HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Greetings!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
joshoowah

Registration date : 2011-09-24

PostSubject: Greetings!   Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:58 am

Hello all!

My name is Joshua, as if you didn't know from the username, and I am from Athens, Alabama. I am currently living, however, in Kentucky while I attend seminary. Some of my favorite tobacco blends are Shortcut to Mushrooms, Squadron Leader, and Frog Morton. I have around 26 pipes but plan on trimming some off in order to buy more of a specific brand. My main pipe interest are that of Caminetto, new and old. Lastly, I am twenty-five years old and engaged.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Greetings!   Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:04 am

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Greetings!   Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:38 am

Welcome, Joshua! I hope you enjoy your time here.

"T"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
s.ireland

Registration date : 2010-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Greetings!   Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:54 am

Welcome to the forum, Joshua! Looking forward to chatting with you and congrats on your engagement cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Greetings!   Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:14 am

Howdy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joshoowah

PostSubject: Re: Greetings!   Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:44 am

s.ireland wrote:
Welcome to the forum, Joshua! Looking forward to chatting with you and congrats on your engagement cheers

Thank you, sir!

I look forward to getting to know each of you in some form or fashion. I have used your forum as a source, among others, for various things so I figured I would join and see what this community was about.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boulder

Registration date : 2011-08-29

PostSubject: The Welcome Wagon   Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:30 pm

Hello and Welcome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lesath

Registration date : 2011-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Greetings!   Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:56 am

Joshua, welcome to the forum.

Somehow seeing you are in Seminary I thing of two things tobacco and pipe related; Presbyterian Mixture and the old movie "The Quiet Man," and the theological character Ward Bond played.

Warning: Sometimes early mornings with a pipe and coffee cause aberrations in thoughts...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mike_68

Registration date : 2011-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Greetings!   Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:07 am

Good day and welcome Joshua....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joshoowah

PostSubject: Re: Greetings!   Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:41 pm

Lesath wrote:

Somehow seeing you are in Seminary I thing of two things tobacco and pipe related; Presbyterian Mixture and the old movie "The Quiet Man," and the theological character Ward Bond played.

Warning: Sometimes early mornings with a pipe and coffee cause aberrations in thoughts...

I have yet to try Presbyterian but have expressed interest in it and "The Quiet Man" is a good movie! I'm afraid, however, the two Christians who have inspired me to pipe smoking were J.R.R. Tolkien and C.S. Lewis.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Greetings!   Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:09 pm

joshoowah wrote:
Lesath wrote:

I have yet to try Presbyterian but have expressed interest in it and "The Quiet Man" is a good movie! I'm afraid, however, the two Christians who have inspired me to pipe smoking were J.R.R. Tolkien and C.S. Lewis.

Welcome from Maryland! I recently read a quote by CS Lewis: "A pipe gives a wise man a time to think, a fool to put something in his mouth". Since reading that, I've aspired to be in the former group...

Good luck with your studies. I can picture a minister having a contemplative smoke as he readies the sermon for the coming week. (my grandfather was a Church of God minister for over 50 years, but not a pipe smoker)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joshoowah

PostSubject: Re: Greetings!   Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:14 pm

riff raff wrote:
joshoowah wrote:
Lesath wrote:

Welcome from Maryland! I recently read a quote by CS Lewis: "A pipe gives a wise man a time to think, a fool to put something in his mouth". Since reading that, I've aspired to be in the former group...

Good luck with your studies. I can picture a minister having a contemplative smoke as he readies the sermon for the coming week. (my grandfather was a Church of God minister for over 50 years, but not a pipe smoker)

I know the quote well Smile. There are a few times a week that I can be spotted outside the local coffee shop with a book and pipe in hand preparing for a Bible assignment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flytyer

Registration date : 2009-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Greetings!   Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:24 pm

Welcome to BoB
Back to top Go down
View user profile
homewaters1

Registration date : 2011-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Greetings!   Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:14 am

Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://flic.kr/ps/DJEUk
PipeLeisure

Registration date : 2011-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Greetings!   Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:09 pm

Welcome buddy, I am aslo a lover of Caminetto Pipes. Look forward to your post.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PipeLeisure?feature=mhee

Greetings!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Welcome Wagon-
Jump to: