HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

I am a sissy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bub

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: I am a sissy    Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:30 pm

and damn proud to be one
http://www.wimp.com/theiceman/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frost

Registration date : 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: I am a sissy    Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:35 pm

That is very impressive. But, i cant really see any good reason at all for it...lol. Count me in the sissy group.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: I am a sissy    Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:58 pm

That's impressive.

"The cold is still my friend. Why wouldn't I go back to my friend? I always will go back to my friend."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boxerbuddy

Registration date : 2011-10-06

PostSubject: Re: I am a sissy    Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:23 am

Holy crap that guy is special. There really are parts of our brains that most of us never learn to access.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: I am a sissy    Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:09 am

Reminds me of the stories my dad used to tell about his trips back and forth to school. rendeer
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vito

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: I am a sissy    Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:54 am

OK, he has proven that he has an ability others don't have...or at least, that he has access to an ability that others don't know how to use, if they even have it. Good for him.

But I have to wonder what he means by "...the next challenge—Mount Everest." If he thinks he's going to the top of Everest in his shorts...well, I wouldn't bet on it.

It's one thing to be able to regulate your body temperature when you have enough oxygen to support metabolic functions. And you don't have exposure to searing radiation that cooks your skin and your eyeballs...even in sub-zero temperatures. But the rules are different on Everest. There's good reason that the area above ~7,500 meters is called "the death zone".

It will be interesting to see what he has in mind, but if it includes summiting Chomolungma in his underwear, that's a suicide mission. No

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.vitotuxedo.com/VitoSpace/Home/=index.html
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: I am a sissy    Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:21 am

Bub wrote:
and damn proud to be one

Me a wimp? naw, I watched that without hardly flinching Very Happy (think I need to turn my thermostat up a few degrees. . . .)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999 Online
loneredtree

Registration date : 2011-05-28

PostSubject: Re: I am a sissy    Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:51 pm

That was amazing. He has no excess fat to provide insulation or energy. I have lost 30 pounds and have little excess fat and I am now very sensitive to the cold. BTW -16 c is not that cold to me. -40 c is where I draw the line and that is clothed. clown
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: I am a sissy    Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:03 pm

I wouldn't last ten seconds.
I hate being cold! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boxerbuddy

Registration date : 2011-10-06

PostSubject: Re: I am a sissy    Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:36 pm

It's good that you live in Louisiana then Hermit lol...at least I think you do. Or do you live in the Ascension Parish in LA...either way you're warm.

As for me I don't mind the cold...I've been known to wear a tshirt in 10 degree weather lol....but the heat KILLS me. I sweat like a pig and I get irrratable...it's awful. Lol I should move to Alaska.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mozjo33

Registration date : 2011-12-04

PostSubject: Re: I am a sissy    Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:46 pm

Wow! What an impressive feat of mind/brain control. I fall on the sissy side!!! jocolor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: I am a sissy    Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:51 pm

Boxerbuddy wrote:
It's good that you live in Louisiana then Hermit lol...at least I think you do. Or do you live in the Ascension Parish in LA...either way you're warm.

As for me I don't mind the cold...I've been known to wear a tshirt in 10 degree weather lol....but the heat KILLS me. I sweat like a pig and I get irrratable...it's awful. Lol I should move to Alaska.

Yeah, it got up to sixty today, but I still
put on a jacket to walk the dog. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JT

Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: I am a sissy    Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:54 pm

Hermit wrote:
I wouldn't last ten seconds.
I hate being cold! Twisted Evil

Same here, Hermit. Jogging in sub-freezing weather in shorts would result in so much "shrinkage," I'd have to start scheduling appointments with a gynecologist. pirat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: I am a sissy    Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:23 pm

When I was much younger I really liked the cold but, now being a bit older and having poor circulation in my legs, I can get frost bite in my toes from sitting in front of this dad burn PC too long.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
Vito

PostSubject: Re: I am a sissy    Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:47 pm

Perhaps it's a consequence of pounding on that keyboard so hard! Twisted Evil

[/shouting]

jocolor
Back to top Go down
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: I am a sissy    Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:27 pm

Well, Maybe if I pound harder they'll just go numb. santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
Vito

PostSubject: Re: I am a sissy    Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:28 pm

Back to top Go down
alfredo_buscatti

Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: I am a sissy    Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:49 pm

His feat was practiced by the yogi Milarepa, many, many years ago:

Tibet's Great Yogī Milarepa: A Biography from the Tibetan. Edited by W. Y. Evans-Wentz. 1928. Oxford University Press.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vito

PostSubject: Re: I am a sissy    Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:14 pm

alfredo_buscatti wrote:
His feat was practiced by the yogi Milarepa, many, many years ago...
Most Esteemed Signore Alfredo:

Indeed, according to the legends, Yogi Milarepa was a heavy dude. Trained as a sorcerer in his youth, he brought major shit down on de haids of some relatives who stole his family's wealth after his father died. I dunno about the sorcery part, but there's usually some basis in fact in even the most fantastic legends. In any case, Milarepa himself acknowledged his dalliance with the Dark Side in his younger days:
Jetsun Milarepa wrote:
...my name is Milarepa. In my youth I committed black deeds. In maturity I practiced innocence. Now, released from both good and evil, I have destroyed the root of karmic action and shall have no reason for action in the future. To say more than this would only cause weeping and laughter. What good would it do to tell you? I am an old man. Leave me in peace.

Source: Milarepa - His Life
Funny you should mention this. I've recently been studying some of the recent history of Tibetan Buddhism. If you can stomach a firsthand account of unmitigated communist brutality, I recommend Surviving the Dragon: A Tibetan Lama's Account of 40 Years under Chinese Rule, by Arjia Rinpoche, who was abbot of the huge (and famous) Kumbum mega-monastery...
    [rant]
    ...which is in Tibet. Not f_cking China. Tibet. Not "the Tibet Autonomous Region", which is a pantload of commie-speak that does violence to the meaning of the word "autonomous". It's Tibet, dammit. I don't care how the goddam communists spin it, or distort it, or try to obscure the truth with outright lies. Those assholes have been committing cultural genocide in Tibet for the last half-century.

No disrespect to the Chinese people intended, of course. I'm talking about the damned political hacks...frauds, schmucks, criminals, scumbags, dickheads, thugs, murderers, blackguards, knaves...the ones who command the guns—who are every bit the same sorry-assed excuse for human beings in China as they are in the U.S.A., and everywhere else in the world.
    Politics is the most destructive disease in the history of the human species.
    (Grrrrrrrrr...)
    [/rant]

...(ahem)...er, uh (cough, cough)...where was I? Oh yeah, Tibetan Buddhism—one of the oldest "mind over matter" flowstreams of human knowledge on planet Oith.

Anyhow, your observation is a bullseye. I investigated "The Iceman" (Wim Hof, featured in the video posted by Bub in the OP in this thread) and there is indeed a Tibetan connection for his feet feat. Neat!

As it turns out, for many years Wim "The Iceman" Hof has been practicing a form of Tibetan Buddhist yoga called "Tummo" (translation: inner fire). So, not only is his feat not new or original to him, it appears he owes his ability to withstand severe coldth to his practice of that ancient Tibetan Buddhist discipline.

BTW, Mr. Hof did try to climb Everest in his shorts once already (in 2007). As predicted, he didn't succeed.

Back to top Go down
Natch

Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: I am a sissy    Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:10 pm

Me, a Wimp? This is me snorkeling in the UP!

Natch Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alfredo_buscatti

Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: I am a sissy    Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:37 pm

Mr. Hof in his shorts climbing Mt. Everest. . .what an idiot! Didn't he research the brutal, lethal forces at play even for suitably equipped idiots trying to ascend that peak? What could he have been thinking?

He just climbed in his shorts without oxygen, ropes or boots?

There have been so many deaths amongst even practiced climbers with full mountain regalia.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

I am a sissy
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: