HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

High-school relic and the Danish Thrift.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

High-school relic and the Danish Thrift. Empty
PostSubject: High-school relic and the Danish Thrift.   High-school relic and the Danish Thrift. EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 7:31 pm

Top: Danish Thrift--just says "HANDMADE DENMARK" then on the other side "IMPORTED BRIAR" Smokes great, nice and cool, great cake. There's probably better out there, but not for $2. No idea how old this is.

Bottom: My Dr. Grabow Lark from now-deceased Lloyd. Got it when I was 16, still have it. Feels like a damn toy when I smoke it, I almost expect bubbles to come out. Smokes hot and bitey, just like a tiny cheap pipe should. Probably from the 1960's. I don't know.

High-school relic and the Danish Thrift. 6160247147_6a72f971c7_b

Sorry, they're all I have for now.

Taking donations for anyone who has homeless pipes. Razz

Back to top Go down
Harlock999

Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: High-school relic and the Danish Thrift.   High-school relic and the Danish Thrift. EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 11:24 pm

Cool pic, and nice reading material! I like the light and shade.
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: High-school relic and the Danish Thrift.   High-school relic and the Danish Thrift. EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 12:39 am

Harlock999 wrote:
Cool pic, and nice reading material! I like the light and shade.

Thanks! I figured each pipe reminded me of certain literary periods, plus the Dickens book just looks nifty on the spine-side. In high school, Burgess got me through a tough time, and that was far before I was able to find the movie to watch--little did I know my pipe could have been better. Smile

PS, I'm no stranger to Anime myself, Captain Harlock (I think my old tapes said "Herlock") was a fun one to watch, too!

Back to top Go down
Harlock999

Harlock999

PostSubject: Re: High-school relic and the Danish Thrift.   High-school relic and the Danish Thrift. EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 12:17 am

Kyle Weiss wrote:
PS, I'm no stranger to Anime myself, Captain Harlock (I think my old tapes said "Herlock") was a fun one to watch, too!

I love Leiji Matsumoto's work. Harlock, Emeraldas, 999, they're all classics. I guess "Harlock" and "Herlock" have been used interchangeably since the 70's, but I think I see the latter used mostly on the Euro releases of the old cartoons.
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: High-school relic and the Danish Thrift.   High-school relic and the Danish Thrift. EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 11:55 am

Harlock999 wrote:
Kyle Weiss wrote:

I love Leiji Matsumoto's work. Harlock, Emeraldas, 999, they're all classics. I guess "Harlock" and "Herlock" have been used interchangeably since the 70's, but I think I see the latter used mostly on the Euro releases of the old cartoons.

I started watching 999 because of the punk band of the same name of the same rough era (late 70's?) --- they have nothing in common but the name! Razz
Back to top Go down
Harlock999

Harlock999

PostSubject: Re: High-school relic and the Danish Thrift.   High-school relic and the Danish Thrift. EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 11:19 pm

"Homicide", a great song!
The Clash had a song called "London's Burning" which goes "London's burning with boredom now, London's burning, call 9-9-9". It's the English version of 9-1-1, apparently.
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: High-school relic and the Danish Thrift.   High-school relic and the Danish Thrift. EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 12:51 am

Harlock999 wrote:
"Homicide", a great song!
The Clash had a song called "London's Burning" which goes "London's burning with boredom now, London's burning, call 9-9-9". It's the English version of 9-1-1, apparently.

I'm not a numerologist, nor should I be but... what does it all mean? Basketball *shrug*

Good songs, both of 'em. Cool
Back to top Go down

High-school relic and the Danish Thrift.
Page 1 of 1