HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Getting very frustrated with USPS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mike_68

Registration date : 2011-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Getting very frustrated with USPS   Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:05 pm

I had the 26th off because Christmas was on a Sunday. Isn't that how it was supposed to work?

Not sure I see the problem with that...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boxerbuddy

Registration date : 2011-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Getting very frustrated with USPS   Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:31 pm

I have had trouble with USPS in the past...but strangely none with UPS. I know you said that the union and management is a joke there Kyle, and you know better than me having worked there, but my experience is that the packages get delivered on time and intact.

USPS on the other hand...late packages, crushed packages.....I ordered a very expensive fishing reel that came with the bail completely crushed and bent. The box had obviously been crushed by something. I don't think the seller would have sent it this way...he was an ebay seller with a 100% rating. Talked to USPS they blamed it on the seller. The seller was good enough to send me a new one, I hope he got reimbursed by USPS but I doubt it.

Lol Kyle if you think the management and union of a private company is a joke...which it very well could be...imagine what the management and union of a government entity must be like....disaster.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Getting very frustrated with USPS   Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:28 pm

FWIW I've read horror stories about both USPS and UPS.

My experience with both has been 99% positive. Only once in all the years I've been trading did UPS somehow lose a package, and the seller replaced it.

USPS so far has always delivered according to the d/c. Once or twice a day or so later than stated, yet it always got there.

That said, I'm wary of the USPS cuts to services. In my area they are apparently closing down a major sorting facility sometime soon. This does not bode well....

Neutral

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Getting very frustrated with USPS   Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:44 pm

Boxerbuddy wrote:
I have had trouble with USPS in the past...but strangely none with UPS. I know you said that the union and management is a joke there Kyle, and you know better than me having worked there, but my experience is that the packages get delivered on time and intact.

USPS on the other hand...late packages, crushed packages.....I ordered a very expensive fishing reel that came with the bail completely crushed and bent. The box had obviously been crushed by something. I don't think the seller would have sent it this way...he was an ebay seller with a 100% rating. Talked to USPS they blamed it on the seller. The seller was good enough to send me a new one, I hope he got reimbursed by USPS but I doubt it.

Lol Kyle if you think the management and union of a private company is a joke...which it very well could be...imagine what the management and union of a government entity must be like....disaster.

I can only imagine (in agony, mind you) what a government/union/private company hybrid must be like. I'd rather saw off my own feet with a metal ruler than work in a place like that.

UPS hubs, workers and union representation varies with many locations, but here in my area, which covers everywhere between Utah, me, and then Northern California, it's a damn nightmare. It's why I don't work there anymore.

This is the drawbacks I see with each package company:

FedEx: Might get there on time, might be broken, but it's cheap.

UPS: Gets there on time, if it's intact, thank your lucky stars.

USPS: Gets lost, but usually stays intact--where ever it might be.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Getting very frustrated with USPS   Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:51 pm

I've had good luck with the USPS.
They know me by name and face.
Once my daughter sent a post card while on vacation.
She forgot to write the address; just the name and city.
I got it. If I'm signing for a package, she asks me,
"Another pipe?" And I always got my packages with
all the pretty stamps from Hong Kong or Swiss Post. Twisted Evil
I also get great service from UPS and FedEx.
Small town Louisiana. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
szyzk

Registration date : 2011-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Getting very frustrated with USPS   Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:11 pm

I send and receive a LOT of packages and it wasn't too long ago that Priority meant a very consistent 2 days for me. Any more, it's very consistently 3 days.

I don't mind because, let's face it, I can't drive a package across the country for $5, but I have noticed a slight decline in speediness.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
calipuffer

Registration date : 2011-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Getting very frustrated with USPS   Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:08 pm

At the end of last year (2011) I bulked up my cellar while I had some funds available. I made probably 20 purchases, and the ones that came USPS (like 4noggins.com) all arrived within 3 days (I'm in CA). The speed of USPS from east coast based shops was consistently speedy. I had one issue where Delivery Confirmation said "Delivery Attempt - Not at Home" but I was at home that day. I got the package first thing the next morning (I think the driver was running late and had to close out his delivery sheet??). UPS is the slowest, 7-8 days from east coast. Seems like this will all change soon enough with the changes to USPS, but my experience was very good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeno Marx

Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Getting very frustrated with USPS   Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:22 pm

Delivery Confirmation and Signature Confirmation are pretty much a postal scam. They're a false sense of security, which is smart to offer for a seller and hollow hope for buyers. The chances of you ever getting a claim out of them is nil. There are so many hidden and buried rules to these things that its practically dumb luck to have met them all and have the ability to file a claim. I think those dates on the tracking option are mostly worthless. Back when they actually logged and scanned the numbers at every stage, they meant something. I haven't seen my local carrier handle a scanner in a really, really long time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Getting very frustrated with USPS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2