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:14 am

Vito, I'll always be grateful for the help, advice, and direction you and others from the Knox board gave me as I made the journey from aromatics to English blends and beyond!

I will say this: it is because of the comraderie and sense of brotherhood on this board that I will always consider this the number one place on the web for discussions about all things pipe/tobacco. I also enjoy reading about everyone's various musical tastes. I remember being turned on to new music a few times by suggestions from some of the brothers.

Mike
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mike_68

Registration date : 2011-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Other Pipe Forums   Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:51 am

I DID have an issue with an idiot admin at another board...which is fine, whatever. I've found I enjoy it here more any way so it all worked out!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Itinerant

Registration date : 2011-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Other Pipe Forums   Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:49 am

Maiser and I refer to BoB as "The Forum." Ex. "What's happening on The Forum today?" "There's some GL Pease for sale on The Forum." When I saw this topic, I said to myself, there are other forums?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LIPIPE

Location : Setauket,Long Island and upstate Granville, New York
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Other Pipe Forums   Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:12 pm

+1 definitely. BoB is THE only true forum. The others exist for advertising primarily. There is no shortage of self righteous idiocy when the participants are exploited as a marketing base exclusively for generating sales volume. I would not be surprised if many of the posts are phoney plants rather than guys who actually light up. BoB is more of a men's club and I hope it remains as such.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
s.ireland

Registration date : 2010-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Other Pipe Forums   Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:07 pm

LIPIPE wrote:
BoB is more of a men's club and I hope it remains as such.

My thoughts exactly, Marty. A virtual Club.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Other Pipe Forums   Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:32 pm

s.ireland wrote:
LIPIPE wrote:
BoB is more of a men's club and I hope it remains as such.

My thoughts exactly, Marty. A virtual Club.

Amen, brothers. Cool

This is the first and best pipe/tobacco forum I knew of, so here I stay. No need to go elsewhere, except maybe www.pipemakersforum.com... *shrug* ...but that's not for chilling as much as it is information.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sand18f

Registration date : 2011-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Other Pipe Forums   Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:42 pm

LIPIPE wrote:
+1 definitely. BoB is THE only true forum. The others exist for advertising primarily. There is no shortage of self righteous idiocy when the participants are exploited as a marketing base exclusively for generating sales volume. I would not be surprised if many of the posts are phoney plants rather than guys who actually light up. BoB is more of a men's club and I hope it remains as such.

I however wish there was more wimmin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ruraldean

Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Other Pipe Forums   Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:10 am

LIPIPE wrote:
No advertising on http://tampandpuff.com.

Thought I ought to defend it a bit. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://crimsonleaf.co.uk http://paulanthonydean.wordpress.com
mark
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Other Pipe Forums   Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:51 am

ruraldean wrote:
No advertising on http://tampandpuff.com. Thought I ought to defend it a bit. Smile

Yes, great site, good people,,,,,and advertising has become a part of our daily routine anyway, I'm sure 80% of what's thrown at us everyday is ignored by habit. If a good pipe site requires a bit of advertising to stay up and running,,,,and I get to read or participate for free. I guess I can deal with it,,,, Very Happy

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WingRider

Registration date : 2011-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Other Pipe Forums   Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:50 pm

Personally, the reason I like this forum is the soothing beige background.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Other Pipe Forums
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next