Reminiscing Cuba's Black Market

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Hermit

Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

Reminiscing Cuba's Black Market - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reminiscing Cuba's Black Market   Reminiscing Cuba's Black Market - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 4:12 pm

Everybody's tastes differ, so there is no "best" cigar.
Habanos do taste different.
Some people like that. Wink
Since I smoke so few cigars these days,
(1 or 2 a week) I always grab a Cuban
unless I'm doin' yard work.
I pass off my NCs on my son. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Dave_In_Philly

Dave_In_Philly

Registration date : 2011-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Reminiscing Cuba's Black Market   Reminiscing Cuba's Black Market - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 6:07 pm

szyzk wrote:
docwatson wrote:
OK, to start I'll ask if anyone here has had the pleasure of tasting the true Cuban Bolivar, or el Rey del Mundo cigars if they are still being manufactured???

Absolutely, Doc, they're still being manufactured!

The Bolivar Belicosos Finos, Coronas Extra, Royal Coronas and Petit Coronas are some of my favorite cigars. I have a few Gold Medals and Inmensas in the humidor but I haven't tried them yet.

The ERdM Choix Supreme is another cigar that I really enjoyed, but I've only had a few and haven't ever bought any more.

Yup, Boli Royal Corona is one of my all time favorites. Monte #4 is another really good one. If you told me the only cigar I could smoke for the rest of my life was one of the two, I wouldn't be upset.

Cuban Cigars really taught to appreciate smaller cigars, too. Ramon Allones Small Club Coronas, San Cristobal El Principes, Partigas Shorts, etc. Really really great flavor.
Back to top Go down
szyzk

szyzk

Registration date : 2011-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Reminiscing Cuba's Black Market   Reminiscing Cuba's Black Market - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 8:07 pm

Milan wrote:
I smoked a lot of Hoyo de Monterrey coronas because they were affordable.

I consider the HdM Epicure No 1 to be one of my top 5 cigars, hands down. They are absolutely incredible.

docwatson wrote:
Soil, location, seed, temperature, etc. all add a special quality to ANY tobacco throughout the world.

You bet! The amount of sun, temperature, rainfall etc can be duplicated (to an extent) but not the soil... That has to be one of the biggest reasons Cubans are different. By the way, PM me your address and I'll send you a few...

Hermit wrote:
Everybody's tastes differ, so there is no "best" cigar.

I agree...

Hermit wrote:
Habanos do taste different.

I agree even more...

Hermit wrote:
I pass off my NCs on my son.

Bwhahahahaha!
Back to top Go down
szyzk

szyzk

Registration date : 2011-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Reminiscing Cuba's Black Market   Reminiscing Cuba's Black Market - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 8:11 pm

Dave_In_Philly wrote:
Yup, Boli Royal Corona is one of my all time favorites. Monte #4 is another really good one. If you told me the only cigar I could smoke for the rest of my life was one of the two, I wouldn't be upset.

Cuban Cigars really taught to appreciate smaller cigars, too. Ramon Allones Small Club Coronas, San Cristobal El Principes, Partigas Shorts, etc. Really really great flavor.

The Monte #4, Partagas Shorts and SCdlH El Pricinipes are all on my top 5 Cubans list! To me they have the perfect balance of just about everything that I look for in a cigar! Since I named the HdM Epicure No 1 above, I might as well round out the top 5 with the Cohiba Robusto!

And yes, the Cubans nailed the smaller sizes (petit coronas, coronas, marevas, etc). I wish more non-Cuban manufacturers would follow suite instead of trying to outdo each other ("Look at my baseball bat-sized cigar!", "No, look at my telephone pole-sized cigar!", "No, look at my Blue whale-sized cigar!").
Back to top Go down

Reminiscing Cuba's Black Market
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2