HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pipes: A montage of recently-gathered things.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

Pipes: A montage of recently-gathered things. Empty
PostSubject: Pipes: A montage of recently-gathered things.   Pipes: A montage of recently-gathered things. EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 5:17 pm

Just a single photo, but I like the challenge of photography set-up, getting as much of a story as I can into the picture.

The Churchwarden was the one I was searching for a few weeks back, it is a Benton 14" on a nifty brass/wood stand I picked up at a junk store.

The Oom Paul is a Lorenzo, all polished-up and ready for Christmas (as a gift or...for me!)-- it was a gift surprise I found in my mailbox from a BoB'ster, because, as has been mentioned, we're the raddest people ever.

The "whale bowl" was a new Jirsa, a cheap acquisition at my Tinder Box because of a tiny scrape on the bowl...haven't smoked it yet, but it sure looks cool! I like the polished/natural briar look. It sits on a strange little vintage chair pipe rest I picked up along with a red but matching loveseat pipe rest for two!

Of course, at the bottom, the two books (Ehwa/Hacker) as suggested by BoB members... awesome tomes of piping and smoking. The random plant is a schefflera bonsai I picked up cheap as a dying mess in a grocery store. It's doing well, now...water is an amazing substance for life.

Pipes: A montage of recently-gathered things. 6351603704_3feacf644a_b

Back to top Go down
DrT999

DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Pipes: A montage of recently-gathered things.   Pipes: A montage of recently-gathered things. EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 8:43 pm

Nicely composed; I hope they smoke as well as you made them look!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
Harlock999

Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Pipes: A montage of recently-gathered things.   Pipes: A montage of recently-gathered things. EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 10:36 pm

Nice shot!
I know from experience that taking a shot of multiple pipes of different sizes can be challenging.
Thanks for posting!
Back to top Go down
Tim_Haggerty

Tim_Haggerty

Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Pipes: A montage of recently-gathered things.   Pipes: A montage of recently-gathered things. EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 3:07 am

I've got a big Lorenzo Oom Paul like that, it's a nice pipe but mine gurgles a little so I reserve it for slightly dry tobacco. Smile
Back to top Go down
riff raff

riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Pipes: A montage of recently-gathered things.   Pipes: A montage of recently-gathered things. EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 9:11 am

Classic! Looks like you are halfway thru that Hacker book, enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Pipes: A montage of recently-gathered things.   Pipes: A montage of recently-gathered things. EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 1:15 pm

riff raff wrote:
Classic! Looks like you are halfway thru that Hacker book, enjoy!

I bring it with me everywhere, just haven't had time to get much further... Richard Hacker's funnier than heck, and his historical depth is amazing. Ehwa's book is a great introduction manual of sorts, with tons of excellent pictures and tips, but Hacker really takes you for a journey--totally engrossing. One I suggest for anyone.
Back to top Go down
docwatson

docwatson

Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Pipes: A montage of recently-gathered things.   Pipes: A montage of recently-gathered things. EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 4:56 pm

Great photo, and especially the 3 differently stained pipes. Thanks for sharing your photographic skills.
Back to top Go down
frogjunk

frogjunk

Registration date : 2011-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Pipes: A montage of recently-gathered things.   Pipes: A montage of recently-gathered things. EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 12:02 am

Very nice. I like that recliner pipe holder.
Back to top Go down
DustyRoundup

DustyRoundup

Registration date : 2011-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Pipes: A montage of recently-gathered things.   Pipes: A montage of recently-gathered things. EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 1:55 pm

Wow ! That was a Great snapshot.
You did a fine job there. And the recliner stand is pretty darn cool. Very Happy

And actually, the other day I was at a book store , and asked for a book along the lines of Pipes and/or Tobacco, of which they had none. The gal asked for a title or author, but I had no idea.
Now i do,,, Thanks
Back to top Go down
DustyRoundup

DustyRoundup

Registration date : 2011-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Pipes: A montage of recently-gathered things.   Pipes: A montage of recently-gathered things. EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 1:58 pm

Hey kyle,
I cant see the full name of "Hackers" book in the pic.
Is it ,, " the Ultimate pipe book" ???????
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Pipes: A montage of recently-gathered things.   Pipes: A montage of recently-gathered things. EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 2:02 pm

DustyRoundup wrote:

Hey kyle,
I cant see the full name of "Hackers" book in the pic.
Is it ,, " the Ultimate pipe book" ???????

Indeed it is! I suggest you go find a copy...right...NOW...it's a really fun read. The sophisticated casualness and frankness is refreshing, the jokes--punny and dry, the information and history is excellent, and the organization is smooth and effortless. I find myself engrossed far past when I should be, 50 pages in and going, "Dammit! Gotta get to work!" Laughing
Back to top Go down

Pipes: A montage of recently-gathered things.
Page 1 of 1