HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

A new smoker, just picked tried my first English

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kieveryuu

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: A new smoker, just picked tried my first English   Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:11 pm

Not being able to smoke inside and with the cold weather my tobacco selection has remained rather small as I do not smoke often. From our local tobacconist, Sturmanís Smoke Shop, I had two of their custom blends which along with with the starter tobacco I had gave me three blends. The Black Cavendish has been my go-to and the one I carry in my pipe kit.

Reading through the forum and looking at my pipes I have really been itching to expand my tobacco collection and experience. Now, finally, I have had a chance to get a larger selection and added an English to the mix. The English in question is Sturmanís Oriental Mix. Just smoked it and really liked. Everyone, well, most everyone, seems to have an English they like. At least as the forum threads go. Having tried this one, I am looking forward to exploring this side of pipe tobaccos with the hope that one day I too will have a favorite English.

The tobaccos I picked today:
Sturmanís Oriental Mix
Petersonís Gold Blend
Petersonís Sherlock Holmes (because, really, why not?)
Petersonís Irish Oak
McClellandís Easy Street
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://type29a.com
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: A new smoker, just picked tried my first English   Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:16 pm

Congrats.

While I'm usually an Aromatic smoker, I do stock and semi-regularly smoke Dunhill's Early Morning Pipe. I have a small amount of Dunhill 965 on hand, but I don't smoke this one to often.

But, to each his own. If you smoke it and you like it, that's all that matters. OTOH, the wife greatly prefers that I smoke the Aromatics if she's around me or if I smoke inside. English Blends and Cigars are for outside smoking only, unless it's nice out and the windows are open/window fan running - then inside is ok.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kieveryuu

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: A new smoker, just picked tried my first English   Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:55 pm

My preference at the moment is still aromatics. However, do enjoy the process of trying.

Know a few pretty ladies that like the way black cavendish leaves a guy (me) smelling. You know, if a guy needed an additional incentive. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://type29a.com

A new smoker, just picked tried my first English
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1