HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Weirdest story of the day... (OK, month, mebbie)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Weirdest story of the day... (OK, month, mebbie)    Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:58 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
s.ireland

Registration date : 2010-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Weirdest story of the day... (OK, month, mebbie)    Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:46 pm

Best headline EVER. Period.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PipeLeisure

Registration date : 2011-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Weirdest story of the day... (OK, month, mebbie)    Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:53 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PipeLeisure?feature=mhee
RonA3597

Registration date : 2008-03-15

PostSubject: Best sports headline ever   Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:11 pm

DOGS TO PLAY COCKS WITH DICKS OUT

Here is the story:

http://catfishandcornbread.blogspot.com/2008/09/greatest-headline-in-history-of-sports.html

I submit this for consideration as the best sports headline ever!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doc Manhattan

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Weirdest story of the day... (OK, month, mebbie)    Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:58 pm

I will see that, and raise you this ornithological headline from National Geographic:
Flashier Great Tits Produce Stronger Sperm
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
Hermit

PostSubject: Re: Weirdest story of the day... (OK, month, mebbie)    Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:38 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
mark
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Weirdest story of the day... (OK, month, mebbie)    Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:35 pm

Must be a full moon

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Weirdest story of the day... (OK, month, mebbie)    Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:00 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
MartinH

Registration date : 2011-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Weirdest story of the day... (OK, month, mebbie)    Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:44 pm

Where do you guys find this stuff?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.pipereviews.org
Hermit

PostSubject: Re: Weirdest story of the day... (OK, month, mebbie)    Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:05 pm

MartinH wrote:

"It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World." Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Weirdest story of the day... (OK, month, mebbie)    Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:39 pm

Laughing until pain. Love my Brothers. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lestrade

Registration date : 2011-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Weirdest story of the day... (OK, month, mebbie)    Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:02 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Natch

Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Weirdest story of the day... (OK, month, mebbie)    Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:37 pm

MartinH wrote:

Where can I find that girl?!?

Natch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lesath

Registration date : 2011-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Weirdest story of the day... (OK, month, mebbie)    Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:10 pm

Years ago, there was a movie floating around titled, 'Fun On The Farm.' It sounds like some of the stars of that classic may have procreated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hermit

PostSubject: Re: Weirdest story of the day... (OK, month, mebbie)    Fri May 25, 2012 3:49 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doc Manhattan

PostSubject: Re: Weirdest story of the day... (OK, month, mebbie)    Fri May 25, 2012 10:18 am

That story isn't as weird as I imagined seeing the headline... I thought he'd passed a stone so large that it, uh, left him with no other option.

(I've seen some bad, bad stuff working the ICU. Let me tell you, you never want a urologist to have to try what he refers to as "tricks." That, brothers, is the stuff of nightmares.)
Back to top Go down
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Weirdest story of the day... (OK, month, mebbie)    Fri May 25, 2012 10:47 am

Self edit. It's just easier that way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rad Davis

Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Weirdest story of the day... (OK, month, mebbie)    Fri May 25, 2012 4:46 pm

Here's a weirder one than the badger story, and it's actually true:

http://www.france24.com/en/20120525-japanese-man-cooks-serves-own-genitals

Rad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://raddavispipes.com/pipes.htm
Hermit

PostSubject: Re: Weirdest story of the day... (OK, month, mebbie)    Fri May 25, 2012 6:24 pm

Rad Davis wrote:
Here's a weirder one...

You win! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cuervo25_1

Registration date : 2011-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Weirdest story of the day... (OK, month, mebbie)    Sat May 26, 2012 12:55 am

And I'm sick for eating Bambi, Thumper, And Baloo?! (there are other animals but none had disney names LOL)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Weirdest story of the day... (OK, month, mebbie)    Sat May 26, 2012 1:03 am

Rad Davis wrote:
Here's a weirder one than the badger story, and it's actually true:

http://www.france24.com/en/20120525-japanese-man-cooks-serves-own-genitals

Rad

Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doc Manhattan

PostSubject: Re: Weirdest story of the day... (OK, month, mebbie)    Sat May 26, 2012 9:49 am

I think I can guess what the soup course was.

And was there dessert?

(Yes, my sense of humor still lives on a fourth-grade playground... why do you ask?)
Back to top Go down
Hermit

PostSubject: Re: Weirdest story of the day... (OK, month, mebbie)    Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:30 pm

Florida man dies after winning roach-eating contest
(CNN) -- A 32-year-old man downed dozens of roaches and worms to win a python at a Florida reptile store, then collapsed and died outside minutes later.
Edward Archbold was among 20 to 30 contestants participating in Friday night's "Midnight Madness" event at Ben Siegel Reptiles in Deerfield Beach, authorities said.
The participants' goal: consume as many insects and worms as they could to take home a $850 python.
Archbold swallowed roach after roach, worm after worm. While the store didn't say exactly how many Archbold consumed, the owner told CNN affiliate WPLG that he was "the life of the party."
"He really made our night more fun," Ben Siegel told the station.
Soon after the contest was over, Archbold fell ill and began to vomit, the Broward County Sheriff's Office said Monday.
A friend called for medical help. Then, Archbold himself dialed 911, the store said in a Facebook post.
Eventually, he fell to the ground outside the store, the sheriff's office said. An ambulance took him to North Broward Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.
The Broward Medical Examiner's Office conducted an autopsy and are awaiting test results to determine the cause of his death.
No other contestant fell ill, the sheriff's office said.
"Very saddened by this. I mean, it was a shock," Siegel told WPLG. "Eddie was a very nice guy. We just met him that night, but everybody that works here was very fond of him."
Luke Lirot, who says he is legally representing the store, said in a post on the store's Facebook page that all participants "signed thorough waivers accepting responsibility for their participation in this unique and unorthodox contest."
"The consumption of insects is widely accepted throughout the world, and the insects presented as part of the contest were taken from an inventory of insects that are safely and domestically raised in a controlled environment as food for reptiles," Lirot said.
In the wild, cockroaches are scavengers that pick up various bacterial organisms such as salmonella while walking through spoiled food, the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene explains on its website.
Cockroaches themselves don't transmit disease, though "many disease-causing organisms can grow and multiply in their guts and can then be deposited ... during defecation."
Pharaoh Gayles was one of those who took part in the contest. He explained his reasoning to CNN affiliate WPTV.
"Some of the snakes were pretty expensive," he said. "I thought if I could eat the bugs to get one, it'd be a good idea."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
christeaux

Registration date : 2011-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Weirdest story of the day... (OK, month, mebbie)    Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:59 pm

All I have to say is that if you play stupid games you win stupid prizes, I have never used that phrase literally though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hermit

PostSubject: Re: Weirdest story of the day... (OK, month, mebbie)    Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:57 pm

'Cannibal' Cop Plotted to Eat 100 Women
Quote :
A New York City police officer who allegedly planned to kidnap, cook and eat as many 100 women has been arrested following a joint NYPD and FBI investigation.

Gilberto Valle III, of Forest Hills, Queens, was charged with one count of conspiracy to commit kidnapping, according to a federal criminal complaint, as well was using the National Crime Information Center database to access unauthorized data.

The complaint alleges that Valle, 28, exchanged electronic messages with an unnamed coconspirator "about kidnapping, cooking and eating body parts of [Victim 1]."

The complaint alleges that in addition to conspiring to kidnap "Victim 1," he had discussed plans to "kidnap, rape, torture, kill, cook and eat body parts of a number of women." He had allegedly created computer files pertaining to "at least 100 women and containing at least one photograph of each woman." According to the complaint, he used law enforcement databases to conduct surveillance on potential victims.

In an alleged on-line exchange between Valle and a coconspirator included in the complaint, Valle is quoted saying, "I was thinking of tying her body onto some kind of apparatus . . . cook her over a low heat, keep her alive as long as possible."

"I love that she is asleep right now not have the slightest clue of what we have planned," Valle allegedly wrote. "Her days are numbered . . . She does look tasty, doesn't she?"

"You do know if we don't waste any of her, there is nearly 75 lbs of food there," replied the alleged coconspirator, who also allegedly asked Valle, "What's your favorite cut of meat?"

When the alleged coconspirator asked Valle, "How big is your oven?", Valle is alleged to have responded, "Big enough to fit one of these girls if I folded their legs."

"The allegations in the complaint really need no description from us," said FBI Acting Assistant Director Mary E. Galligan. "They speak for themselves. It would be an understatement merely to say Valle's own words and actions were shocking."

Preet Bharara, U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York, said the investigation is ongoing. "Gilberto Valle's alleged plans to kidnap women so that they could be raped, tortured, killed, cooked and cannibalized shock the conscience," said Bharara. "This case is all the more disturbing when you consider Valle's position as a New York City police officer and his sworn duty to serve and protect."
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Weirdest story of the day... (OK, month, mebbie)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next