HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

My Pete Collection . (just added a DANDY !)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
BuckeyeBoy34

Registration date : 2012-04-03

PostSubject: Re: My Pete Collection . (just added a DANDY !)   Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:49 pm

That is a huge pipe!! Have you filled it with a full tin of tobacco and smoked it yet?? How much does that bad boy weigh? Its diffrent I dig it cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ginince

Registration date : 2012-04-28

PostSubject: Re: My Pete Collection . (just added a DANDY !)   Sat May 12, 2012 4:33 am

I like ilrish flake very well....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: My Pete Collection . (just added a DANDY !)   Sat May 12, 2012 10:55 am

DR - I just saw this post - have long lusted after a racing green or other dark green Pete (not that blue or blue green thing they're doing) but have heard lots of stories and read different things about the green fading. Have you noticed any of this in your forest pipe.

In fact...I avoided the racing green pipes during a recent Pete search and purchase due to this and ended up with a really excellent Rosslare Royal Irish...only thing is it's not green.

I am purposly avoiding any and all stupid references to Kermit...but it's not easy either.

View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: My Pete Collection . (just added a DANDY !)   Sat May 12, 2012 8:07 pm

Airborne wrote:
Good morning, Rusty-

Talking about Peterson enthusiasts! I donít know whether you know of Jim Lilley (aka-The Sandpiper) from Scotland. Heís a retired gent and a heck of a nice guy! He is probably the most enthusiastic Peterson Pipe Collector that I know of. He was the contributor of Peterson information on Pipedia and last I heard, he was engaged in writing a book about Peterson. Hereís the URL to his blog. Itís worth more than a peek! Be sure to click onto Photo Gallery. Youíll spend hours just looking at his Peteís:

http://thepetersoncollector.blogspot.com/2011/04/celebrating-my-new-smoking-seat.html

I've seen some pics of this guys collection, but this link to his blog is amazing!

And here I thought my middling few Petes constituted a "collection"!

affraid

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: My Pete Collection . (just added a DANDY !)   Sat May 12, 2012 8:19 pm

Brewdude wrote:
Airborne wrote:
Good morning, Rusty-

Talking about Peterson enthusiasts! I donít know whether you know of Jim Lilley (aka-The Sandpiper) from Scotland. Heís a retired gent and a heck of a nice guy! He is probably the most enthusiastic Peterson Pipe Collector that I know of. He was the contributor of Peterson information on Pipedia and last I heard, he was engaged in writing a book about Peterson. Hereís the URL to his blog. Itís worth more than a peek! Be sure to click onto Photo Gallery. Youíll spend hours just looking at his Peteís:

http://thepetersoncollector.blogspot.com/2011/04/celebrating-my-new-smoking-seat.html

I've seen some pics of this guys collection, but this link to his blog is amazing!

And here I thought my middling few Petes constituted a "collection"!

affraid

Cheers,

RR

"the Sandpiper" is THE Peterson guy for sure ! What he's forgotten about Pete's even Peterson can't fill in!! If you have ANY question about what Pete is this or that, he's the guy that has the answers ! And he has Pete's that Peterson does not have in the small museum at the factory !!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DustyRoundup

Registration date : 2011-11-03

PostSubject: Re: My Pete Collection . (just added a DANDY !)   Sat May 12, 2012 11:31 pm

well, Blackhorse, I'll take a few pics here, and post em , and you'll see for yourself.

OK , this first shot is one problem spot I have, and so, this being my only silver spigot, I now hold back and only smoke it twice a month. Its not bad, but it is fading. But take into account, I am a newby really, and there may have been a time or two that I got it too hot. But for the most part, I always did try my best to smoke it slower than any other pipe I own.

And heres a few to show that its all good

OK, and heres the bad spot on the rim of the bowl, on my Racing Green 264
it started to turn a reddish yellowish brown, probably within 6-10 bowls.

So, ? there ya go ! i guess they do turn. But I'm OK with it, with mine. Personally, these two are my Favorites. So, it's all good.
Very Happy So, now I want a red silver spigot Very Happy I wonder if they turn color?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ocelot55

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: My Pete Collection . (just added a DANDY !)   Sat May 12, 2012 11:48 pm

I own two green Petes, a St. Patty's Day 2008 68 and a Racing Green 150. Both are starting to change to a yellowish gold colour. From what I understand sunlight accelerates the process. I keep both of mine stowed away in a travel case instead of on my pipe rack. Hopefully that will slow the colour change. Ultimatley they will change colour, but I guess I'm ok with that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jonespipes.com
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: My Pete Collection . (just added a DANDY !)   Sun May 13, 2012 12:25 am

That's what I had heard. I guess I'll stick with the browns and blacks. I wonder if that why the newer 'colors' are in the blue-green and blue area?

FYI - there are vendors out there that have replaced the fading pipes...agreeing, I guess, that it was a defect. From what I've read...they all go that way sooner or later. Man, and that green is just so gorgeous.

View user profile

My Pete Collection . (just added a DANDY !)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2