HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Other Pipe Forums

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Other Pipe Forums   Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:47 pm

...funny, I only get ads here if I'm not logged in to my username...but if they're there and keeping the forum alive, so be it.

The volley of advertisement assault I get from puff.com turned me off big time, on the other hand. I assume if you become a member they minimize or go away as well.

Forums are kind of like bars--if you find one you like, you keep hanging out. There could very well be other great forums, I just like the people here a lot. Cool

Back to top Go down
View user profile
dshpipes

Registration date : 2011-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Other Pipe Forums   Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:17 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
...funny, I only get ads here if I'm not logged in to my username...but if they're there and keeping the forum alive, so be it.

The volley of advertisement assault I get from puff.com turned me off big time, on the other hand. I assume if you become a member they minimize or go away as well.

Forums are kind of like bars--if you find one you like, you keep hanging out. There could very well be other great forums, I just like the people here a lot. Cool

Ditto. I used to belong to a different forum but I got away from it over time. BoB has great folks, great topics, and... uh... what was that third thing... hmm... aaaaah... whoops!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dshpipes.com
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Other Pipe Forums   Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:24 pm

UberHuberMan wrote:

Ditto. I used to belong to a different forum but I got away from it over time. BoB has great folks, great topics, and... uh... what was that third thing... hmm... aaaaah... whoops!

"...the soothing beige background?" We can't forget that! Very Happy (It is quite nice.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SteveHorsfall

Registration date : 2011-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Other Pipe Forums   Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:43 am

I'm a fairly active member of Smokers forums, as 'Latakia'. I did join another one, but couldn't get on with the way it was arranged, and don't post there any more. This place looks good, though, so I think I'll stick around.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y171/StephenHorsfall/Pipes/
LIPIPE

Location : Setauket,Long Island and upstate Granville, New York
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Other Pipe Forums   Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:18 am

Welcome Steve: I'm also a Lat lover from the other side of the pond on Long Island New York. Looking forward to discussing favorite blends. This morning I'm enjoying a bowl of Sterling Tobbaco Co. 1776 American Patriot. This is a heavy English blend that is somewhat similar to Penzance, yet unique with a good dose of latakia. My friend blender Jack Peterson "whipped it up" at my request and I named it. Another favorite is Beck's Ol' Limey Bastard. Have you had the pleasure of smoking either of these delicious blends?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Other Pipe Forums   Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:11 pm

Welcome, Steve! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SteveHorsfall

PostSubject: Re: Other Pipe Forums   Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:31 pm

LIPIPE wrote:
Welcome Steve: I'm also a Lat lover from the other side of the pond on Long Island New York. Looking forward to discussing favorite blends. This morning I'm enjoying a bowl of Sterling Tobbaco Co. 1776 American Patriot. This is a heavy English blend that is somewhat similar to Penzance, yet unique with a good dose of latakia. My friend blender Jack Peterson "whipped it up" at my request and I named it. Another favorite is Beck's Ol' Limey Bastard. Have you had the pleasure of smoking either of these delicious blends?
'Fraid not, though I've heard many people praise Beck's O.L.B. Slightly ironic that a baccy called '1776 American Patriot' is an English blend!
Back to top Go down
LIPIPE

PostSubject: Re: Other Pipe Forums   Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:54 pm

Steve: Ironic isn't it. American patriots do acknowledge our British heritage. That is where we learned about democracy. American Patriot is an American treat, prepared by an Irishman and inspired by British roots. You should order some.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SteveHorsfall

PostSubject: Re: Other Pipe Forums   Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:13 am

I'll try it, if I can find a source over here.
Back to top Go down
LIPIPE

PostSubject: Re: Other Pipe Forums   Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:56 am

Steve: The source for Beck's OLB is 4Noggins.com I believe Richard Gottlieb of 4 Noggins which is located in Middlebury Vermont, USA will ship overseas. 1776 American Patriot is available from Jack Peterson at Sterling Tobacco Co.(sterlingtobacco.com) located in Sterling Illinois, USA. I believe Jack will ship to you also. I have e-mail contacts for both of them so if you have difficulty reaching either men, I'll gladly hook you guys up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SteveHorsfall

PostSubject: Re: Other Pipe Forums   Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:23 pm

Thanks. I found Sterling by googling American patriot. I'll try them, and also 4noggins for OLB.
Back to top Go down
Wayne_Teipen

Registration date : 2009-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Other Pipe Forums   Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:18 pm

I'm a member of several pipe forums. Now that web browsers have mulitple tabs for multiple sites to be open, I often have all of them up at the same time and try to keep up on topics that picque my interest. BoB is a forum I only recently discovered and while I don't post too often I do browse and lurk a bunch. It seems like the longer you're on the forums the less you have to say since the topics mostly recirculate and you fellas are pretty quick with good replies. It often leaves me with nothing new to add. I do like the nutty humor on BoB and the more relaxed atmosphere. The razzing reminds me of evenings spent at the local B&M smoking lounge except here I can lounge in my underwear. Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://teipenpipes.com
Stackle2

Registration date : 2011-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Other Pipe Forums   Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:51 pm

I was a member of another forum that didn't have the relaxed atmosphere of BoB, until very recently. I just kept getting the feeling that the moderators were there to bully & threaten people (honestly, can it get more childish than threatening people for comments that you don't agree with?). Since leaving that site, I decided to quit lurking here, & become an active member.

I do find that BoB is much more laid back, the members nearly always self moderate, & there isn't any bluster or thread hijacking from the moderators. Plus I like that you have the restricted area to post, that way if someone just absolutely say something inflammatory, they can get it off their chest, without everyone coming down on them for it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
itsKot

Registration date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Other Pipe Forums   Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:21 pm

Wayne_Teipen wrote:
I do like the nutty humor on BoB and the more relaxed atmosphere. The razzing reminds me of evenings spent at the local B&M smoking lounge except here I can lounge in my underwear.

I couldn't agree more, The feeling about this forum is very relaxed, or at least that's how I find it. And the humor floating around is right up my alley, just the kind I use daily around my friends so it really does make me feel at home. Cheers to a great forum and community, you all deserve it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
smokey422

Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Other Pipe Forums   Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:17 pm

I belong to several pipe forums and post on all of them. It's true the subject metter is usually the same on all of them but I still find it interesting. I did delete a couple off my list yesterday, one because the forum moderator runs the forum like a dictatorship and has driven off almost all his members. BoB is one of my favorites, I like the laid-back atmosphere here.

Smokey
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jlong

Registration date : 2009-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Other Pipe Forums   Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:10 pm

I am in agreement that it has a lot to do what best fits one's personality. I was warned, lectured, and near kicked off another forum for demonstrating a brand of humor that is perfectly acceptable and pretty much the norm here. Because I don't care to toss grenades, I haven't posted there since. I'll remain here on the dark side. This forum is where I belong and where I shall stay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Other Pipe Forums   Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:10 pm

jlong wrote:
I am in agreement that it has a lot to do what best fits one's personality. I was warned, lectured, and near kicked off another forum for demonstrating a brand of humor that is perfectly acceptable and pretty much the norm here. Because I don't care to toss grenades, I haven't posted there since. I'll remain here on the dark side. This forum is where I belong and where I shall stay.

I should probably know where this via PM so I don't waste my time. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raven

Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Other Pipe Forums   Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:31 pm

I'm not a member of any other forum, but I do subscribe to the PipesMagazine.com blog on my kindle. I always enjoy reading it and until the other day I had never even been to there site. I had no idea they had a forum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Other Pipe Forums
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3