HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Share
 

 Two Wayne Teipen Pipes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
joshoowah

joshoowah

Age : 33
Location : Nairobi, Kenya
Registration date : 2011-09-24

Two Wayne Teipen Pipes Empty
PostSubject: Two Wayne Teipen Pipes   Two Wayne Teipen Pipes EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 11:31 pm

Here are two handmade pipes from a friend, Wayne Teipen, that I purchased.

Danish Dublin

Two Wayne Teipen Pipes DanishFreehandDublinTwo Wayne Teipen Pipes DanishFreehandDublin6Two Wayne Teipen Pipes DanishFreehandDublin5Two Wayne Teipen Pipes DanishFreehandDublin2Two Wayne Teipen Pipes DanishFreehandDublin3Two Wayne Teipen Pipes DanishFreehandDublin4

Half Bent Rhodesian

Two Wayne Teipen Pipes HalfBentRhodesianTwo Wayne Teipen Pipes HalfBentRhodesian2Two Wayne Teipen Pipes HalfBentRhodesian3Two Wayne Teipen Pipes HalfBentRhodesian4Two Wayne Teipen Pipes HalfBentRhodesian5Two Wayne Teipen Pipes HalfBentRhodesian6
Back to top Go down
laherb

laherb

Age : 34
Location : WV.
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Two Wayne Teipen Pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two Wayne Teipen Pipes   Two Wayne Teipen Pipes EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 11:50 pm

You got two very beautiful pieces there! There were a few of his pipes at the Richmond Show, including that Danish Dublin. Very well made pipes.



Abe
Back to top Go down
joshoowah

joshoowah

Age : 33
Location : Nairobi, Kenya
Registration date : 2011-09-24

Two Wayne Teipen Pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two Wayne Teipen Pipes   Two Wayne Teipen Pipes EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 11:54 pm

laherb wrote:
You got two very beautiful pieces there! There were a few of his pipes at the Richmond Show, including that Danish Dublin. Very well made pipes.



Abe

Oh, you were there? Surprised Yes, I was going to go, but was unable. I had him reserve that Dublin for me because I knew it would sell if I didn't. Wayne is a great guy.
Back to top Go down
tNd



Age : 44
Location : Croatia, Osijek
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Two Wayne Teipen Pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two Wayne Teipen Pipes   Two Wayne Teipen Pipes EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 3:02 am

two beatiful pipes... congratulations and may they serve you nice for years to come....
Back to top Go down
http://tnd-pipes.com/
Lestrade

Lestrade

Age : 51
Location : North Carolina
Registration date : 2011-10-09

Two Wayne Teipen Pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two Wayne Teipen Pipes   Two Wayne Teipen Pipes EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 4:02 am

Two beautiful pipes. Congrats and enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

Location : Reno, NV
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Two Wayne Teipen Pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two Wayne Teipen Pipes   Two Wayne Teipen Pipes EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 1:17 pm

They're both choice, but that Rhodesian is a real looker. What's the wood that ties in the stem? Or is it just briar that's been treated differently?
Back to top Go down
joshoowah

joshoowah

Age : 33
Location : Nairobi, Kenya
Registration date : 2011-09-24

Two Wayne Teipen Pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two Wayne Teipen Pipes   Two Wayne Teipen Pipes EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 1:35 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
They're both choice, but that Rhodesian is a real looker. What's the wood that ties in the stem? Or is it just briar that's been treated differently?

Black palm. Wink From my understanding, it is particularly hard to work with.
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

Location : Reno, NV
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Two Wayne Teipen Pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two Wayne Teipen Pipes   Two Wayne Teipen Pipes EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 2:06 pm

joshoowah wrote:
Kyle Weiss wrote:
They're both choice, but that Rhodesian is a real looker. What's the wood that ties in the stem? Or is it just briar that's been treated differently?

Black palm. Wink From my understanding, it is particularly hard to work with.

A pipe to sell your soul for, certainly. Cool Love it, love it.
Back to top Go down
PipeLeisure

PipeLeisure

Age : 42
Location : Dartmouth Massachusetts
Registration date : 2011-08-28

Two Wayne Teipen Pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two Wayne Teipen Pipes   Two Wayne Teipen Pipes EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 4:49 pm

Shocked Shocked Shocked WOW those are BEAUTIFUL! Congrats and enjoy.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PipeLeisure?feature=mhee
Dave_In_Philly

Dave_In_Philly

Age : 38
Location : Philly
Registration date : 2011-08-18

Two Wayne Teipen Pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two Wayne Teipen Pipes   Two Wayne Teipen Pipes EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 9:12 pm

Wayne really does some outstanding work, those are gorgeous. Congrats.
Back to top Go down
Toe Cutter

Toe Cutter

Age : 43
Location : Sacramento area
Registration date : 2011-10-24

Two Wayne Teipen Pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two Wayne Teipen Pipes   Two Wayne Teipen Pipes EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 10:43 am

Man those are really nice, he has some beauty's on his site too
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

Location : Reno, NV
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Two Wayne Teipen Pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two Wayne Teipen Pipes   Two Wayne Teipen Pipes EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 12:03 pm

...also, it should be pointed out, the photographic montage that was used really sets these pipes off as well--there's some talented photographers here on BoB! Unless that was Wayne's photography, then this just goes out to him... Laughing Laughing

Let it be known I'm getting into serious trouble staring at those pipes. It's like a broke redneck drooling over a Ferrari and trying to figure out how to build one out of scrap wood, rattle paint cans and a lawnmower engine. Points for effort, but I'd better just figure out how to remove and sell a kidney.
Back to top Go down
joshoowah

joshoowah

Age : 33
Location : Nairobi, Kenya
Registration date : 2011-09-24

Two Wayne Teipen Pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two Wayne Teipen Pipes   Two Wayne Teipen Pipes EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 1:04 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
...also, it should be pointed out, the photographic montage that was used really sets these pipes off as well--there's some talented photographers here on BoB! Unless that was Wayne's photography, then this just goes out to him... Laughing Laughing

Let it be known I'm getting into serious trouble staring at those pipes. It's like a broke redneck drooling over a Ferrari and trying to figure out how to build one out of scrap wood, rattle paint cans and a lawnmower engine. Points for effort, but I'd better just figure out how to remove and sell a kidney.

I'm afraid I cannot take credit for the photographs. I adore the Rhodesian, but it is humorous to look at the comments of the pipe on pipemakersforum, which have a lot of negative comments.
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

Location : Reno, NV
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Two Wayne Teipen Pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two Wayne Teipen Pipes   Two Wayne Teipen Pipes EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 1:43 pm

joshoowah wrote:
Kyle Weiss wrote:
...also, it should be pointed out, the photographic montage that was used really sets these pipes off as well--there's some talented photographers here on BoB! Unless that was Wayne's photography, then this just goes out to him... Laughing Laughing

Let it be known I'm getting into serious trouble staring at those pipes. It's like a broke redneck drooling over a Ferrari and trying to figure out how to build one out of scrap wood, rattle paint cans and a lawnmower engine. Points for effort, but I'd better just figure out how to remove and sell a kidney.

I'm afraid I cannot take credit for the photographs. I adore the Rhodesian, but it is humorous to look at the comments of the pipe on pipemakersforum, which have a lot of negative comments.

I went over there (my registration finally kicked in) and didn't see too many bad comments... mostly about the stamping, which, I suppose is a good point, but overall people seemed to like it...it's extremely unique!!!
Back to top Go down
joshoowah

joshoowah

Age : 33
Location : Nairobi, Kenya
Registration date : 2011-09-24

Two Wayne Teipen Pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two Wayne Teipen Pipes   Two Wayne Teipen Pipes EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 4:11 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
joshoowah wrote:
Kyle Weiss wrote:
...also, it should be pointed out, the photographic montage that was used really sets these pipes off as well--there's some talented photographers here on BoB! Unless that was Wayne's photography, then this just goes out to him... Laughing Laughing

Let it be known I'm getting into serious trouble staring at those pipes. It's like a broke redneck drooling over a Ferrari and trying to figure out how to build one out of scrap wood, rattle paint cans and a lawnmower engine. Points for effort, but I'd better just figure out how to remove and sell a kidney.

I'm afraid I cannot take credit for the photographs. I adore the Rhodesian, but it is humorous to look at the comments of the pipe on pipemakersforum, which have a lot of negative comments.

I went over there (my registration finally kicked in) and didn't see too many bad comments... mostly about the stamping, which, I suppose is a good point, but overall people seemed to like it...it's extremely unique!!!

The ones I saw were mostly about the stem when I looked.
Back to top Go down
Boulder

Boulder

Age : 63
Location : Northern New Jersey
Registration date : 2011-08-29

Two Wayne Teipen Pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two Wayne Teipen Pipes   Two Wayne Teipen Pipes EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 11:09 pm


Very nice, congrat's and enjoy.
Back to top Go down
 
Two Wayne Teipen Pipes
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Photo Gallery-
Jump to: