HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Finally...the news media got it right!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vito

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Finally...the news media got it right!   Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:10 am

Well, apparently I can't embed any other video content besides YouTube and Dailymotion, so you'll just have to go to the Onion News Network for the story on this breakthrough survey.

Vito jocolor
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.vitotuxedo.com/VitoSpace/Home/=index.html
jhuggett
BoB's Pioneer & Founding Father

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Finally...the news media got it right!   Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:21 am

That is hilarious!

"Freedom, Security, Convenience: Choose Two"
"For me, I will take freedom over security and I will take security over convenience." ~ Dan Geer
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brothersofbriar.com

PostSubject: Re: Finally...the news media got it right!   Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:48 am

LMAO, Vito!

"It's not just talking the bullshit, it's living the bullshit. That's the mark of a true candidate... a winner."
Back to top Go down
slartie

Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Finally...the news media got it right!   Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:04 am

Those guys always have a barrel of laughs ready for anyone who dare visit their site. I've read The Onion literally since their early days, and I am amazed they have been able to keep steaming ahead for all these years.

Definitely worth checking out on a regular basis.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://slartie.wordpress.com/
tin man
Foiled Again

PostSubject: Re: Finally...the news media got it right!   Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:34 pm

Beautiful, man,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, just beautiful.

It's really hard to tell the difference between that clip and "regular" news.

Beautiful . . . . .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Finally...the news media got it right!   Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:40 pm

You mean it's not the real news?! Shoulda known, too honest, too realistic Wink

Vito

PostSubject: The real thing   Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:24 pm

Well, you know what they say...the funniest satire is that which contains the most truth. You can't get much closer than that piece.

One of my heroes in that regard was Groucho Marx. His characters simply refused to take politicians and other self-prepossessed, pompous windbags as seriously as they take themselves. I wonder what would happen if we all treated them with similar disregardónot as human beings, mind you, to the extent that they act like decent humanoidsóbut as the blindly egomaniacal twits they show themselves to be whenever they spout their empty, self-aggrandizing platitudes. I wonder how long they would covet public office if no one ever took them seriously.

The "expert" in the interview nailed it: "The fact is, you've been doing a great job as it is. If it wasn't for the media...a lot less bullshit in these elections."

That's precisely why I never watch the "news". There's nothing "new" about any of it.

Vito jocolor
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.vitotuxedo.com/VitoSpace/Home/=index.html

Finally...the news media got it right!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1