HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Peterson "P" logo

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Airborne

Registration date : 2011-07-06

PostSubject: Peterson "P" logo   Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:37 pm

=

Last edited by Airborne on Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
docwatson

Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Peterson "P" logo   Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:06 pm

I have personally sent pipes back to Peterson in Ireland. Bit there should be repair men put there with the original "P" logo. I would first call Tim West as he does a lot of stem work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Peterson "P" logo   Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:59 pm

Wow, nice pipe, congrats!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Airborne

PostSubject: Re: Peterson "P" logo   Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:55 pm

docwatson wrote:
I have personally sent pipes back to Peterson in Ireland. Bit there should be repair men put there with the original "P" logo. I would first call Tim West as he does a lot of stem work.

Thanks, Doc. I was thinking about sending it to the factory, but I wanted to see whether anyone this side of the Atlantic stocked the logo or bits. Do you know how Tim West can be reached. I've not heard of him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Milan

Registration date : 2011-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Peterson "P" logo   Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:21 pm

Airborne wrote:
docwatson wrote:

Thanks, Doc. I was thinking about sending it to the factory, but I wanted to see whether anyone this side of the Atlantic stocked the logo or bits. Do you know how Tim West can be reached. I've not heard of him.

http://www.jhlowe.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Airborne

PostSubject: Re: Peterson "P" logo   Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:54 pm

Milan wrote:
Airborne wrote:
docwatson wrote:

http://www.jhlowe.com/

Thanks, Milan!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briar Boy

Registration date : 2011-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Peterson "P" logo   Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:45 am

I got a NOS 302 Standard system pipe a couple weeks ago, as it looked like the seller must have buffed the stem (probably oxidized from sitting around for so long) and all the white was gone for the P logo so I took some acrylic white paint and dabbed it on a wiped off the excess, it came out very nice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Airborne

PostSubject: Re: Peterson "P" logo   Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:48 am

Briar Boy wrote:
I got a NOS 302 Standard system pipe a couple weeks ago, as it looked like the seller must have buffed the stem (probably oxidized from sitting around for so long) and all the white was gone for the P logo so I took some acrylic white paint and dabbed it on a wiped off the excess, it came out very nice.

Thanks for the info, Briar Boy. What I'll probably end up doing is sending it back to the factory to have the P replaced.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Churchwarden

Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Peterson "P" logo   Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:03 pm

You know, I was at Uhle's the other day, and was checking out a Peterson bulldog. Much to my surprise, it was missing the "P" on the stem! It was definitely a Peterson and in the Peterson case, so I showed it to the owner. I thought of asking him for a reduction in the price, but reconsidered because I didn't want a deformed Peterson ... Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Peterson "P" logo   Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:42 pm

Check with the International Peterson Pipe Club online. Total Peterson folks over there and they will be able to get you set up for sure. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Peterson "P" logo
Page 1 of 1