HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

E cigs, E cigars, E pipes.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
puros_bran
Nightrider

Number of posts: 10174
Registration date: 2007-12-10

PostSubject: E cigs, E cigars, E pipes.   Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:20 pm

I've smoked cigs for 30+ years... Yes I started when I was very very young..
A guy I work with has been 'real' cig free for about a month.. my co-driver has cut down from about 2.5 cartons a week to about 3 packs a week...

I just ordered a starter kit and a couple bottle of e-liquid.. Totally Wicked 510 Titan Tank e-nic kit in black, plus two 10ml bottles of 'Winston' if your curious.

Just real curious if anyone else uses one, thoughts, comments, tips, etc etc

Kyle Weiss

Number of posts: 12977
Tobacco: Real tobacco.
Pipe: Sleeper pipes.
Registration date: 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: E cigs, E cigars, E pipes.   Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:14 pm

Personal experience? None.

Advocate? Yes. They're better than the real thing health-wise, I like the lack of smell, people I talk to about 'em find them (of course) not like the real thing, but more convenient and healthier and satisfying. Apparently the looks one gets from using them in non-smoking establishments is pretty amusing.

I smoked cigarettes for about eight years and quit about 12 years ago. Best move I made.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vito

Number of posts: 1018
Tobacco: ...is for smoking.
Pipe: ...is for tobacco.

PostSubject: Re: E cigs, E cigars, E pipes.   Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:47 pm

puros_bran wrote:
...two 10ml bottles of 'Winston' if your curious.
pb:

"Winston"...is that the Churchill-sized model of E-cigar?

puros_bran wrote:
Just real curious if anyone else uses one, thoughts, comments, tips, etc etc
Actually, I know a guy (let's call him "John", in case that's his name) who used one o' those gizmos. He said he was "self-medicating", onna counta he's an ADDer. He knew ADD is often treated with stimulants, and nicotine juice definitely qualifies as a stimulant.

Eventually John progressed to shooting straight methamphetamine into his eyeballs. Twisted Evil

Just kidding...

Seriously, he wasn't using it to quit or decrease his smoking, so I can't tell you how effective it is for that purpose, but it definitely delivers the nico-juice.

One thing I noticed with John was "the paradox effect". Certain kinds of brains respond backwards to stimulants if they get too much. That is, instead of going into warp drive, they begin to shut down. John would be sucking on that stick non-stop while we were working, and then he'd start nodding off right in mid-sentence.

I dunno whether you're wired that way, but if you've been self-medicating with weedage for the past 30+ years, I'd say there's at least a possibility that you have the kind of brain that is subject to the paradox effect. It prolly would be a good idea to be careful about using that nico-juice gizmo while you're driving until you sort out the right "dosage".

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.vitotuxedo.com/VitoSpace/Home/=index.html
Rob_In_MO

Number of posts: 3961
Registration date: 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: E cigs, E cigars, E pipes.   Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:38 pm

Sorry PB if I go against the grain here.

I like to get my Vitamin N the natural way...

However, I do see the health benefits going the way you are talking about.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frost

Number of posts: 2232
Tobacco: Various
Pipe: Brisset, Davis, Yakslon, Sasqatch, Lasse
Registration date: 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: E cigs, E cigars, E pipes.   Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:40 pm

Crap, just had a long ass post typed out and then ipod browser crashed. Anyway, yes i use one and so does my wife. I use the Joye Ego model, the 510 didnt quite cut it for me with throat hit, short battery life and low fluid capacity. Its a bit outdated actually, but was a good one.

Best non-tobacco flavored juices: Ms Ts bakery essentials. Takes a while tho since they arent pre mixed and are made to order.

My favorite site to order from is freedomsmokeusa.com. They have everything you would need and their juices are good. Quick shipping and order processing.

Best site for info/research: e-cigarette-forum.com. Lots of info to wade thru there but it's worth it.

If you run into any problems or particular questions let me know. Dont get frustrated or dissapointed if what your using isnt working, it may take some experimentation with diff models or juices to find what works for you. I guarantee tho that if i can quit you can. I loved smoking right up until i got my Ego and quit almost a year ago now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: E cigs, E cigars, E pipes.   Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:59 pm

I picked the 510 Titan for a particular reason.
I figured out its the 'process' of smoking a cig as much as it is nicotine, otherwise my ropes, flakes, and shags would 'fix' the addiction. Or patches, commit, etc. it's a process addiction as much as it is a nicotine addiction.

I planned on ordering some different flavors but the yo-yo discount was at 33% and I didn't want my clock to reset. Lol.

I've been on several forums and tons of eliquid sites. I don't remember freedom smoke but I will check it out. Thanks.

