HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Nørding montage...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

Nørding montage... Empty
PostSubject: Nørding montage...   Nørding montage... EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 2:06 am

Well, the large Nørding freehand sitter bulldog I scored on eBay came in! Pretty sure it's an older model. No idea how to date Erik's work, but meh.

It took FOREVER to get the stem cleaned up, ugh, I may not ever get estate freehand pipes again just because of the stem! All the angles, the curves... sheesh! The outer bowl isn't totally perfect after I got done really polishing it and cleaning it up (97% is good enough)--and whatever was smoked in it before has a heavy old-lady purfume reek in it...the ghosts of owners past. Plus, it's a filter stem--oops. Well, not a big deal, it smokes okay without it. Draws perfect. Smile

Anyway, here's how it turned out:

Nørding montage... 6393149797_fce1851dae_b

Nørding montage... 6393149901_5cd4f09cc3_b

...and... as a bonus... my montage of all Nørdings I've picked up...kind of a Danish kaleidoscope of colors:

Nørding montage... 6393149985_046dc63ecc_b

The newest one looks MASSIVE just because I have it propped up, it's still smaller than the Monster in the upper right... the bowl in it, though, is the most spacious of any pipe I have. Gotta make time to smoke that one!

Thanks for checkin' 'em out. Cool
Back to top Go down
Richard Hester
Author of "My Love My Pipe"
Richard Hester

Registration date : 2009-08-12

Nørding montage... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nørding montage...   Nørding montage... EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 4:16 am

Beautiful pipe I have many nording pipes I love them all and all are great smokers good score you got there congrats.
Best Regards
Richard
Back to top Go down
http://charlesrhesterjr@aol.com.com
Harlock999

Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

Nørding montage... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nørding montage...   Nørding montage... EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 8:24 am

They make a nice looking set!
I can see a theme emerging, and I like a good theme.
Back to top Go down
DustyRoundup

DustyRoundup

Registration date : 2011-11-03

Nørding montage... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nørding montage...   Nørding montage... EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 1:35 pm

Those are Good Looking pipes Kyle.
Back to top Go down
frogjunk

frogjunk

Registration date : 2011-11-07

Nørding montage... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nørding montage...   Nørding montage... EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 4:36 pm

Very nice. I don't own any Nordings, but it looks like I'm going to have to get one now. Thanks a lot!
Back to top Go down
SPUD 15

SPUD 15

Registration date : 2011-09-07

Nørding montage... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nørding montage...   Nørding montage... EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 6:18 pm

Great looking threesome you got there Kyle. Although I have never owned any Nordings myself.
Back to top Go down
RealtorFrank

RealtorFrank

Registration date : 2010-11-21

Nørding montage... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nørding montage...   Nørding montage... EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 11:22 am

Those are some great looking Nordings!
Back to top Go down
http://www.franksellsnashville.com/
Boulder

Boulder

Registration date : 2011-08-29

Nørding montage... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nørding montage...   Nørding montage... EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 1:26 pm

Nice looking set, Congrat's.
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

Nørding montage... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nørding montage...   Nørding montage... EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 1:55 pm

Thanks, all!

I feel Nording is a really under-appreciated pipe by many these days. Evidently once revered, it seems Erik's work has been pushed aside and scoffed at by serious pipe snobs. I find that curious. Talking to other pipe smokers, or some who see me with a Nording, they almost treat me as if I have a filtered Grabow or something. Laughing

That just means more affordable beauties for those of us who like 'em. It ain't that hard to see the quality put into them and the excellent grain.
Back to top Go down
RDPipes

RDPipes

Registration date : 2011-12-15

Nørding montage... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nørding montage...   Nørding montage... EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 9:35 pm

I just seen your Nordings Kyle, Very very nice and I think you did a good job cleaning them up. That's half the fun for me. Getting some old pipe for a few dollars in ungodly condition and bringing it back to almost new. I like all my pipes to shine like new and I'm very anal about there up keep and appearance. I have more then I'll ever be able to smoke but, that's okay because I love just collecting them too.
Back to top Go down
http://rdpipes.briar.club/
PipeLeisure

PipeLeisure

Registration date : 2011-08-28

Nørding montage... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nørding montage...   Nørding montage... EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 9:58 pm

Very nice Kyle, I also have a Freehand made from Eric and its a great pipe. You did a really nice job with the restoration work.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PipeLeisure?feature=mhee
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

Nørding montage... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nørding montage...   Nørding montage... EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 3:18 am

Thanks, guys. Cool
Back to top Go down
Dutch

Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

Nørding montage... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nørding montage...   Nørding montage... EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 3:28 am

The thing about Nording's, is that he makes a lot of different grades, but that shouldn't mean that his high grades are anything other than. I have 3 Nording's, and they are all great smokers! santa
Back to top Go down
Airborne

Registration date : 2011-07-06

Nørding montage... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nørding montage...   Nørding montage... EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 10:45 am

Good morning, Kyle -

A very beautiful pipe indeed and a grand collection! Congratulations!

Get some of this stuff and I guarantee you will never have problems with vulcanite stems again.

http://www.walkerbriarworks.com/html/stem_restore_kit.html
Back to top Go down

Nørding montage...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Photo Gallery-
Jump to: