HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Kaywoodie with a vulcanite screw in stem.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
WVDAVE

Registration date : 2011-10-12

PostSubject: Kaywoodie with a vulcanite screw in stem.   Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:00 pm

I just purchased a Kaywoodie with a vulcanite screw in stem. It's in great shape and smokes well, but there's a chip in the stem at the lip. Who would you recommend to repair or replace the stem?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Milan

Registration date : 2011-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Kaywoodie with a vulcanite screw in stem.   Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:14 pm

Maybe Tim West in Columbus? He does good work.
http://www.jhlowe.com/
Good Luck,
Milan

I see the WV in your display name. Football fan? I couldn't believe that game last night. Simply awful.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
WVDAVE

Registration date : 2011-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Kaywoodie with a vulcanite screw in stem.   Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:25 pm

Yeah, they sucked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alfredo_buscatti

Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Kaywoodie with a vulcanite screw in stem.   Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:55 pm

If the chip bothers you, you need a stem repair or replacement, but that's a decision best left to yourself and the pipe repair guy. Price, appearance and functionality after a repair,
would all need to be considered. Morphing a piece of vulcanite doesn't sound all that pricey.

But you also need to consider whether spending anything is advisable, given the amount you paid for the pipe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Kaywoodie with a vulcanite screw in stem.
Page 1 of 1