Kyle Weiss

Number of posts: 12977
Tobacco: Real tobacco.
Pipe: Sleeper pipes.
Registration date: 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: E cigs, E cigars, E pipes.   Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:31 pm

puros_bran wrote:
it's a process addiction as much as it is a nicotine addiction

I'd say much more the former than the latter, the latter just makes it worse. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frost

Number of posts: 2232
Tobacco: Various
Pipe: Brisset, Davis, Yakslon, Sasqatch, Lasse
Registration date: 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: E cigs, E cigars, E pipes.   Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:38 pm

I actually didnt see the titan part the first time around... I dont know if thats any differetn than the regular old 510 or not. Did you get a usb pass thru one?
Those are cool, especially if you spend alot of time in front of a puter.

One of the drawbacks i found with alot of these is that the quality control can be kinda substandard and you end up havin to relace batts or attys occasionally. It still works out to being cheaper than cigs tho. It also helps if you maintain the parts. Wipe off connectors on batteries and attys, blow out leftover juice at the end of the day, let the attys rest for a day or two between uses, use a clean cartridge each day, soak the attys in high proof alcohol once in a while, etc.

I get what your sayin about the process of smoking, and that was definitely the
Most difficult part to let go. Hope it works for ya, i can tell you that i have no worries personally of ever starting up again. I used to enjoy almost nothing quite as much as rolling up a nice pinch of stokkebeye amsterdam shag and lighting up in the morning with a cup of coffee. Once i got used to the vapor though, even the good cigarette baccy tastes like crap to me now. Luckilly it's most definitely not the same with pipe baccy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: E cigs, E cigars, E pipes.   Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:05 pm

Sorry for the late response.

The Titan 510 T is tank fired just like the Tornado tank.
I've watched several yourubes on it. Apparently the biggest diff is capacity. They looked to be the same vaper wise.
Another benifit is its compatible with tornado batts etc etc. so if I decide I need 'more' at least I'm backwards compatible.

Milan

Number of posts: 404
Tobacco:

Pipe:

Registration date: 2011-03-17

PostSubject: Re: E cigs, E cigars, E pipes.   Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:20 pm

I have a friend that has had a lot of success with the e-cig thing. I'm not sure what brand he uses but he has managed to get off the butts. I just noticed that he has to keep two of them so that there is always one he can use and one that is charging. He smokes all sorts of flavor vapor. He told me his favorite ended up being banana. At first... I guess he preferred the regular tobacco flavor. Let us know how it goes and if you like it.
Milan
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: E cigs, E cigars, E pipes.   Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:20 am

Day 2

No cigs or cravings, except for a 2-3 minute craving that hit when I first woke up.

Just purchased 30ml Rasberry, 30ml caramel, and 30ml peppermint from TVR.net..

I'm eyeballing a eGo or a boxmod. lost this little titan last night and flipped out looking for it.

TommyGun76

Number of posts: 33
Tobacco: SG FVF , GH BCF , McB Vanilla creme ,Peterson Sherlock bunch of english blends , and aromatics
Pipe: Peterson Silver spigot , Peterson st pats 2008 ,Dunhill amber root, Savinelli 122 , Caminetto L08 , Kirsten mariner , Cobs , Random estate pipes
Registration date: 2011-05-26

PostSubject: Re: E cigs, E cigars, E pipes.   Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:23 am

I've been using a e-cig since December 2008 helped me kick a 20 + year cigarette addiction , I now use a Pro Vari ecig and love it to death , but while at work I use snuff and snus , on breaks it is a ecig and lunch it is a pipe , but I feel better , Dr loves I'am off the cigs and I have such a vast array of things to provide a much safer nic intake and really I find I don't need the nic as much now as when I smoked but it when I can all things now are so much more enjoyable and your not craving them just relaxing and loving it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: E cigs, E cigars, E pipes.   Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:58 am

ProVari.. Twisted Evil Goodstuff!

I bought a Thagbuilt Chuck.. waiting on it, should be here on the 27th.

puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: E cigs, E cigars, E pipes.   Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:53 am

ok...
510T
thagbuilt Chuck
Lavatube
about 200ml of juice.
CCV resurectors (wowsers)
a Chibi tank
Boge cartomizers
a couple cherry Vape Ming tips
and a few odds and ends later

ten days no cigs, lotsa lotsa vape...lol

Milan

Number of posts: 404
Tobacco:

Pipe:

Registration date: 2011-03-17

PostSubject: Re: E cigs, E cigars, E pipes.   Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:14 am

puros_bran wrote:
ok...
510T
thagbuilt Chuck
Lavatube
about 200ml of juice.
CCV resurectors (wowsers)
a Chibi tank
Boge cartomizers
a couple cherry Vape Ming tips
and a few odds and ends later

ten days no cigs, lotsa lotsa vape...lol

I swear I heard that the shuttle program had been shut down. scratch
Congratulations on the ten day mark. Keep it up!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

E cigs, E cigars, E pipes.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next