HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

New Meerschaum ordered

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GregE

Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: New Meerschaum ordered   Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:48 pm

My wife cleaned house and moved a bunch of boxes upto the attic, the only problem is my favorite Meerschaum is missing and nobody seems to know anything about it. So I broke down and bought another Meerchaum on line. My only complaint from buying them online is that when they arrive, they always look smaller than their picture....even with a human hand holding them in the pic..they must use a child to hold them...or a dwarf...cause it always looks big in the picture when scaled with alleged adult human hand... Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: New Meerschaum ordered   Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:54 pm

It's funny you should mention that, because for a while, an EBAY pipe dealer was using a child's hand to model the pipes he was selling. The lack of arm hair was a tell tale sign!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
docwatson

Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: New Meerschaum ordered   Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:31 am

Harlock999 wrote:
It's funny you should mention that, because for a while, an EBAY pipe dealer was using a child's hand to model the pipes he was selling. The lack of arm hair was a tell tale sign!

That should be against the child labor laws!!!! Especially in the case of deception. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
smokey422

Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: New Meerschaum ordered   Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:24 pm

I haven't bought a meer in several years but when I did it was always an IMP meer from Smoking Pipes. They gave all the dimensions in the description of the pipe, including the weight, which is important to me because I am a clencher. I think IMPs are one of the highest quality meers on the market.

Smokey
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thesmoker

Registration date : 2011-11-10

PostSubject: Re: New Meerschaum ordered   Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:55 pm

I have 4 Meerschaums, 3 are SMS and one carved by Sevket. This one is a huge bent billiard with a dragon on its side.
The entire pipe is covered in intricate sculpting designs. I am thinking of taking a pic and posting it as my avatar.
Its also has a very nice colored patina.

Unfortunately, they don't get smoked very often and they are sitting in their cases. I need to start including them in
my rotation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

New Meerschaum ordered
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1