HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Weirdest story of the day... (OK, month, mebbie)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Weirdest story of the day... (OK, month, mebbie)    Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:25 pm

That reminds me of a news story I read down here a while back, actually. The city police made an announcement that they would no longer be hiring people with either criminal records or psychiatric troubles as officers. Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mark
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Weirdest story of the day... (OK, month, mebbie)    Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:20 pm

MisterE wrote:
That reminds me of a news story I read down here a while back, actually. The city police made an announcement that they would no longer be hiring people with either criminal records or psychiatric troubles as officers. Shocked

Well good for them, no more handing out applications at the psych ward, or holding job fairs for the inmates. Sheeeesh.

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
taharris

Registration date : 2011-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Weirdest story of the day... (OK, month, mebbie)    Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:34 pm

Truth really is stranger than fiction.

You just can't make this shit up. Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.wix.com/taharris/turningsbytodd
Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Weirdest story of the day... (OK, month, mebbie)    Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:59 am

Joao Maria De Souza, Brazilian Man, Killed By Cow That Fell Through Bedroom Roof
A Brazilian man died due to injuries sustained when a cow fell through the roof of his bedroom while he was sleeping.

Joao Maria de Souza and his wife, Leni were asleep in bed when the 3,000 pound cow crashed through the roof, reports the Telegraph. The cow is believed to have escaped from a nearby farm, then walked onto the roof which abuts a steep hillside. Unable to support the load, the roof caved in, at which point the bovine fell 8 feet onto de Souza's side of the bed.

While his wife and the animal were fine, de Souza suffered a fractured leg and was taken to the hospital. After spending several hours at the hospital, the 45-year-old Brazilian passed away, likely a result of internal bleeding.

"Being crushed by a cow in your bed is the last way you expect to leave this earth," de Souza's brother told Hoje em Dia, a Brazilian newspaper, in a translation provided by the Telegraph. "But in my view it wasn't the cow that killed our Joao, it was the unacceptable time he spent waiting to be examined."

Contacted by SuperCanal, a Brazilian TV station, the hospital denied any wrongdoing and maintained de Souza received adequate care.

According to the Daily Mail, De Souza's mother, Maria, told SuperCanal: "I didn't bring my son up to be killed by a falling cow. He nearly died when he was two and got meningitis, but I worked hard to buy medicines for him and he survived."

"And now he's lying in his bed and gets crushed to death by a cow," she continued. "There's no justice in the world."

Per Hoje em Dia, the owner of the cow has yet to be identified, but may face charges related to de Souza's death.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alfredo_buscatti

Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Weirdest story of the day... (OK, month, mebbie)    Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:06 am

And here I thought my life was bizarre. . .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Weirdest story of the day... (OK, month, mebbie)    Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:46 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Weirdest story of the day... (OK, month, mebbie)    Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:01 pm

And now this-

http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2013/07/30/dog-eats-paralyzed-mans-testicle-as-he-sleeps/

Dog Eats Paralyzed Man’s Testicle As He Sleeps
July 30, 2013 8:55 PM
Share on email 1.4K
View Comments
A paralyzed Arkansas man awoke to find blood on the muzzle of his dog and a “burning pain” in his mid-section, and according to the police report: “the dog had eaten one of his testicles.” (Photo by Spencer Platt/Getty Images)

A paralyzed Arkansas man awoke to find blood on the muzzle of his dog and a “burning pain” in his mid-section, and according to the police report: “the dog had eaten one of his testicles.” (Photo by Spencer Platt/Getty Images)
Filed under
News
Related tags
adopted dog, euthanized, KAIT8, paralyzed man, St. Bernard's Regional Hospital, testicle

TRUMANN, Ark. (CBS Atlanta) – A paralyzed Arkansas man awoke to find blood on the muzzle of his dog and a “burning pain” in his mid-section, and according to the police report: “the dog had eaten one of his testicles.”

The 39-year-old Trumann, Ark. man, who is paralyzed from the waist down, had recently adopted the “small, white, fluffy” stray dog in hopes of having a loving companion, reports KAIT8.com. The man said the newly-adopted animal bit off one of his testicles while he was sleeping naked around 7:45 a.m. on Monday.

The man, who has not been identified, was taken to St. Bernard’s Regional Hospital for treatment to his injuries.

The dog, however, was euthanized and had the remains tested for rabies by a local veterinarian.

There is no word as to whether the dog tested positive for the disease. The man’s condition is not not known.

affraid 

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Briar Spirit

Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Weirdest story of the day... (OK, month, mebbie)    Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:23 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hermit

PostSubject: Re: Weirdest story of the day... (OK, month, mebbie)    Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:21 am

Iranian Man Goes Without a Bath for 60 Years –
Not much point cleanin' his pipe.   lol! 

An Iranian man has broken the world record for the number of years spent without bathing.
He spent the last 60 years without a bath. The Iranian News Agency (IRNA) recently published
pictures of the 80 year old man.

In its report, the agency noted that the man, Amoo Hadji, lives in the village of Dezhgah
in the Dehram district of Fars province in Iran.

The man eats dead animals, and his most prized possession is his pipe,
which is 3 inches in diameter, in which he smokes animal dung. Amoo Hadji
lives in a stone shack built for him by his neighbours and he rests in a hole in
the ground resembling a grave.

The news agency also noted that when he feels cold, he wears a helmet and
lights up several cigarettes at a time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Weirdest story of the day... (OK, month, mebbie)    Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:20 am

Hermit wrote:
The man eats dead animals, and his most prized possession is his pipe, which is 3 inches in diameter, in which he smokes animal dung... lives in a stone shack...he rests in a hole in the ground resembling a grave...when he feels cold, he wears a helmet and

They left out the part about the psychoactive properties of the special dung he smokes, and that he keeps Inna Godda Davida constantly playing on repeat on his ipad.

Gives new meaning to Crusty Old Dude  Shocked 

LordTemplar

Registration date : 2014-01-16

PostSubject: Yuck   Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:24 am

Dung huh.  Maybe that is the secret to his living 60 years without a bath. His pipe looks like an clay elbow for a sewage system.

Hermit wrote:
Iranian Man Goes Without a Bath for 60 Years –
Not much point cleanin' his pipe.   lol! 

An Iranian man has broken the world record for the number of years spent without bathing.
He spent the last 60 years without a bath. The Iranian News Agency (IRNA) recently published
pictures of the 80 year old man.

In its report, the agency noted that the man, Amoo Hadji, lives in the village of Dezhgah
in the Dehram district of Fars province in Iran.

The man eats dead animals, and his most prized possession is his pipe,
which is 3 inches in diameter, in which he smokes animal dung. Amoo Hadji
lives in a stone shack built for him by his neighbours and he rests in a hole in
the ground resembling a grave.

The news agency also noted that when he feels cold, he wears a helmet and
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Weirdest story of the day... (OK, month, mebbie)    Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:59 am

I can see that pipe as potential eBay material.  I'd hope the eventual seller has the honesty to mention that it is slightly ghosted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Weirdest story of the day... (OK, month, mebbie)    Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:36 pm

Richard Burley wrote:
I can see that pipe as potential eBay material.  I'd hope the eventual seller has the honesty to mention that it is slightly ghosted.

lol! 

Hermit

PostSubject: Re: Weirdest story of the day... (OK, month, mebbie)    Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:14 am

http://abc13.com/news/two-die-trying-to-recover-cell-phone-from-toilet-/104996/
TWO DIE TRYING TO RECOVER CELL PHONE FROM TOILET

Quote :
KTRK
Monday, June 09, 2014
XINXIANG CITY, China (KTRK) -- A cellphone dropped into a public toilet led to the deaths of two people and several injuries following a strange series of events.

According to the South China Morning Post, a woman visiting with her husband's family in Xinxiang City, China went to use the public open-pit toilet. She then accidently dropped her brand new $320 cellphone into the sewage-filled hole.

The woman called for her husband, who jumped into the pit to try and recover his wife's cellphone. The paper reports the man was quickly overwhelmed by the stench of human waste and lost consciousness.

The woman's mother-in-law then jumped into the toilet to try and save her son. She quickly lost consciousness.

The woman who originally dropped the cellphone then jumped in to try to save both her husband and mother-in-law. She also passed out from the fumes.

The woman's father-in-law then called for help before he too jumped into the pit and passed out in the knee-deep sewage.

The paper reports villagers then finally came to the rescue. One villager immediately passed out from the stench. Other villagers used a rope and took turns going into the pit, pulling a total of six people out.

The paper reports the husband and mother-in-law, who were the first two to go down into the toilet, died at the hospital from suffocation. The other victims are recovering in an intensive care unit.

