HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Beware: fraudulent pipes & tobacco website

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Airborne

Registration date : 2011-07-06

PostSubject: Beware: fraudulent pipes & tobacco website   Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:43 pm

Weíve had many new members recently so itís worthwhile to post this again. Donít buy anything from smokerpipe.com. Itís a fraudulent website. They hijacked smokingpipes products (pictures and written descriptions) and are trying get your credit card information. Two of my pipes (a Castello Pot & a Becker Bulldog) that I bought from smokingpipes last summer are on the smokerpipe website. The people in South Carolina are aware of this but apparently they canít do much about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ol'Dawg

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Beware: fraudulent pipes & tobacco website   Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:10 pm

It's a real shame these Chinese jerks can forge websites to look like legitimate ones with apparently no legal problems. The one you referenced site uses smokershavens layout and header and smokingpipes photos and descriptions.

There's another website that's operated by these same Chinese jerks called tobaccopipeshop.com that uses E.A. Carey's header name and some wording along smokingpipe's photos and descriptions. Unlike smokerpipe.com, this one does show they accept PayPal,Visa and Mastercard. However I don't think they have secure checkout nor 35 Alex Florov partially sandblasted Rhodesians in stock. Laughing

If you want to see the other scams these jerks have devised, do a search for HICHINA ZHICHENG TECHNOLOGY LTD.

Also, to determine the authenticity you can find the domain registrant at this website, for example-- http://www.networksolutions.com/whois-search/smokerpipe.com

Good luck and be careful.

Jim

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Beware: fraudulent pipes & tobacco website   Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:36 pm

I believe the search engines can be made notified of such sites, and will have warning pages that the visitor sees before they enter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jlong

Registration date : 2009-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Beware: fraudulent pipes & tobacco website   Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:35 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Beware: fraudulent pipes & tobacco website
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1