HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Caminetto 'Red Briar' KS and Butz Choquin Bruyere Plus #160

Go down 
AuthorMessage
joshoowah

joshoowah

Registration date : 2011-09-24

Caminetto 'Red Briar' KS and Butz Choquin Bruyere Plus #160 Empty
PostSubject: Caminetto 'Red Briar' KS and Butz Choquin Bruyere Plus #160   Caminetto 'Red Briar' KS and Butz Choquin Bruyere Plus #160 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 12:02 am

Caminetto 'Red Briar' KS

This was a nice find of mine not that long ago.

Caminetto 'Red Briar' KS and Butz Choquin Bruyere Plus #160 CaminettoRedBriar7Caminetto 'Red Briar' KS and Butz Choquin Bruyere Plus #160 CaminettoRedBriar3Caminetto 'Red Briar' KS and Butz Choquin Bruyere Plus #160 CaminettoRedBriar2
Caminetto 'Red Briar' KS and Butz Choquin Bruyere Plus #160 CaminettoRedBriar6Caminetto 'Red Briar' KS and Butz Choquin Bruyere Plus #160 CaminettoRedBriar5Caminetto 'Red Briar' KS and Butz Choquin Bruyere Plus #160 CaminettoRedBriar4
Caminetto 'Red Briar' KS and Butz Choquin Bruyere Plus #160 CaminettoRedBriar

Butz Choquin Bruyere Plus #160

I have had this for about a year now. It is one of the nicer BC's I have ever seen honestly. It has a nice band, beautiful rustication, and great shape.

Caminetto 'Red Briar' KS and Butz Choquin Bruyere Plus #160 ButzPipe6Caminetto 'Red Briar' KS and Butz Choquin Bruyere Plus #160 ButzPipe5Caminetto 'Red Briar' KS and Butz Choquin Bruyere Plus #160 ButzPipe4Caminetto 'Red Briar' KS and Butz Choquin Bruyere Plus #160 ButzPipe3Caminetto 'Red Briar' KS and Butz Choquin Bruyere Plus #160 ButzPipe2Caminetto 'Red Briar' KS and Butz Choquin Bruyere Plus #160 ButzPipe1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tim_Haggerty

Tim_Haggerty

Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Caminetto 'Red Briar' KS and Butz Choquin Bruyere Plus #160   Caminetto 'Red Briar' KS and Butz Choquin Bruyere Plus #160 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 1:33 am

Great Bowls. That's an exceptional Butz, they generally don't catch my eye.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Hester
Author of "My Love My Pipe"
Richard Hester

Registration date : 2009-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Caminetto 'Red Briar' KS and Butz Choquin Bruyere Plus #160   Caminetto 'Red Briar' KS and Butz Choquin Bruyere Plus #160 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 1:21 pm

I love both of the pipes. I give them 3 cheers
Best Regards
Richard
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://charlesrhesterjr@aol.com.com
riff raff

riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Caminetto 'Red Briar' KS and Butz Choquin Bruyere Plus #160   Caminetto 'Red Briar' KS and Butz Choquin Bruyere Plus #160 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 2:18 pm

I looked at a very nice Caminetto Rhodesian with a silver band today in PA, priced under $200. Is the mustache logo stem Caminetto from their older line?

How does yours smoke?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boulder

Boulder

Registration date : 2011-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Caminetto 'Red Briar' KS and Butz Choquin Bruyere Plus #160   Caminetto 'Red Briar' KS and Butz Choquin Bruyere Plus #160 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 2:30 pm

Nice Caminetto!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joshoowah

joshoowah

PostSubject: Re: Caminetto 'Red Briar' KS and Butz Choquin Bruyere Plus #160   Caminetto 'Red Briar' KS and Butz Choquin Bruyere Plus #160 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 8:22 pm

riff raff wrote:
I looked at a very nice Caminetto Rhodesian with a silver band today in PA, priced under $200. Is the mustache logo stem Caminetto from their older line?