Villagers estimate the victims were in the pit for no more than five minutes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Weirdest story of the day... (OK, month, mebbie)    Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:20 am

I... Never mind. Self edit some more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hermit

PostSubject: Re: Weirdest story of the day... (OK, month, mebbie)    Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:05 am

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-28437829
India doctors remove 232 teeth from boy's mouth
Quote :
Doctors in India have extracted 232 teeth from the mouth of a 17-year-old boy in a seven-hour operation.
Ashik Gavai was brought in with a swelling in his right jaw, Dr Sunanda Dhiware, head of Mumbai's JJ Hospital's dental department, told the BBC.
The teenager had been suffering for 18 months and travelled to the city from his village after local doctors failed to identify the cause of the problem.
Doctors have described his condition as "very rare" and "a world record".
'Small white pearls'
"Ashik's malaise was diagnosed as a complex composite odontoma where a single gum forms lots of teeth. It's a sort of benign tumour," Dr Dhiware said.
"At first, we couldn't cut it out so we had to use the basic chisel and hammer to take it out.
"Once we opened it, little pearl-like teeth started coming out, one-by-one. Initially, we were collecting them, they were really like small white pearls. But then we started to get tired. We counted 232 teeth," she added.
The surgery, conducted on Monday, involved two surgeons and two assistants. Ashik now has 28 teeth.
Describing Ashik's case as "very rare", Dr Dhiware said she had "not seen anything like this before in my 30-year career", but said she was "thrilled to get such an exciting case".
"According to medical literature available on the condition, it is known to affect the upper jaw and a maximum of 37 teeth have been extracted from the tumour in the past. But in Ashik's case, the tumour was found deep in the lower jaw and it had hundreds of teeth."
Ashik's father Suresh Gavai was quoted by the Mumbai Mirror as saying that his son complained of severe pain a month ago.
"I was worried that it may turn out to be cancer so I brought him to Mumbai," he said.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
i.keenum

Registration date : 2011-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Weirdest story of the day... (OK, month, mebbie)    Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:40 am

pale 

Holy god that had to hurt, imagine big lump of teeth growing on the side of your head.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ian.keenum@gmail.com
Hermit

PostSubject: Re: Weirdest story of the day... (OK, month, mebbie)    Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:24 pm

Cow herd kills German woman hiker in Austria

Quote :
VIENNA (AP) — Police say a herd of cows attacked and killed a German woman hiking through their fenced-in pasture after apparently being riled by the sight of her leashed dog.
They said Tuesday the 45-year old victim was rushed by about 20 cows and their calves. Attempts by an emergency crew to revive her were unsuccessful.
The attack occurred Monday on a mountain pasture in Austria's Tyrol province. The woman's name was not released, in accordance with Austrian confidentiality rules.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/article-2709254/Cow-herd-kills-German-woman-hiker-Austria.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaitlyn3837

Registration date : 2013-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Weirdest story of the day... (OK, month, mebbie)    Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:38 am

Hermit, you definitely find the strangest news stories! OUCH, to the teeth inside the jaw like that! But this thread gave me the laugh I needed to get my day started, so thank you for that!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RobJ

Registration date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Weirdest story of the day... (OK, month, mebbie)    Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:27 pm

Richard Burley wrote:

I can't stop laughing over this one. LOL  cheers 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hermit

PostSubject: Re: Weirdest story of the day... (OK, month, mebbie)    Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:59 pm

Cobra bites, kills chef after head cut off
Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2014/08/cobra-bites-kills-chef-after-head-cut-off/#8m0DfKA5APWIIuQX.99
Quote :
A chef preparing a meal of cobra flesh has died after the snake bit him some 20 minutes after the reptile’s head had been cut off.

The bizarre incident took place in Foshan, Guangdong province, in southern China, as chef Peng Fan was preparing a rare delicacy with an Indochinese spitting cobra.

When the cook went to toss the serpent’s severed head into the trash, the snake bit him, injecting him with its neurotoxic venom.

Local police say Peng died at the hospital before he could be given life-saving antivenin.

Chinese media quoted diners at Feng’s restaurant who suspected there was a problem when they heard screams emanate from the kitchen.

“We were in the restaurant having a meal for my wife’s birthday when suddenly there was a lot of commotion,” recounted restaurant guest Lin Sun, 44, who was dining with his wife Su at the time.

“We did not know what was happening but could hear screams coming from the kitchen.

“There were calls for a doctor in the restaurant but unfortunately by the time medical assistance arrived the man had already died. After we heard that we did not continue with our meal.”

A police spokesman noted: “It is a highly unusual case but it appears to be just an accident. He prepared the snake himself and was just unlucky.

“There was nothing that could be done to save the man. Only the antivenin could have helped but this was not given in time. It was just a tragic accident.”

Yang Hong-chang, a snake expert who has spent 40 years studying cobras, told reporters all reptiles can function for up to an hour after losing body parts, or even their entire body.

“It is perfectly possible that the head remained alive and bit Peng’s hand,” he said.

“By the time a snake has lost its head, it’s effectively dead as basic body functions have ceased, but there is still some reflexive action.”

“It means snakes have the capability of biting and injecting venom even after the head has been severed.”

WARNING: See graphic video of a cobra continuing to bite even after its head is severed:

Eating snakes is nothing new for residents of the Guangdong province, as they’ve been enjoying it for centuries in soup, as well as in Chinese medicine, a it’s believed snake meat can cure illnesses.

With a concept of “what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger,” locals think the more poisonous the delicacy, the more beneficial it is to the body.

One Chinese resident said: “Snake meat is really good for us. It is not so easy to get and is expensive but it has spectacular health benefits.”

“I have never heard any cases of a dead snake killing anyone, especially not in the kitchen.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hermit

PostSubject: Re: Weirdest story of the day... (OK, month, mebbie)    Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:27 am

WYOMING MAN FOUND WITH 30 EYEBALLS IN HIS ANAL CAVITY
Quote :
Police made a routine traffic stop early Thursday morning and got more than they bargained for when Roy Tilbott, 51, stepped out of his El Camino for a field sobriety test and Casper police noticed several eyeballs slide from his right pant leg onto the road.

Feeling they could have a potential murderer on their hands, police quickly drew guns and cuffed Tilbott.

Tilbott assured police the eyeballs were not human, but instead cow eyeballs he had pilfered from Johnson Meats (a slaughterhouse) where Tilbott is employed as a butcher.

“Company won’t let us take animal scraps home and instead toss them in the landfill,” Tilbott said in the police report. “They’re a very wasteful company. We should be allowed to take scrap meat and other parts home. The company should start a green initiative. They don’t even have recycling at the plant.”

Tilbott explained his actions:  “I enjoy eating bovine eyeballs and smuggling them out in my colon was the only way I knew how to get them out without potentially getting caught and fired.”

Tilbott told police he estimates he has smuggled several thousand eyeballs from the plant over the past few months.

“I put them in soups,” Tilbott said in the police report. “They’re beneficial for erectile dysfunction, which I currently battle, but I also just like the texture and taste.”

Tilbott was arrested for driving under the influence, his BAC two times higher than the legal limit, plus he was in possession of several large carving knives possibly stolen from the meat packing plant, but Tilbott has not been charged with theft as police need to further investigate to determine who the knives belong to.

Police are also unsure whether to charge Tilbott with theft for the bovine eyeballs. They are waiting to talk with Tilbott’s employer first.
http://crazed.com/wyoming-man-eyeballs-in-cavity/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Weirdest story of the day... (OK, month, mebbie)    Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:30 am

Hermit wrote:
WYOMING MAN FOUND WITH 30 EYEBALLS IN HIS ANAL CAVITY
Quote :
Police made a routine traffic stop early Thursday morning and got more than they bargained for when Roy Tilbott, 51, stepped out of his El Camino for a field sobriety test and Casper police noticed several eyeballs slide from his right pant leg onto the road.

Feeling they could have a potential murderer on their hands, police quickly drew guns and cuffed Tilbott.

Tilbott assured police the eyeballs were not human, but instead cow eyeballs he had pilfered from Johnson Meats (a slaughterhouse) where Tilbott is employed as a butcher.

“Company won’t let us take animal scraps home and instead toss them in the landfill,” Tilbott said in the police report. “They’re a very wasteful company. We should be allowed to take scrap meat and other parts home. The company should start a green initiative. They don’t even have recycling at the plant.”

Tilbott explained his actions:  “I enjoy eating bovine eyeballs and smuggling them out in my colon was the only way I knew how to get them out without potentially getting caught and fired.”

Tilbott told police he estimates he has smuggled several thousand eyeballs from the plant over the past few months.

“I put them in soups,” Tilbott said in the police report. “They’re beneficial for erectile dysfunction, which I currently battle, but I also just like the texture and taste.”

Tilbott was arrested for driving under the influence, his BAC two times higher than the legal limit, plus he was in possession of several large carving knives possibly stolen from the meat packing plant, but Tilbott has not been charged with theft as police need to further investigate to determine who the knives belong to.

Police are also unsure whether to charge Tilbott with theft for the bovine eyeballs. They are waiting to talk with Tilbott’s employer first.
http://crazed.com/wyoming-man-eyeballs-in-cavity/

I wonder how long it took him to work his way up to 30? "no pun intended"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Weirdest story of the day... (OK, month, mebbie)    Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:36 pm

Driving an El Camino? Man, that guy is really weird.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Weirdest story of the day... (OK, month, mebbie)    Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:13 pm

Obviously, despite my travels, I live an extremely sheltered life.

I really must try to get out more.....................

Or activate the laser trip lines and mines.................
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online

Weirdest story of the day... (OK, month, mebbie)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next