HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Hello from a Scotsman living in Boise, Idaho.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dreadgerbil

Registration date : 2012-01-05

PostSubject: Hello from a Scotsman living in Boise, Idaho.   Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:04 pm

I've been a pipe smoker for about 13 years, but I just found the forum today and couldn't be more thrilled.

This is just a brief introduction before I begin stalking posts and drooling over other people's pipe collections.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a Scotsman living in Boise, Idaho.   Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:00 am

Welcome to the forums! I hope you have a great time here, but doubt you'll be drooling over my pipe collection Smile

"T"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
Simple Man

Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a Scotsman living in Boise, Idaho.   Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:16 am

Good morning, and welcome!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mike_68

Registration date : 2011-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a Scotsman living in Boise, Idaho.   Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:35 am

A Scotsman in Boise? Not quite "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court" eh? Welcome to BoB regardless...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Airborne

Registration date : 2011-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a Scotsman living in Boise, Idaho.   Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:39 am

Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to your posts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cigar2you

Registration date : 2010-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a Scotsman living in Boise, Idaho.   Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:15 am

Welcome to forum and since you mentioned it let see some briar. LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dreadgerbil

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a Scotsman living in Boise, Idaho.   Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:55 am

Cigar2you wrote:
Welcome to forum and since you mentioned it let see some briar. LOL

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone.

As requested, here are the 3 pipes I have at the moment. I had a couple more, including an old favourite, which were broken in my suitcase when I first moved to the states. Hopefully I'll get richer soon and can start building the collection a bit more.

From Left to Right: Dr. Grabow Golden Duke Adjustomatic, No Name Oom Paul and Arlington custom deluxe, Imp. Briar.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cigar2you

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a Scotsman living in Boise, Idaho.   Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:14 pm

The Arlington looks like a real comfortable pipe to smoke, I prefer a smaller bowl on a straight stem.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dreadgerbil

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a Scotsman living in Boise, Idaho.   Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:20 pm

Cigar2you wrote:
The Arlington looks like a real comfortable pipe to smoke, I prefer a smaller bowl on a straight stem.

It's actually a very comfortable and smooth smoke. I got it for a great price since the bottom of the stem is very slightly damaged. (Doesn't impact the smoking at all.)

I tend to prefer a bent stem, myself, but oddly I think I look less outlandish with a straight stem and smaller bowl because I have a very small head.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cigar2you

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a Scotsman living in Boise, Idaho.   Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:32 pm

For me it is a matter of task at hand. If driving or working a prefer a bent pipe if just sitting around enjoying a bowl I just grab any pipe that suits me at that time
Back to top Go down
View user profile
plumbernater

Registration date : 2011-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a Scotsman living in Boise, Idaho.   Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:18 pm

Welcome to the forum. Im sure you will enjoy it here. By the way I got some of that Scot blood in me. Ill be seeing you here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PipeLeisure

Registration date : 2011-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a Scotsman living in Boise, Idaho.   Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:08 am

Nothing wrong with your pipe collection...you think we all started with Dunhills and Ardors....NOT lol!

Welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PipeLeisure?feature=mhee
docwatson

Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a Scotsman living in Boise, Idaho.   Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:14 pm

Welcome to the forum, and here's a link to get you started on a lifelong journey.

http://www.smokingpipes.com/

lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Behike54

Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a Scotsman living in Boise, Idaho.   Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:29 pm

very nice, very nice.....

welcome to BoB!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boulder

Registration date : 2011-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a Scotsman living in Boise, Idaho.   Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:28 pm

Hello and Welcome to the BoB forum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nathan_58

Registration date : 2012-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a Scotsman living in Boise, Idaho.   Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:13 am

Welcome to BoB and to the US of A! When you get home sick, pull on your kilt, fill up your flask, pack up a pipe, and find a local highland games. Example: (I'm also new to the forum so I can't post the actual link) xxx.idahoscots.org, they haven't updated their site for 2012 yet but you'll get the idea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Hello from a Scotsman living in Boise, Idaho.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1