HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Peter Heeschen - my new pipecarver crush...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

Peter Heeschen - my new pipecarver crush... Empty
PostSubject: Peter Heeschen - my new pipecarver crush...   Peter Heeschen - my new pipecarver crush... EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 12:21 pm

...on his work, not the man. Although he may be flattered...

I was perusing random pipe sites and this guy's work made me stop and stare for quite a while...

Peter Heeschen - my new pipecarver crush... Heeschen%20snail

Peter Heeschen - my new pipecarver crush... Heeschen5

Some of his other work is good but not my style. These above, especially the top "Snail" I'd start cutting out a kidney for. What a piece. Cool

Back to top Go down
R.A.

R.A.

Registration date : 2011-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Peter Heeschen - my new pipecarver crush...   Peter Heeschen - my new pipecarver crush... EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 2:31 pm

Yes they are nice looking, nice designs, ellegant
Back to top Go down
Lestrade

Lestrade

Registration date : 2011-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Peter Heeschen - my new pipecarver crush...   Peter Heeschen - my new pipecarver crush... EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 5:38 pm

I really like his Blowfish and Snail shapes.
Back to top Go down
Frost

Frost

Registration date : 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Peter Heeschen - my new pipecarver crush...   Peter Heeschen - my new pipecarver crush... EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 6:26 pm

Heeschen's shapes that i have seen are absolutely fantastic. They almost all have a beautiful, refined and very distinctive style that makes me want to buy every one i come across and the one in your photo is no exception. I have yet to actually click the buy button, but i know it's only a matter of time before i see the one i just cant say no to.
Back to top Go down
docwatson

docwatson

Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Peter Heeschen - my new pipecarver crush...   Peter Heeschen - my new pipecarver crush... EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 8:18 pm

I will see Peter in Vegas tomorrow and tell him of your praises. Yes his work is excellent in every respect and he is a perfectionist to detail as those examples that you posted show.
Back to top Go down
Puff Daddy
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Peter Heeschen - my new pipecarver crush...   Peter Heeschen - my new pipecarver crush... EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 9:27 pm

I love uncle Peters work, and think his signature "P"shape should be put on those shape charts as one of the carved-in-stone classics.

riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Peter Heeschen - my new pipecarver crush...   Peter Heeschen - my new pipecarver crush... EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 9:32 pm

The grain on that Cumberland stem pipe is amazing.

I had to google Peter......Smoking Pipes has a nice inventory but sadly priced well out of my reach.
Back to top Go down
Harlock999

Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Peter Heeschen - my new pipecarver crush...   Peter Heeschen - my new pipecarver crush... EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 9:37 pm

I have one Heeschen, a squat bulldog (surprise). It's a beaut.
I've been looking forward to meeting him at the Vegas show!
Back to top Go down
Ol'Dawg

Ol'Dawg

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Peter Heeschen - my new pipecarver crush...   Peter Heeschen - my new pipecarver crush... EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 1:44 pm

If you haven't met Peter Heeschen be forewarned he's quite a character and loves to joke around. He is a really nice guy.

I too love his work and have a regular "P" shape, a long shank "P" shape, and a small nautilus/snail. As a side bonus both the "Ps" sit up right as I think most will.

Jim
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Peter Heeschen - my new pipecarver crush...   Peter Heeschen - my new pipecarver crush... EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 1:53 pm

I'm disappointed I won't be able to meet him at (and those of you going to) the Vegas pipe show.

Yes, do say to him there's a guy in Reno right now stomping around that I couldn't shake this guy's hand and buy a pipe with kidney money. Laughing Laughing

Funny how some pipes you could shrug your shoulders at and appreciate the craftsmanship and others just make you rifle around your home wondering what you could sell to finance such a purchase. Good thing there's a variety in the spicy-life of piping!

Back to top Go down

Peter Heeschen - my new pipecarver crush...
Page 1 of 1