HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

My Pete Collection . (just added a DANDY !)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DustyRoundup

Registration date : 2011-11-03

PostSubject: My Pete Collection . (just added a DANDY !)   Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:13 pm

4 and counting Very Happy

Clockwise, from top left
Green mod 65 Silver Spigot fishtail
317 System Standard P-lip
304 Sterling Silver(red) "Star" System Standard P-lip
307 System Standard P-lip

My life is complete now LOL Very Happy well at least , for a little while Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: My Pete Collection . (just added a DANDY !)   Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:22 pm

I'm curious as to your impression of the fishtail versus P-lip. A great collection!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Airborne

Registration date : 2011-07-06

PostSubject: Re: My Pete Collection . (just added a DANDY !)   Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:42 pm

Looking good! Now all you need is a little Guinness and some Brack and you'll be all set!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DustyRoundup

PostSubject: Re: My Pete Collection . (just added a DANDY !)   Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:47 pm

Well, Riff, my newbie opinion would be.

The P-lips with the system, dont affect my tongue at all. Whereas, yesterday, my last smoke with the fishtail left a sort of light tongue bite that lasted a few hours.
And I made that bowl last a bit over an hour with a few relights.

But, the fishtail stays put in my mouth just right , and I think it forces me to slow down my smoking, like if I hear a gurgle, I slow down.

The P-lips might be enabling me to smoke faster than I should actually.

As far as , would I want a P-lip on the spigot ? No, I like the Fishtail just fine , for the pipe it is on. The Spigot has pretty much become my little treasure, and the Fishtail is part of the "Feel" of it, as I smoke.
The P-lips , I smoke while working and driving and doing chores etc, so I'm not really thinking about "HOW" I'm smoking. And smoking too fast doesnt bite .
The Spigot , is my Special Pipe, for enjoying the Pipe, and the Tobacco, so I have time to think on "HOW" I'm smoking.

I dont know, does that make any sense?

LOL Airborne,, you got that right !

Back to top Go down
View user profile
riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: My Pete Collection . (just added a DANDY !)   Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:44 pm

An interesting perspective which makes sense. A pipe for every occasion/task, I like that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mozjo33

Registration date : 2011-12-04

PostSubject: Re: My Pete Collection . (just added a DANDY !)   Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:54 pm

Sweet collection Dusty. I see a fishtail in my future (hopefully near future).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PipeLeisure

Registration date : 2011-08-28

PostSubject: Re: My Pete Collection . (just added a DANDY !)   Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:20 pm

Nice Pete collection, have you ever tried Sunset Breeze? really nice aromatic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PipeLeisure?feature=mhee
DustyRoundup

PostSubject: Re: My Pete Collection . (just added a DANDY !)   Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:47 pm

Nope Pipeleisure, I havent .
I am sure I will though. As I am becoming sort of a "Peterson" addict. Very Happy

I would like to someday own one of everything they put out Rolling Eyes
But I seriously doubt thats going to happen Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Airborne

PostSubject: Re: My Pete Collection . (just added a DANDY !)   Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:49 pm

=

Last edited by Airborne on Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
s.ireland

Registration date : 2010-08-14

PostSubject: Re: My Pete Collection . (just added a DANDY !)   Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:47 pm

The Silver Spigot is especially handsome cheers

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DustyRoundup

PostSubject: Re: My Pete Collection . (just added a DANDY !)   Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:33 pm

Thanks Shane. And that 304 was my first ! Very Happy

Yeah Airborne, I would love to visit them.
My Great Grandparents came from Ireland , I never knew them , but my Grandfather and his Brothers sure left behind an "Irish Way" Rolling Eyes Very Happy .
I sort of wandered and drifted my early years away, and missed out on a trip where my whole Family went back with my Great Uncle , to visit Family.
So, Ya never know, because it sure has been a dream of mine.

But, I have been pondering the idea, of , would I like the Peterson pipes as well as I do , if I werent of Irish descent?
I would have to say yes, of course, as i really havent seen any other pipes that grab my eye, such as these.
The curves, the silver or nickel bands, the briar, the colors, the bowl shapes, the finishes, the system.
So many options to choose from. It amazes me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
plumbernater

Registration date : 2011-02-26

PostSubject: Re: My Pete Collection . (just added a DANDY !)   Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:25 am

You have some nice Petersons there. I got spme Scottish blood in me and I like Petersons. Ive got 4 myself and Im wanting a 307 like you have. I want to try the bigger bowl. How do you like your?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Airborne

PostSubject: Re: My Pete Collection . (just added a DANDY !)   Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:45 am

Good morning, Rusty-

Talking about Peterson enthusiasts! I donít know whether you know of Jim Lilley (aka-The Sandpiper) from Scotland. Heís a retired gent and a heck of a nice guy! He is probably the most enthusiastic Peterson Pipe Collector that I know of. He was the contributor of Peterson information on Pipedia and last I heard, he was engaged in writing a book about Peterson. Hereís the URL to his blog. Itís worth more than a peek! Be sure to click onto Photo Gallery. Youíll spend hours just looking at his Peteís:

http://thepetersoncollector.blogspot.com/2011/04/celebrating-my-new-smoking-seat.html

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: My Pete Collection . (just added a DANDY !)   Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:54 am

Airborne wrote:
Good morning, Rusty-

Talking about Peterson enthusiasts! I donít know whether you know of Jim Lilley (aka-The Sandpiper) from Scotland. Heís a retired gent and a heck of a nice guy! He is probably the most enthusiastic Peterson Pipe Collector that I know of. He was the contributor of Peterson information on Pipedia and last I heard, he was engaged in writing a book about Peterson. Hereís the URL to his blog. Itís worth more than a peek! Be sure to click onto Photo Gallery. Youíll spend hours just looking at his Peteís:

http://thepetersoncollector.blogspot.com/2011/04/celebrating-my-new-smoking-seat.html

Nice blog. Thanks, that will give me something interesting to read later...
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
DustyRoundup

PostSubject: Re: My Pete Collection . (just added a DANDY !)   Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:06 pm

Thanks Airborne,
It looks good , I am checking it out now
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oystermouth

Registration date : 2011-11-22

PostSubject: The Biggest Pete in the world??   Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:15 am

I bought a couple of Petersons the other week. They were advertised as 'old pipes'. One was the biggest pipe I've ever seen in my life I couldn't close my hand around it - it must take at least a pound of tobacco and would smoke for about a decade, and the other was the smallest I've ever seen. I'll hook out some photos and post them later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boulder

Registration date : 2011-08-29

PostSubject: Re: My Pete Collection . (just added a DANDY !)   Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:57 am

Great choice of pipe rotation and baccy, Congrat's. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oystermouth

PostSubject: Huge Peterson   Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:11 pm

This is the massive Peterson I bought recently. Underneath it is a normal Peterson, to the right is a Peterson House Pipe Magnum, and underneath is the smallest Peterson. The oblong object is a normal credit card for scale.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DustyRoundup

PostSubject: Re: My Pete Collection . (just added a DANDY !)   Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:37 pm

Holy Cow !

have you smoked it yet?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: My Pete Collection . (just added a DANDY !)   Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:54 pm

You gonna club people with it or smoke it, Oyster? Shocked

My goodness.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oystermouth

PostSubject: Well   Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:04 pm

If things go wrong I can always live in it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briar_Bear

Registration date : 2012-01-26

PostSubject: Re: My Pete Collection . (just added a DANDY !)   Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:50 pm

DustyRoundup wrote:
Clockwise, from top left
Green mod 65 Silver Spigot fishtail
317 System Standard P-lip
304 Sterling Silver(red) "Star" System Standard P-lip
307 System Standard P-lip

Which one do you enjoy smoking most?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DustyRoundup

PostSubject: Re: My Pete Collection . (just added a DANDY !)   Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:52 pm

I like my 65 spigot the most I guess,, holding a tight 2nd is the little 317.

Oh heck I need to add my newest addition to my family of Pete's

Its the straight pipe at bottom, its a "Racing Green model 264" Its a pretty nice smoker too.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boxerbuddy

Registration date : 2011-10-06

PostSubject: Re: My Pete Collection . (just added a DANDY !)   Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:38 pm

DustyRoundup wrote:
Thanks Shane. And that 304 was my first ! Very Happy

Yeah Airborne, I would love to visit them.
My Great Grandparents came from Ireland , I never knew them , but my Grandfather and his Brothers sure left behind an "Irish Way" Rolling Eyes Very Happy .
I sort of wandered and drifted my early years away, and missed out on a trip where my whole Family went back with my Great Uncle , to visit Family.
So, Ya never know, because it sure has been a dream of mine.

But, I have been pondering the idea, of , would I like the Peterson pipes as well as I do , if I werent of Irish descent?
I would have to say yes, of course, as i really havent seen any other pipes that grab my eye, such as these.
The curves, the silver or nickel bands, the briar, the colors, the bowl shapes, the finishes, the system.
So many options to choose from. It amazes me.

Hey Dusty....I'm Irish, Scottish, and Italian...pretty much everyone thats caucasian in Boston is Irish, Italian, or both lol. Having said that I love the classic look of Petersons...I actually have one on the way right now. But, before you commit yourself to buying the whole Pete lineup, you owe it to yourself to give some of the Italian pipes a shot.

Savinelli is basically the Italian version of Peterson....been around forever, affordable, great reputation. I have a Sav Tevere 607 KS that my daughter bought me for Christmas and I gotta say, its a really good smoker. Very comfortable to hang and provides a nice easy, cool smoke and it only cost like 56 bucks. One advantage I think Sav has to Pete is that most of their pipes come with acrylic stems. Well, its an advantage to me anyways since I like Acrylic better....don't have to worry about oxidation at all or tooth marks as much. Some people think they're less comfortable but I have pipes with vulcanite and acrylic stems and I actually prefer the acrylic in terms of comfort. I'm not a fan of soft bits.

So yeah my suggestion is at least try some different pipes before you get all the petes. Lol what happens if you buy the whole pete lineup and then you try something else you like even better...shit! Now you gotta buy that whole lineup! Lol no you don't but you get my point.

I'm trying all different brands before I start to decide if I'm gonna buy more of one before anything else. So far I have a Nording, Savinelli, Stanwell(danish made), LJ Peretti, Ascorti, and a Boswell, with a Pete on the way. Oh yeah and a couple of MM cobs which smoke awesome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ejames

Registration date : 2012-02-01

PostSubject: Re: My Pete Collection . (just added a DANDY !)   Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:33 pm

Wow! That pipe is huge!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ozarksouthpawpipes.com/index.html

My Pete Collection . (just added a DANDY !)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next