HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Share
 

 Lets Talk Boswell

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
BuckeyeBoy34



Age : 41
Location : Sunny and tropical Akron, Ohio
Registration date : 2012-04-03

Lets Talk Boswell  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk Boswell    Lets Talk Boswell  - Page 8 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 9:04 pm

Boswells doesnt seem to make a bad pipe!! I can see why they have soo soo many fans, I count myself as one of them. I am saving up for one, but in the meantime I ll make a TAD order and enjoy some of their hand blended tobaccos. Good good stuff!!
Back to top Go down
smokeyjay



Age : 57
Location : SC
Registration date : 2012-06-25

Lets Talk Boswell  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Boswells   Lets Talk Boswell  - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 5:54 pm

Nice pipes. Being new to this you've inspired me to add Boswell to my wish list.
Enjoy em,
SmokeyJay
Back to top Go down
gravel

gravel

Age : 45
Location : Oregon
Registration date : 2011-12-07

Lets Talk Boswell  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk Boswell    Lets Talk Boswell  - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 1:16 am

Here is my Boswell Billiard. I haven't had a chance to break it in. Sad
Lets Talk Boswell  - Page 8 PGmxG
Back to top Go down
http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Gravel
Dutch

Dutch

Age : 54
Location : On the road.......
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Lets Talk Boswell  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk Boswell    Lets Talk Boswell  - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 1:37 am

Here are a couple pics of my very first Boswell, and one that stays in my regular rotation.


Lets Talk Boswell  - Page 8 DSC00147

Lets Talk Boswell  - Page 8 DSC00148
Back to top Go down
Dutch

Dutch

Age : 54
Location : On the road.......
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Lets Talk Boswell  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk Boswell    Lets Talk Boswell  - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 3:43 am

Here is a pic of my second Boswell, an Oom Paul styled sitter with a massive deep bowl.....

Lets Talk Boswell  - Page 8 DSC00149
Back to top Go down
kaiser83

kaiser83

Age : 36
Location : Wherever the smoke clears
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Lets Talk Boswell  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk Boswell    Lets Talk Boswell  - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 3:48 am

A couple of darn fine pipes you have there Dutch. The rustication on the second one is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Dutch

Dutch

Age : 54
Location : On the road.......
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Lets Talk Boswell  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk Boswell    Lets Talk Boswell  - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 4:24 am

kaiser83 wrote:
A couple of darn fine pipes you have there Dutch. The rustication on the second one is awesome.

Thanks for the compliment Kai. J.M. has several different styles of rustication. One type he does with a chisel, and another I have is called a weathered stone finish.

Here is a pic of my 3rd Boswell, a volcano, with a funnel shaped bowl.....

Lets Talk Boswell  - Page 8 DSC00150
Back to top Go down
Dutch

Dutch

Age : 54
Location : On the road.......
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Lets Talk Boswell  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk Boswell    Lets Talk Boswell  - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 7:29 pm

Here's my latest Boswell. A joint effort between J.M. and Dan. J.M. built the pipe, and Dan finished out the rustication. I may never smoke this pipe, as it is signed by both, and I anticipate it being a collectors item twenty years from now.

Lets Talk Boswell  - Page 8 DSC00151

Lets Talk Boswell  - Page 8 DSC00152
Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Moderator
Brewdude

Age : 66
Location : Arid-zona
Registration date : 2011-05-04

Lets Talk Boswell  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk Boswell    Lets Talk Boswell  - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 8:52 pm

Dutch wrote:
Here's my latest Boswell. A joint effort between J.M. and Dan. J.M. built the pipe, and Dan finished out the rustication. I may never smoke this pipe, as it is signed by both, and I anticipate it being a collectors item twenty years from now.

Lets Talk Boswell  - Page 8 DSC00151

Lets Talk Boswell  - Page 8 DSC00152

Huh?

That just begs to be smoked Dutch.

If you don't want to do the deed just send it to me!

drunken


Cheers,

RR

_________________
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin


Lets Talk Boswell  - Page 8 Purple11x 2Lets Talk Boswell  - Page 8 Bombx10  Lets Talk Boswell  - Page 8 Bombx7Lets Talk Boswell  - Page 8 D6bddf10 Lets Talk Boswell  - Page 8 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com
Dutch

Dutch

Age : 54
Location : On the road.......
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Lets Talk Boswell  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk Boswell    Lets Talk Boswell  - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 2:39 am

RR, I know it is crazy to some, but when I buy a pipe unsmoked, most of them go into my unsmoked rack and stay that way. On my birthday, I will usually select an unsmoked pipe to smoke. Otherwise, I tend to buy quality estates to smoke. I usuallyfind it difficult to set fire to an unsmoked briar, but I have no problem buying an estate and promptly setting fire to it after a good disinfecting.
Back to top Go down
Harlock999

Harlock999

Location : Los Angeles
Registration date : 2010-10-22

Lets Talk Boswell  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk Boswell    Lets Talk Boswell  - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 8:20 am

Dutch wrote:
RR, I know it is crazy to some, but when I buy a pipe unsmoked, most of them go into my unsmoked rack and stay that way. On my birthday, I will usually select an unsmoked pipe to smoke. Otherwise, I tend to buy quality estates to smoke. I usuallyfind it difficult to set fire to an unsmoked briar, but I have no problem buying an estate and promptly setting fire to it after a good disinfecting.

I'm the same way!
I have to kind of force myself to use unsmoked pipes...
Sometimes it's a good deterrent to spilling cash on something, as I can tell myself "you're never gonna smoke that!".
Back to top Go down
Dutch

Dutch

Age : 54
Location : On the road.......
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Lets Talk Boswell  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk Boswell    Lets Talk Boswell  - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 6:37 pm

Harlock999 wrote:
Dutch wrote:
RR, I know it is crazy to some, but when I buy a pipe unsmoked, most of them go into my unsmoked rack and stay that way. On my birthday, I will usually select an unsmoked pipe to smoke. Otherwise, I tend to buy quality estates to smoke. I usuallyfind it difficult to set fire to an unsmoked briar, but I have no problem buying an estate and promptly setting fire to it after a good disinfecting.

I'm the same way!
I have to kind of force myself to use unsmoked pipes...
Sometimes it's a good deterrent to spilling cash on something, as I can tell myself "you're never gonna smoke that!".

Ditto Harlock! When I find myself checking out the high grades, I get all pumped up, and then it hit's me, that it will just sit in the rack. In spite of this, some will make it to the unsmoked rack still! cheers
Back to top Go down
 
Lets Talk Boswell
Back to top 
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Similar topics
-
» The Guru // Looking For Staff // Lets Grow!
» No Critics here, It was a Settlement - But lets recap - What was asked by MC and DM and What we Got.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Photo Gallery-
Jump to: