HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Craziest proposed new law ever

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Craziest proposed new law ever   Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:27 am

Ya might have to keep yer tobacco hidden under yer weed in Washington state. Rolling Eyes
Link
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Craziest proposed new law ever   Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:13 am

...huh... that's... interesting...

...there's conservatives in Clark County? Laughing

...oh but the article... huh... interesting...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shootist51

Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Craziest proposed new law ever   Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:10 am

This is the compromise that the anti's talked about when trying for the first restriction on tobacco.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Airborne

Registration date : 2011-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Craziest proposed new law ever   Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:36 am

=

Last edited by Airborne on Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alfredo_buscatti

Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Craziest proposed new law ever   Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:59 am

A Class C felony merely to possess tobacco? That is at the same time disturbing and laughable; it will never pass. But the sentiment shows you just how far we have come in the antis journey against tobacco.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Craziest proposed new law ever   Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:09 pm

As crazy as this is, it's just the beginning. Our state is already overrun with hand wringing, tree hugging, uber-pc, bleeding heart libs who want to control every aspect of our lives. If it wasn't for the love of my career I wouldn't live here anymore.

While this initiative will very probably fail or never even get into the hands of the voters, the groundwork for similar laws will follow.

The tobacco nazis will not stop until all tobacco is eliminated. That is their goal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Craziest proposed new law ever   Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:12 pm

And people wonder why I'm a hermit and keep a loaded gun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
jlong

Registration date : 2009-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Craziest proposed new law ever   Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:58 pm

State legislators need to smoke a tin of penzance and chill out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Craziest proposed new law ever   Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:39 pm

Bleeding heart liberals are not completely to blame for this. Not that they are not involved. This would not have gotten as far as it has without the far-right social conservatives. The far-right has control of the Republican party right now. That's who is proposing and pushing these Nazi agendas.

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Craziest proposed new law ever   Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:50 pm

Cartaphilus wrote:
And people wonder why I'm a hermit and keep a loaded gun.

Aye. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Craziest proposed new law ever   Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:50 pm

Carlos wrote:
Bleeding heart liberals are not completely to blame for this. Not that they are not involved. This would not have gotten as far as it has without the far-right social conservatives. The far-right has control of the Republican party right now. That's who is proposing and pushing these Nazi agendas.

Aye. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SteveHorsfall

Registration date : 2011-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Craziest proposed new law ever   Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:05 pm

Writing as a card-carrying bleeding-heart liberal, I must say that this law's proponents are anything but. Liberals want to live and let live: that's what the word means.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y171/StephenHorsfall/Pipes/
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Craziest proposed new law ever   Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:40 pm

SteveHorsfall wrote:
Writing as a card-carrying bleeding-heart liberal, I must say that this law's proponents are anything but. Liberals want to live and let live: that's what the word means.

We'll revisit this notion when the EPA gets involved. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boxerbuddy

Registration date : 2011-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Craziest proposed new law ever   Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:50 pm

SteveHorsfall wrote:

I think you may be confusing liberal with libertarian.

If you're saying thats what you really think the liberal philosiphy is..I couldn't disagree with you more.

Edit: I just noticed you're from the UK....I don't know if the political definition of liberal is different there if it is I would have to revisit the above statement As for the U.S. liberals generally have a huge government nanny state philosiphy which is the exact opposite of live and let live.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JT

Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Craziest proposed new law ever   Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:07 pm

Carlos wrote:
The far-right has control of the Republican party right now.

If the Far Right were in control of the Republican Party, you'd think they'd be able to come up with a true Conservative presidential candidate rather than all these Casper Milquetoast moderates, such as Bush, Cain and Romney. You may be able to find some :"real" social divisions between the parties, but fiscally, it's been hard to tell them apart for quite some years.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZeroContent

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Craziest proposed new law ever   Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:29 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
SteveHorsfall wrote:

Yea yea yea. Little bit of a difference. You should be allowed to poison yourself if you want, shouldn't be allowed to poison others to make buck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.teantobacco.com
Carlos
Admin

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Craziest proposed new law ever   Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:59 pm

JT wrote:
Carlos wrote:

If the Far Right were in control of the Republican Party, you'd think they'd be able to come up with a true Conservative presidential candidate rather than all these Casper Milquetoast moderates, such as Bush, Cain and Romney. You may be able to find some :"real" social divisions between the parties, but fiscally, it's been hard to tell them apart for quite some years.

Agreed. My definition of Republican meant your political interests were fiscal conservatism. Social issues were the domain of the Democrats. All Republicans wanted to know was, how the Democrats social programs would affect the bottom line, and if we could afford it. So they compromised. But today, both parties seem to be about opposite sides of social issues that are tying the government in knots. They talk fiscal issues out of the side of their mouths and do nothing about them.

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jlong

Registration date : 2009-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Craziest proposed new law ever   Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:32 pm

I think back to around 1965 when smoking was an everyday way of life. I mean like the grocery store cashier packing your bag with a ciggy hanging out of his mouth, the "Winston tastes good like a cigarette should" and "Marlboro Man" TV comercials. Pipe smoking was considered a dignified art.

Times have really changed. We're nearing the age of tobacco sniffing dogs, tobacco busts, and convicted tobacco felons. Unbelievable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SteveHorsfall

Registration date : 2011-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Craziest proposed new law ever   Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:15 am

Actually, you're right - I was confusing liberal with libertarian. Nevertheless, I am a liberal in the usual sense, and I think that attitudes to smoking legislation cross political divides. There are live-and-let-livers on both left and right, and banners on both sides too. It's not one of those issues, like capital punishment or abortion, on which left and right divide clearly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y171/StephenHorsfall/Pipes/
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Craziest proposed new law ever   Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:23 am

ZeroContent wrote:
Kyle Weiss wrote:
SteveHorsfall wrote:

Yea yea yea. Little bit of a difference. You should be allowed to poison yourself if you want, shouldn't be allowed to poison others to make buck.

Yep, and therein lies the terminology. Eventually that bar gets raised, and raised again. Little by little. No one will notice. Nothing to see here. Cool Which is how the EPA works (and they aren't filled with pro-job capitalists, either). Kind of like how if cops are so good, why all the crime? Yeah. That kind of thing. Folks get richer being anti-tobacco than they do taxing it, soooo...

...poison ground, poison minds, poison philosophy, everyone's gotta have an edge, right? Cool

"We were born with two hands for a reason, one to do what we think is good, one to pat ourselves on the back."

Baboons. All of us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SPUD 15

Registration date : 2011-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Craziest proposed new law ever   Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:41 am

Carlos wrote:
JT wrote:
Carlos wrote:

Agreed. My definition of Republican meant your political interests were fiscal conservatism. Social issues were the domain of the Democrats. All Republicans wanted to know was, how the Democrats social programs would affect the bottom line, and if we could afford it. So they compromised. But today, both parties seem to be about opposite sides of social issues that are tying the government in knots. They talk fiscal issues out of the side of their mouths and do nothing about them.

Right on Carlos

KEEP YOUR POWDER DRY. THERE'S ANOTHER REVOLUTION COMING
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Craziest proposed new law ever   Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:30 pm

SPUD 15 wrote:
Carlos wrote:
JT wrote:
Carlos wrote:

Right on Carlos

KEEP YOUR POWDER DRY. THERE'S ANOTHER REVOLUTION COMING

Too stuck in my own head to have noticed this originally. Amen. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boxerbuddy

Registration date : 2011-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Craziest proposed new law ever   Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:22 pm

HAHA the EPA. The EPA could give a shit less about the environment.

The EPA is a vehicle by which government can gain control of industry.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Craziest proposed new law ever
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: