HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

The Rubber Room (Members Only) and The Public Forums

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
alfredo_buscatti

Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: The Rubber Room (Members Only) and The Public Forums   Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:00 pm

Other than the disservice that I and others did to Mike's original post in the thread "Hopefully History will not repeat itself 24 years later," aside from one post, I find nothing that was said outside of what I would deem appropriate for Bob's public forums.

I am puzzled about why some members found anything inappropriate about the views expressed there, in a public forum.

This is all about free speech and the sometimes vigorous expressions thereof.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: The Rubber Room (Members Only) and The Public Forums   Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:22 pm

Come on man, let it go. Cool

Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: The Rubber Room (Members Only) and The Public Forums   Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:32 pm

It's not the discussion itself Mike.. I really don't care.

I would allow crap outside the RR that would make the other Mods cringe, because I really don't care to the extent that they do..lol
I don't nanny nearly as much as some think.

The point was theres a time and place for everything..

Imagine it this way if it helps. A guy comes on and says they just found out his kid has cancer... and then we break out in a spirited debate over whether the Government condones mega corporations poisening the populace with carcegenic chemicals and the right and wrong of it all... Does the Government condone it? Pretty interesting topic, I'm sure I would partake.. but doing so in the thread where the Bro announced his son had cancer would be tasteless, disrespectful, and less than brotherly. Same thing just happened.

Having said that.. the Rubber Room was created for those type topics. Some, myself included, actually prefer those type topics, but the majority don't. How do I know? Look at the list of folk signed up for the RR. Rothschilds, Global Military conspiracy, politics, God stuff, etc etc go there. period. It's not debatable unless the Admin/Owner of this site decides it is. WE are guest here.
Alot of us think of it as home, but real world is the site belongs to a guy (well a guy and a corporation) and he has laid out how he wants it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: The Rubber Room (Members Only) and The Public Forums   Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:38 pm

puros_bran wrote:
It's not the discussion itself Mike.. I really don't care.

The point was theres a time and place for everything..

Alot of us think of it as home, but real world is the site belongs to a guy (well a guy and a corporation) and he has laid out how he wants it.

...and there it is. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alfredo_buscatti

Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: The Rubber Room (Members Only) and The Public Forums   Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:40 pm

pb, are you saying that the discussion that occurred in Mikem's thread, outside of the one offensive post, should have occurred in the RR?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: The Rubber Room (Members Only) and The Public Forums   Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:47 pm

OFFICIALLY: Yes.

The official policy is: 'A Place To Discuss Anything You Wish As Long As It's Respectful Of Others' goes into the General Disc area. 'The Topics Discussed Here May Be Religious, Political or Otherwise Controversial in Nature!' Go into the Rubber Room.

Considering the mentioned topic is Religious,Political and obviously Controversial in Nature, and that it was disrespectful of Mike's concern for his kid I'd say it's clear where it needed to be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: The Rubber Room (Members Only) and The Public Forums   Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:07 pm

Our children are out there in harms way defending this country. Our Children! Mikes son. I'm ashamed that I allowed myself to get dragged into anything but respectful acknowledgement of that in that thread.

My child was in that same position only months ago, nothing worth talking about besides getting her back safely while she was out there.

Sometimes there's no room for discussion.

Simple Man

Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: The Rubber Room (Members Only) and The Public Forums   Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:14 pm

Last edited by Simple Man on Thu May 03, 2012 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jlong

Registration date : 2009-07-07

PostSubject: Re: The Rubber Room (Members Only) and The Public Forums   Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:24 pm

Where is this rubber room?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: The Rubber Room (Members Only) and The Public Forums   Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:26 pm

jlong wrote:

...Pandora's Box, sir. Pandora's Box. Are you sure? Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Rubber Room (Members Only) and The Public Forums   Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:53 am

jlong wrote:

Go to this thread and follow the instructions.

http://www.brothersofbriar.com/t3752-joining-the-asylum

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile

The Rubber Room (Members Only) and The Public Forums
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1