How does yours smoke?

The mustache changed a couple of times during the tenure of Radice/Ascorti being apart of the brand. This particular one is of the "Prestige Series" probably from around mid-70s, which is why the mustache is thicker. Generally the thinner the mustache on the stem, the older it is. Though I have seen Prestige Series and Excellence series Caminetto's that all have thicker mustaches. It is the white, thick mustaches that are from 86 onward (under Peppino's son, Roberto). Also, I have yet to smoke this one. I've had a hard time determining if I should since I found it unsmoked after all these years. I have another Prestige series I'll post at a later date that is unsmoked too.

The Rhodesian you found, what did the mustache look like? Under $200 seems like a decent enough deal if it is older.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joshoowah

joshoowah

PostSubject: Re: Caminetto 'Red Briar' KS and Butz Choquin Bruyere Plus #160   Caminetto 'Red Briar' KS and Butz Choquin Bruyere Plus #160 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 8:23 pm

Tim_Haggerty wrote:
Great Bowls. That's an exceptional Butz, they generally don't catch my eye.

Nor mine. Butz's typically are just unfavorable to me, but when I saw this one I pounced like a lioness on her prey.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riff raff

riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Caminetto 'Red Briar' KS and Butz Choquin Bruyere Plus #160   Caminetto 'Red Briar' KS and Butz Choquin Bruyere Plus #160 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 9:36 pm

The logo was thick, but white, does that indicate anything? I don't recall the number.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joshoowah

joshoowah

PostSubject: Re: Caminetto 'Red Briar' KS and Butz Choquin Bruyere Plus #160   Caminetto 'Red Briar' KS and Butz Choquin Bruyere Plus #160 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 10:30 pm

riff raff wrote:
The logo was thick, but white, does that indicate anything? I don't recall the number.

It is a new-era Caminetto (86 onward). Caminetto with Davoli, Ascorti, and Radice closed around 1980 after Radice and Ascorti jumped ship. It would be reopened under Peppino Ascorti's son, Robert, which is why there still are Caminetto's today. I've smoked both and owned both era's and can tell little difference. Some say there is a difference though. Still under $200 for a newer Caminetto is decent enough depending on the style (is it smooth or rusticated?).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeno Marx

Zeno Marx

Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Caminetto 'Red Briar' KS and Butz Choquin Bruyere Plus #160   Caminetto 'Red Briar' KS and Butz Choquin Bruyere Plus #160 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 10:48 pm

Should make this a Caminetto photo thread. I like looking at all older makes of Caminetto. Still fun to see Businesses.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Caminetto 'Red Briar' KS and Butz Choquin Bruyere Plus #160   Caminetto 'Red Briar' KS and Butz Choquin Bruyere Plus #160 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 11:55 pm

Cool red pipe. That unusual Caminetto stem profile is kind of starting to grow on me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BuckeyeBoy34

Registration date : 2012-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Caminetto 'Red Briar' KS and Butz Choquin Bruyere Plus #160   Caminetto 'Red Briar' KS and Butz Choquin Bruyere Plus #160 EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 1:12 pm

I ve never owned a Caminetto but I love their look and in time will have to get one. So I guess you could say I have Caminetto envy and the BC aint bad either. A couple of really nice pipes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joshoowah

joshoowah

PostSubject: Re: Caminetto 'Red Briar' KS and Butz Choquin Bruyere Plus #160   Caminetto 'Red Briar' KS and Butz Choquin Bruyere Plus #160 EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 1:34 pm

BuckeyeBoy34 wrote:
I ve never owned a Caminetto but I love their look and in time will have to get one. So I guess you could say I have Caminetto envy and the BC aint bad either. A couple of really nice pipes.

The Red Briar is on sale right now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Caminetto 'Red Briar' KS and Butz Choquin Bruyere Plus #160
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Photo Gallery-
Jump to: