HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Lets Talk Boswell

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
PipeLeisure

Registration date : 2011-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk Boswell    Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:14 pm

I will not look at any more pipes on eBay...I WON'T...I WON'T...I WON'T...AND YOU CAN'T MAKE ME.......so there!!! Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PipeLeisure?feature=mhee
riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk Boswell    Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:46 pm

Dutch wrote:
Here is a new Boswell up for bid with 8 days left. Looks like a great armchair piece, to settle in and watch a game or movie with.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-unsmoked-JM-J-M-Boswell-2011-tobacco-estate-pipe-/250923660753?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6c3735d1

Geez, I have my Boswell Freehand in the classifieds for $106 delivered. It's in that good shape (mint) and has better graining (my opinion).

I have to free up some rack room for another purchase and something has to go....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tim_Haggerty

Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk Boswell    Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:12 pm

Oddly, I had just lit my own deep fluted swirl from Boswell's which is nearly identical to the one pictured when I read this (Heck, I just called it a freehand). It's a couple of years old and if memory serves, I paid about $129 for it, but they've found their market niche I gather. Still a good value and it's a great smoker.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk Boswell    Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:26 am

I just came across this thread, because I'm spastic. Boswell pipes are amazing for the money. Gee, another thing I have to acquire. I hate you all. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy (...like a loving brother...)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LPcreation

Registration date : 2011-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk Boswell    Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:36 am

Dutch wrote:
Here is a new Boswell up for bid with 8 days left. Looks like a great armchair piece, to settle in and watch a game or movie with.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-unsmoked-JM-J-M-Boswell-2011-tobacco-estate-pipe-/250923660753?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6c3735d1

I remember this pipe when it was on sale on the Boswell site. I remember thinking I should jump on it because it was available and it was only $90 (i think). That seller bought a bunch of boswell pipes and is simply flipping them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Josjor

Registration date : 2011-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk Boswell    Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:24 pm

riff raff wrote:
Dutch wrote:

Geez, I have my Boswell Freehand in the classifieds for $106 delivered. It's in that good shape (mint) and has better graining (my opinion).

I have to free up some rack room for another purchase and something has to go....

What do you think you're doing? Posting pictures of my pipe!!!!!

Very Happy

This one smokes good. I just had some Magnum in it this morning. My first Boswell and I think the first of many to come.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riff raff

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk Boswell    Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:30 pm

LPcreation wrote:
Dutch wrote:

I remember this pipe when it was on sale on the Boswell site. I remember thinking I should jump on it because it was available and it was only $90 (i think). That seller bought a bunch of boswell pipes and is simply flipping them.

Great point, most of his in that style are in the $99 - $129 range. Maybe I should have listed my freehand on ebay...(although it was new).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Josjor

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk Boswell    Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:51 am

I'm in lust. Too bad my PAD budget is shot 'til the new year. This one was posted yesterday and it's still available, which is odd I think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riff raff

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk Boswell    Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:05 am

Weird, I didn't get the notification on this post.
I'm glad you are enjoying it. I still have my Boswell bent, and will acquire another one day.

Josjor wrote:
riff raff wrote:
Dutch wrote:

What do you think you're doing? Posting pictures of my pipe!!!!!

Very Happy

This one smokes good. I just had some Magnum in it this morning. My first Boswell and I think the first of many to come.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riff raff

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk Boswell    Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:38 pm

I bought a few Comoys from this ebay seller. He just listed this Boswell Poker that looks pretty interesting.
I know he is a big Boswell fan and owns several. Sure enough, this is one of his personal pipes
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250931446808&category=4119&emailtemplateid=38463791&sellerid=zTpVD1PmK5IhNM/J0VsYhw==&buyerid=FpRekKD1aqBhkyntwlLc0A==&refid=store&ssPageName=ADME:B:SEMK:US:LISTG
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk Boswell    Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:31 am

riff raff wrote:
I bought a few Comoys from this ebay seller. He just listed this Boswell Poker that looks pretty interesting.
I know he is a big Boswell fan and owns several. Sure enough, this is one of his personal pipes
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250931446808&category=4119&emailtemplateid=38463791&sellerid=zTpVD1PmK5IhNM/J0VsYhw==&buyerid=FpRekKD1aqBhkyntwlLc0A==&refid=store&ssPageName=ADME:B:SEMK:US:LISTG

Nice! It's one of those "pok-cano" shapes! cheers Wish I could bid on it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frogjunk

Registration date : 2011-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk Boswell    Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:00 am

I've been to Boswell's shop on a few occasions. Nice pipes, nice atmosphere, nice experience, and super nice folks. Recommended!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jerwin

Registration date : 2011-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk Boswell    Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:14 am

I missed out on #2 & #16 today, but what do you guys think of 14 & 15? I'm really tempted to pull the trigger and make those my first real pipes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jerwin

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk Boswell    Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:30 am

Nevermind, those are gone now too. Maybe next week.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Josjor

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk Boswell    Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:43 am

I'm still lusting after #5.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riff raff

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk Boswell    Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:05 pm

jerwin wrote:
Nevermind, those are gone now too. Maybe next week.
Give them a call. I was at the shop yesterday for a refill of my Magnum. They had several similar pipes on the rack, less than $100. Wish I'd have seen this, I'd could have snapped/sent you some camera pix. Or, I go by there again next Tuesday, if you want to see what is on the wall, call my cell and I can call you from the shop (PM me for that info, if desired).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jerwin

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk Boswell    Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:08 pm

The offer is much appreciate, riff raff. I'll give them a call, and if I need a picture I'll let you know. Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigBehr

Registration date : 2011-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk Boswell    Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:26 pm

Wow some very nice pipes here!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
billm67

Registration date : 2011-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk Boswell    Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:52 am

Here is my collection. My Boswell's go back to 2002 and my first one cost $38.95.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk Boswell    Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:30 am

billm67 wrote:
Here is my collection. My Boswell's go back to 2002 and my first one cost $38.95.

Nice collection Bill! I really like the fluted one, top center! Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riff raff

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk Boswell    Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:03 am

Wow, what a group Bill!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LPcreation

Registration date : 2011-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk Boswell    Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:31 pm

Got my 1st Boswell on Wednesday. Unfortunately, I've found no time to smoke it! Will post pics soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PipeLeisure

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk Boswell    Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:06 pm

Shocked Shocked Shocked You are my new best friend Bill lol! I love your collection, you have some really nice pieces there. Thanks for sharing with us.
Back to top Go down
Simple Man

Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk Boswell    Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:10 pm

I have yet to get one... every time he puts them up, they are gone before I get there. I like the traditional styles like 7, 12 &16 in the last set he had up.

Bill, that is a very nice collection indeed! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PipeLeisure

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk Boswell    Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:21 pm

I just had 2 pipe fulls of Boswells new Chocolate blend called Pipers Pleasure and I just cant get enough of it....ITS FANTASTIC! Wondering who else has tried this new blend and what you think.

Here is Boswells description of this wonderful blend.

Piper's Pleasure- Aroma - one of the most important aspects of any smoking tobacco. Perfect burning quality. Rich flavors of chocolate, vanilla, coffee, and a mild sweetness. A mild, slow burning, cool smoke

Back to top Go down

Lets Talk Boswell
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next